Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Luggage Rack alternatives  (Read 13714 times)

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
Re: Luggage Rack alternatives
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 01:22:10 PM »

The stealth rack works well and looks better than the other alternatives in my opinion

Someone had posted that the stealth rack does not fit the SESG?  Is this true?
Mods:
Mirror Chrome Agitator Wheels
Freedom Racing Duals
C&C Seat (Squeeter's Revenge)
Hawg Wired "Double Shots"
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
HD Chrome Accents on gauges/radio
Tune Trapper Antenna (hidden)
Riders Claw
Footboard/Passenger Extensions
SE Shift Linkage
Joker Machine Saddlebag Latches
Ness Flame Grips (billet)

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010flhxse
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2010, 07:42:47 PM »

I have the stealth rack and I really like the way it looks. It is large enough to carry most bags. If you are thinking of buying a corbin their pillons will not fit on with the rack without being modified. Mine is at Corbin having that done right now. Its been a real experience with the seat. Another story. Someday I will be able to post a picture with the seat done.
TJ

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2010, 10:05:10 PM »

The stealth rack seems to work for me.....
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2010, 10:08:02 PM »

The T-Bag works with the stealth but the antenna is close to the bag.  Not a problem however.

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2010, 10:57:37 PM »

However I did switch to the standard height passenger backrest so the t-bag has more area to fasten to.  My BSR likes the higher backrest as well.  The flag is removed so the t-bag fits close to the backrest.

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2010, 12:38:35 AM »

The rack looks great!! That will have to be my next addition!
Mods:
Mirror Chrome Agitator Wheels
Freedom Racing Duals
C&C Seat (Squeeter's Revenge)
Hawg Wired "Double Shots"
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
HD Chrome Accents on gauges/radio
Tune Trapper Antenna (hidden)
Riders Claw
Footboard/Passenger Extensions
SE Shift Linkage
Joker Machine Saddlebag Latches
Ness Flame Grips (billet)

CruisinEagle

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Burgundy Blaze / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2010, 03:34:58 PM »

However I did switch to the standard height passenger backrest so the t-bag has more area to fasten to.  My BSR likes the higher backrest as well.  The flag is removed so the t-bag fits close to the backrest.

Thanks a lot WestCoastRuss! Those pictures give a good impression of both looks and functionality. IMO, the design of this rack fits the SESG like a hand in a glove.  ;) I was also thinking of replacing the passenger backrest, to add some comfort for my wife and also have a better support for the t-bag. Do you know the width and length of the Stealth rack?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 03:43:28 PM by CruisinEagle »

GaLonghair

• Full CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2010, 04:12:00 PM »

I use the stealth rack when not using tour pack. Looks good with and without passenger back rest as an accent to the rear of the bike. Modified mine slightly so can mount flags to it.
Lead, follow or get out of the way. But, do something!

rlavigna

• Elite CVO Member
  • FKA: Rich07

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: '07 SERK (retired)
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2010, 05:10:31 PM »

Hi TJ,

I'm just about ready to order a Corbin Solo seat with the Touring Passenger Pillion.  I have the Stealth Luggage Rack too.  What is Corbin doing to fix the fit issue?  Are they just shaving a little off the rear of the Passenger Pillion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Rich

I have the stealth rack and I really like the way it looks. It is large enough to carry most bags. If you are thinking of buying a corbin their pillons will not fit on with the rack without being modified. Mine is at Corbin having that done right now. Its been a real experience with the seat. Another story. Someday I will be able to post a picture with the seat done.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2010, 05:57:48 PM »

Hi TJ,

I'm just about ready to order a Corbin Solo seat with the Touring Passenger Pillion.  I have the Stealth Luggage Rack too.  What is Corbin doing to fix the fit issue?  Are they just shaving a little off the rear of the Passenger Pillion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Rich

I have the Corbin Solo with the Touring Pillion.  TJStreetglide has the 50s Pillion.  We, actually I have his pillion and stealth luggage rack.

He sent them to me and I've already tried the rack on my bike with my pillion......there's no way the stealth rack will fit with the pillion (either one). 

If you're going to be using the quick release tour pack, I'm going to sugges that you order your Corbin from Jim (hd-dude on this forum).  He'll give you the discount and make sure that you get one that works on the CVO with a tour pack.

TJ ordered from Jenny and they've sent the pillion back twice now........and that's why I now have it.  I'm going to take it to Corbin on my SESG to get it done right.  Jim knows what to look for first hand (he works on CVOs on a daily basis) and will ensure that it's right before he sends it out to you.

You might want to look at this thread.......   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=47221.0
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

rlavigna

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2010, 06:15:37 PM »

Hey JC,

I did s/w Jim earlier and will order from him.  I just want to confirm he can specify and Corbin can deliver a Touring Passenger Pillion that will work with the Stealth Luggage rack.  I like the rack (nice rack...ok focus) and hope I can get to use it with the Corbin setup the way I want.

Rich

I have the Corbin Solo with the Touring Pillion.  TJStreetglide has the 50s Pillion.  We, actually I have his pillion and stealth luggage rack.

He sent them to me and I've already tried the rack on my bike with my pillion......there's no way the stealth rack will fit with the pillion (either one). 

If you're going to be using the quick release tour pack, I'm going to sugges that you order your Corbin from Jim (hd-dude on this forum).  He'll give you the discount and make sure that you get one that works on the CVO with a tour pack.

TJ ordered from Jenny and they've sent the pillion back twice now........and that's why I now have it.  I'm going to take it to Corbin on my SESG to get it done right.  Jim knows what to look for first hand (he works on CVOs on a daily basis) and will ensure that it's right before he sends it out to you.

You might want to look at this thread.......   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=47221.0

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2010, 06:39:08 PM »

Jim ordered my 50's pillion already shaved if I ever want the 2 up Tour Pack, so I am sure he can order it to work with the luggage rack.

rlavigna

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2010, 06:40:07 PM »

Cool.  I will have him order a shaved seat...

Jim ordered my 50's pillion already shaved if I ever want the 2 up Tour Pack, so I am sure he can order it to work with the luggage rack.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2010, 06:45:54 PM »

Hey JC,

I did s/w Jim earlier and will order from him.  I just want to confirm he can specify and Corbin can deliver a Touring Passenger Pillion that will work with the Stealth Luggage rack.  I like the rack (nice rack...ok focus) and hope I can get to use it with the Corbin setup the way I want.

Rich

I don't believe that Corbin can make their pillion (either one) work with the stealth rack.  The thing is that the stock seat ends in front of the screw/bolt socket.  With Corbin, the base plate of the pillion extends past the screw/bolt socket in the fender.  As short as my pillion is already, they'd have to cut another inch to inch and a quarter off the back of the seat to fit the stealth rack.

At that point, you'd be up over the screw/bolt socket.  With a Corbin pillion you remove the screw and screw a mounting spike in that hole so that when installed correctly, the mount is under the pillion and not visable (to prevent theft of the pillion).

I'm going to take TJ's rack and pillion to Corbin in a few weeks to talk to them about it, but I just don't see it happening due to the design of the pillion.  :nixweiss:

I hope this explains it and didn't make it more confusing for you.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2010, 06:48:39 PM »

Yes, he can order is shaved enough to work with the quick release tour pack but I don't believe it's possible to shave it another inch to inch and a quarter to fit the luggage rack.  I'll post photos when I get home.....of my already shaved pillion, with the stealth luggage rack. (I don't have the pics on this computer).

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 22 queries.