Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: RC Componets  (Read 1631 times)

PipeSpinner

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OK

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
RC Componets
« on: September 27, 2016, 02:32:23 AM »

Does anybody have any experience with RC COMPONETS? I am looking at a device that is called RC X-celerator I am going to use it on my 110 ultra classic. It is completely self contained.
Link is http://www.rccomponents.com/rcxhaust/motorcycle-exhaust-rcx-celerator.htm. Can anyone tell me what they think about it and give me an honest opinion.

TIA
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Ultra Classic Electra Glide
Typhoon Maroon/Black Diamond/Burgundy Blaze

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
Re: RC Componets
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 03:46:59 AM »

I don't have any experience with it, and don't know anyone who does.  But after looking at the web page, here's what stood out to me:  There is no information about how it works, what the results are (like a dyno sheet comparing before and after!), or anything else--except a very high price for something that claims to work like magic but offers zero evidence.  I'll pass.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 05:43:27 AM »

I don't have any experience with it, and don't know anyone who does.  But after looking at the web page, here's what stood out to me:  There is no information about how it works, what the results are (like a dyno sheet comparing before and after!), or anything else--except a very high price for something that claims to work like magic but offers zero evidence.  I'll pass.

X-2..There  is NO substitute for a good professional tune. Waste of money
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 10:30:58 AM »

Thoughts from a conversation here  3 1/2 years ago
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=83516.0

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 01:49:56 PM »

X-2..There  is NO substitute for a good professional tune. Waste of money

X-3
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 03:18:29 PM »

Although I have no personal knowledge of the part in question, it does work similar to a FP3 Vance & Hines unit. That I do know, and I also understand alot of folks on here think a professional tune is the end all and I used to agree. Every bike I have owned since 2000 has been FI and all were tuned by a qualified person and all worked exceptionally well. Until I bought the current bike. Tired of spending alot of money for tune and got a coupon and found a sale @ Eastern and bought a FP3. I am very satisfied, bike only has a set of Fulsac inserts, otherwise stock. Bike runs cool, revs clean, performance is good and it only took maybe 15 minutes inc reading the instructions. I have a knowledge of tuning and dyno operation, and experience with prior bikes, inc a 110, that were turned as I stated. This bike is fine, I will never have another one tuned, using a dyno and operator as I no longer feel the need for max horsepower, I am satisfied with smooth torque, no decel pop and I just see no reason to have someone spend several hours beating the crap out a bike for a tune. If you make significant changes to your engine such as cam, porting etc that is different. But a basically stock bike, no need.
This technology is more wide spread than V&H and bikes, Edelbrock uses it on there supercharger kits, HP tuning and Hellion on there turbo kits, Bully Dog, Spectra Tuning etc on there Diesels and it works. So in my opinion, be a little open minded. The electronic packaged tuning and associated autotunning of a relatively stock HD is possible and maybe even more predominate in the future. Plus it saves you a crap load of cash. JUST my opinion.

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 22 queries.