Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: 3 Dead in Phoenix Motorcycle Crash :-(  (Read 12668 times)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
Re: 3 Dead in Phoenix Motorcycle Crash :-(
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2010, 07:24:23 PM »

Phoenix truck driver who crashed into stopped bikers charged with manslaughter, assault
By Associated Press 7:12 PM CDT, April 6, 2010

PHOENIX (AP) — The driver of a dump truck that slammed into a group of motorcycles stopped at a red light in north Phoenix has been arrested and booked into jail on four counts of manslaughter. Phoenix police say 46-year-old Michael Jakscht was taken into custody Tuesday. He also faces five counts of aggravated assault and seven counts of endangerment. Police say initial toxicology tests show Jakscht had methamphetamine in his system March 25 when his truck rear-ended eight motorcycles, killing three men and one woman. Five other riders were injured, at least one severely.

Some justice here..........but really feel for the families involved.
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2010, 10:31:21 PM »

They said he was high when arrested
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

AZ SESG

• '17 SESG Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black -- '02 SERK Candy/Brandywine *Gone but not forgotten*
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Formerly AZ SERK

• CVO1: '02 FLHRSEI / Sold
    • CVO2: '17 FLHXSE
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2010, 11:38:25 PM »

They said he was high when arrested

Yes.  My buddy, an officer with the Phoenix PD, said the truck driver was definitely impaired.   :sauer055:
Life is: Choices. Choose wisely.
"Ability + Commitment - Doubt = Reality"
IBA #42159

dustingaunder

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE in Spiced Rum
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2010, 07:48:38 PM »

Should be able to get 2nd degree if not 1st degree murder.  He made a choice of driving impaired and killed people.  The death penalty should be an option and a deferred sentence and probation should not.
2010 FLHXSE w/
Fullsac X-Pipe 'B'
2.0 Baffles
TTS Tune
Clearview 8" Smoke Recurve
Nice and Simple!

AZ SESG

• '17 SESG Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black -- '02 SERK Candy/Brandywine *Gone but not forgotten*
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Formerly AZ SERK

• CVO1: '02 FLHRSEI / Sold
    • CVO2: '17 FLHXSE
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2010, 08:02:54 PM »

Should be able to get 2nd degree if not 1st degree murder.  He made a choice of driving impaired and killed people.  The death penalty should be an option and a deferred sentence and probation should not.

^ What he said! ^
Life is: Choices. Choose wisely.
"Ability + Commitment - Doubt = Reality"
IBA #42159

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2010, 08:07:37 PM »

The prisons are full of bikers who will take care of him...no respect for tweakers.  Doc

dustingaunder

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE in Spiced Rum
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2010, 09:08:50 AM »

The prisons are full of bikers who will take care of him...no respect for tweakers.  Doc

I hope so, but if he gets manslaughter or maybe even pleads down to involuntary manslaughter there is a chance that he'll never see a prison cell with the defferred sentencing.  He'll agree to go to rehab and have 10 years of probation or some BS like that.  I hope he goes to the pen and I hope the boys beat the ever loving snot out of him.

I don't mean to sound so harsh about it, but I have no tolerance for driving while impaired.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 09:10:29 AM by dustingaunder »
2010 FLHXSE w/
Fullsac X-Pipe 'B'
2.0 Baffles
TTS Tune
Clearview 8" Smoke Recurve
Nice and Simple!

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2010, 08:02:15 PM »

I hope so, but if he gets manslaughter or maybe even pleads down to involuntary manslaughter there is a chance that he'll never see a prison cell with the defferred sentencing.  He'll agree to go to rehab and have 10 years of probation or some BS like that.  I hope he goes to the pen and I hope the boys beat the ever loving snot out of him.

I don't mean to sound so harsh about it, but I have no tolerance for driving while impaired.

Unfortunately youre probably right... but this case has made headlines and continues to do so... putting the pressure on police and prosecutors to be extremely diligent in thier work...

I'm more inclined to believe a Commercial Driver would know the dangers and should be held to a higher standard and should be charged with 1st degree MURDER rather than manslaughter

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2011, 04:25:58 AM »

and that's what happened in court: mistrial
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2011, 05:49:56 AM »

Just horrible.  :( Way too many of these 'accidents' happening to our brothers/sisters on scooters.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2011, 09:16:53 AM »

and that's what happened in court: mistrial

How the hell?

Jakscht was charged with four counts of manslaughter, five counts of aggravated assault and two counts of endangerment. But the jury could not reach a unanimous decision, and on Thursday, after four days of deliberations in Maricopa County Superior Court, it hung 9-3 in favor of acquittal. Judge Joseph Welty was forced to declare a mistrial.

so... he plows into the riders, claims he looked away for a "moment" (to take a hit from his crack-pipe) and the jurors wanted to acquit him?

Sorry.. thats bullchit

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 24 queries.