CVO Technical > Cleaning/Detailing

2019 CVO Streetglide primary sticker removal. Agh!!!

<< < (2/6) > >>

GQ_Knuckle_Draggerz:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grc:

Why didn't your dealership remove it for you?  I'm guessing most bikes are not delivered to customers with those decals still in place. :nixweiss:  Call them and see what they have to say.

Jerry

ultrarider123:

--- Quote from: grc on November 13, 2019, 08:09:31 AM ---Why didn't your dealership remove it for you?  I'm guessing most bikes are not delivered to customers with those decals still in place. :nixweiss:  Call them and see what they have to say.

Jerry

--- End quote ---

Jerry, they probably can't...might void the warranty... ;D

As for decals, I've had to remove all of mine as most are DOT/EPA warnings required to be in place upon sale.

Astroglide, those labels are a bear...and really complicates things since it's on a blacked-out/painted part instead of a chrome part.  Get some mineral spirits, soak what's left and see if that helps.  If you already used WD40, I'm not sure the mineral spirits will work either but it's worth a try.

68 XLCH:
There is another called super goof off, comes in a small can like 3 and 1 oil, about 4 dollars at lowes.

I actually got super glue off of my glasses with it.

ASTROGLIDE:
The dealer is replacing the entire primary cover. This is why I was asking 'only' for people that had experience with this exact decal and issues with removing it. I was aware of most of the answers from experience and a rudimentary Google search. This sticker is a bitch. Maybe I should have phrased it as imagine pouring melted vinyl on your painted primary. How would you remove it? Lol. Anyways I do appreciate your interest in helping and all your input. Problem solved.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version