Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tire pressure sensor  (Read 1718 times)

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
Tire pressure sensor
« on: September 03, 2023, 12:56:40 PM »

So my little tire light came on yesterday morning  while I was heading out with my girl get breakfast. The dash said my rear had 37 psi in it and I didn't worry about it. Pretty quickly after a few miles in the Florida heat it was up to 44 psi. So again I didn't worry.

So this morning I check it and it reads at 37psi again and the light is still on too. So I add some air, I usually carry 40 psi in the rear. So I wait a few minutes and turn ignition switch on and again the tire light is on. And it still says 37psi. I checked diagnostics and it showed code COO77c. It would not let me clear it.

So I assume I have a bad tire pressure sensor?

Any thoughts would be appreciated........thank you.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Finster101

• Full CVO Member
Re: Tire pressure sensor
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2023, 04:36:19 PM »

If the pressure changed when the tire heated up the sensor is reading.  I don't know what the threshold is set at to turn on the light.  The bike may need to be ridden to "wake" the sensor up for it to update the new pressure.  All this is from my automotive experience, but I think the systems would be similar.  My bike is way to old to have them.

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2023, 05:18:38 PM »

If the pressure changed when the tire heated up the sensor is reading.  I don't know what the threshold is set at to turn on the light.  The bike may need to be ridden to "wake" the sensor up for it to update the new pressure.  All this is from my automotive experience, but I think the systems would be similar.  My bike is way to old to have them.
OK thanks

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2023, 06:57:45 AM »

37psi cold in rear will trigger the TPMS warning. Did the light go away when it warmed up? Try inflating the rear tire to 45 psi and see if the tpms goes away, then bleed it down to 40 psi. The code is just for low tire pressure, once your light goes away you should be able to clear it. If that doesnt work, you might need a new sensor,

So my little tire light came on yesterday morning  while I was heading out with my girl get breakfast. The dash said my rear had 37 psi in it and I didn't worry about it. Pretty quickly after a few miles in the Florida heat it was up to 44 psi. So again I didn't worry.

So this morning I check it and it reads at 37psi again and the light is still on too. So I add some air, I usually carry 40 psi in the rear. So I wait a few minutes and turn ignition switch on and again the tire light is on. And it still says 37psi. I checked diagnostics and it showed code COO77c. It would not let me clear it.

So I assume I have a bad tire pressure sensor?

Any thoughts would be appreciated........thank you.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.