Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 240781 times)

joeymaq

• Full CVO Member
  • Keep the wind in your hair, the bugs in your teeth
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2009, 04:25:45 PM »

Were all pullin for ya!   :angel:
2009 Ultra Classic 96c.i., Vance & Hines basic slip on's ,Dyno Jet Power commander 5, Screamin Eagle Stage 1 Air Cleaner.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2009, 11:36:56 PM »

For us this has been a miserable year, too many friends with health issues for my liking.
We're here for you both, it takes all of us pulling together to get through these events.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a successful recovery.

Yip, what Roger said above. Not a good year in my corner either, but I am not dealing with what your are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and your family as well.

Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

southtxcruiser

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 1990 Heritage Softail
    • CVO3: 2005 Saxon Sceptre
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2009, 11:40:50 PM »

keep fighting ... my prayers are with u.....

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2009, 03:11:23 PM »

Hey Chappy, it's Chris. Everything here is personal and first name bases. We are getting to know you and your family so please let us know how your doing. We are all thinking about you and the tough road ahead. Being in the Harley family we are tight and look out for our own. So please take care and when your up to it give us a update. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Chris  :)
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2009, 10:53:51 PM »

Evening!

I had the PET scan done Mon the 19th. Today I recieved the report and results. Quite a mixed bag, but, the good news was that my cancer has not spread beyond my chest cavity. The bad news is the largest of my tumors in my chest (the one that is attacking my heart, veins and vessels) has nearly doubled in size. Some more good news, the others have grown but not by as much.

I will still keep the Doc appointment at the Boston VA hospital on the 3rd of Nov. My last hope for surgery, but the top dog in my neck of the woods says, there's no way to cut the cancer away from my heart and he has never known the other Doc to do surgery after the first says he won't operate. But, I'm still going to play this hand to the last raise or fold. Within a few days of that hurdle, if sugery is out, I will be starting radiation treatment. The good news there is it looks like I have a very good chance for those treatments to be done locally as I had hoped for. Still hopeing that will be the case. Today, I have taken the first step of excepting the fact that I am in pain, I filled an order for some pain pills. At this time I plan to only take at bedtime in hopes that I might sleep a bit better and longer. I was a little reluctant but that's when the Doc said if I was his father, he'd put a couple pills in my coffee. That's when I saw how young the Doc was and realized how old I must look to him. I had a good laugh at that. LOL

My wife is having a bit of a hard time with this, as is my two adult kids (30 & 33 years old) as you can imagine. Today the Doc and nurse sat with us for 2 &1/2 hours answering as many questiuons as we could come up with. To much to cover right now, but, today I was told to get my stuff in order. Turns out, that a body can only get so much radiation in a life time. The plan is to shrink the large tumor. That result will only by me some more time. When I can't recieve anymore radiation, the tumor around my heart will start growing again and the other tumors will have been growing as well. They will just grow and spread to other parts of my body until systems strat to shut down. I haven't been given a date yet, but it seems this will be my undoing unless a miraculous event takes place.

Although today was a long day that had a tough pill to swallow. My wife and I drove a little over an hour to be at my oldest grandsons 13th birthday party. I'm glad we went, but I am beat and am now headed for the rack.

I'll write again soon when more of todays Doc visit sinks in.

Mean time, Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers on behalf of me, my wife Sue, daughter Sarah, son Shaun and my 4 grandsons.
The comfort you have brought to my family can not be messured.

Thanks again

Sam   
Ps 118:8

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2009, 08:53:51 AM »

May God grant you a miracle. My prayers and thoughts are with You. kb
kb

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2009, 11:18:13 AM »

I am probably like others - I can hardly find the words...  You are showing incredible strength facing this ultimate challenge.  May God be with you and your family.
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2009, 11:22:53 AM »

Thinking of you daily...you'll be on my mind on todays ride.  :)

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2009, 11:31:30 AM »

It sounds to me like your god is already with you in helping you to talk about this most personal moment in your life.  Our prayers are with you that he keeps your family in his grace for you.

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2009, 12:04:42 PM »

Chappy please know that you and your family are in my prayers. There's not a day that goes by that you are not in my thoughts. I strongly believe in a higher power, and that we are all put here for a special reason and purpose. I keep a saying up on my Facebook that from Jimmy V. "Never give up, Never every give up". His words are very powerful. Write them down and put them somewhere that you will see them many times a day.  :)  
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

BG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Slate w/ Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLSTN Softail Deluxe Vivid Black with a crap load of Chrome (wifes)
    • CVO3: I can only hope....
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2009, 12:41:33 PM »

Chappy, you are showing a great strenght in facing this.  My thoughts and prayers are with you daily.  Keep us informed and keep fighting my friend.
-Robby
No trees were harmed during the posting of this topic, but some electrons were greatly disturbed.

What's that you say?!?!  Let me put on my glasses....I can't hear so good without my glasses!!

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2009, 01:07:13 PM »

Keep being strong , both .
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2009, 09:53:38 AM »

Sam,

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family this a.m.

God Bless

Howie

04se103

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2009, 10:03:04 AM »

Sam Prayers and Thoughts for you and your family God Bless

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2009, 10:19:46 AM »

I like to laugh, and other then a well told story joke I enjoy the candid type of things best.
So far, I have had a part in just such a one.
A couple weeks ago one of the Doctors put in for me to have a "scan".
Well, as it turns, I've had more than a few scans now and maybe several more coming.
Anyway, I asked the Doc., "how did the scan go for me." She said while looking into the magic screen and pounding the ABC's on her keyboard. I can't find the results. After more than just a few minutes, she said, she'd have to re-order the MRI, since the 1st order failed due to her misspelling MRI.
Ithink what was even funnier, When I laughed out load while shakeing my head, I'm telling you, I was nearly slapping my knee. That's when I saw that she was not amused at all.  LOL

Sam chappy
Ps 118:8
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 99

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 24 queries.