Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Mid-Frame deflectors", "Adjustable Air Deflectors", and "Fork Air Baffles" ??  (Read 4123 times)

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8

I think that Kuryakn has a better adjustable air deflector.

Mid frame deflector.....a lot of comments in both directions on those.  Trap even more heat around that rear cylinder but help to save the riders thigh. :nixweiss:

Same with the fork air baffle.....pros and cons.

Do a search on each of them......they've all three been beat to death on this forum.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!

I use all 3 on my '10 SESG and would do it again.
Some have had issues fitting other brands of mid-frame heat deflectors
The front air baffle is something that used to be standard on all baggers (if made of plastic) for years. Wouldn't ride without it.

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC

http://www.rjsoriginals.com/

I have these, prefer the look over other brands JMO

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand

Front Fork Air Baffle......best $20 I have ever spent on my bike.......
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide

I have the Harley adjustable air deflectors and they are awesome.  I can't believe that there would be much difference between the Harley ones and aftermarkets.
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.

scorpionking

just added the harley frame deflectors had them on my last electraglide and they do keep some of the heat away

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator

So I added the Mid Deflectors, BIG difference in heat on the legs!! The Air baffle is worth the money. But the jury is out on the adjustable fairing deflectors, I can't even say what my wife said about them when she saw them. I only have one mounted as of now just because I am not sure what I think. I can feel the difference, but more in the body where the wind isn't as noticeable. Guess I have to make a decision before Street Vibes this weekend.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member

So I added the Mid Deflectors, BIG difference in heat on the legs!! The Air baffle is worth the money. But the jury is out on the adjustable fairing deflectors, I can't even say what my wife said about them when she saw them. I only have one mounted as of now just because I am not sure what I think. I can feel the difference, but more in the body where the wind isn't as noticeable. Guess I have to make a decision before Street Vibes this weekend.
Up north in the 40's, the batwing deflectors make a big difference, when you open them vs close them. Yes, it mostly effects the body, especially if you have the stock windshield.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 06:11:42 PM by mrmagloo »
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

SG Racer

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2, Black Diamond/ Inferno Orange
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG, Cherry

The adjustable bat wing deflectors do make a difference. Does take some getting used to on the way they look. I put mine on before I went to Daytona. I actually took them off on the way and could tell the difference. I put them back on and have gotten used to them now. They were open all summer though.
Ray
D&D Fat Cat W/Ghost pipe
Custom leather seat
12" Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars
SEPST
93Hp, 116Tq

Widows Son

• No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child - Shriners of America
  • Full CVO Member
  • narasimhalu.smugmug.com

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
    • Sanjay Narasimhalu Photography

I love the adjustable air deflectors - I suffered a large amount of helmet buffeting from air coming from below/side of the fairing. Once I put these on, it stopped and now my pea brain doesn't rattle around in my skull.

One problem though: BOTH adjustable air deflectors are cracking at the upper hinge of the transparent deflector. I was wondering if any others are experiencing the same problem. You'll see a white crack clear across the cup which holds the hinge I circled in the picture.. I only have roughly 1000miles on the deflectors.

Wild 1 Chubby WO575
C&C seat
Dynojet Power Vision
Jackpot 2-1-2 header
V&H Hi-Output
J&M 250W amp + 7.25" Speakers
Chrome Agitators
Harley Goodies floorboard extensions
Wheeldock EZ-up centerstand
Klock Werks 8.5"
Boogey Lights - 126 LEDs
3M Armor
Kury LED Headlight
Brukus saddlebag & seat hardware
Gizmos: GoPro HD, SPOT

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.