CVO Technical > Cleaning/Detailing

Guage Glass Cleaning

(1/3) > >>

17 StreetGlide CVO:
Happy Thanksgiving to all. How difficult is it to clean the inside glass on the gauges? Have some light streaking from moisture driving me nuts.

iski:
Do not know of any way to do this.  This is a known problem on Harley gauges.  Harley has no fix for it.  My gauges were replaced under warranty & the new gauges did the same thing.  Harley seems to be oblivious to certain problems - gauge streaking is one of them.

FLSTFI Dave:
I have had gages replaced on many CVO's due to streaking under warranty.  This problem has been on going since at least 2012, had one replaced in my skunk, my 13 King did not streak until it was out of warranty.  My 15 had the gages replaced twice, my 17 twice, my 18 once and my 19 now needs it.

Eqcons:
No fix.  Had mine replaced several times under warranty, replacements do the same.   It's actually not water/condensation, but an oily coating they put on the inside of the glass to stop the condensation that was a problem on pre-Rushmore models.

kevin_n:
Had the same problem with my 16. Was going to replace with stock gauges but didn't want the same problem again so replaced them with Dakota digital and love them. Good luck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version