Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Exhaust for 2010 SE Ultra  (Read 1643 times)

redrodo

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Limited
Exhaust for 2010 SE Ultra
« on: August 04, 2009, 01:46:31 AM »

I purchased a 2010 SE Ultra today and would like some advice about exhaust options. I'm wanting good sound with added preformance while keeping 4" duels. Do I need to go with true duels or are the stock pipes ok. Is a SE race tuner needed and or worth the money. Any and all advice is appreciated.

Martin

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Exhaust for 2010 SE Ultra
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 01:24:13 PM »

fulsac

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 03:42:11 PM »

If you're willing to go to 3-1/2" muffler bodies, the Kerker slip-ons with the Mikuni baffles are excellent. I would have a race tuner and dyno tune if it were my bike.

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 03:50:52 PM »

I purchased a 2010 SE Ultra today and would like some advice about exhaust options. I'm wanting good sound with added preformance while keeping 4" duels. Do I need to go with true duels or are the stock pipes ok. Is a SE race tuner needed and or worth the money. Any and all advice is appreciated.

Martin

Martin
I would go with the TTS Master tuner....it is 200% better than the SE race tuner plus it has the software for you to tune the bike your self.
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 03:54:45 PM »

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

I have the PC V with autotune from Fuel Moto, Slip On Rhineharts and Stage 1 AC.  Sounds great and the bike runs great.  Over 8000 miles in four months with no issues.  I would also recommend the 2" Fullsac's.  They are very nice and more tame than the Rhinehart's..

:coolblue: :coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

DanM

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 04:09:38 PM »

Stock pipes are definitely ok. When I purchased my 09, I put a 2 into 1 D&D BOSS with ghost pipe on it. That only lasted about 100 miles for the D&D was too loud for my taste. I have since upgraded stock the exhaust will 1.75 fullsac baffles, changed out the header pipe with a not catalytic converter, TTS master tune, and ness big sucker. Sounds and runs great.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 05:35:09 AM »

Martin

The stock header pipes have catalytic converters inside.  You will find a few alternatives on this site to eliminate them.  You can remove them yourself with some labor involved, send the pipes to Steve at Fulsac to remove them, change to pipes from a 96" non-California engine, or buy aftermarket replacements.  If you want to stick with the 4" mufflers, gutting the stock mufflers and adding Fulsac baffles will be the most popular suggestion you'll find on this site.  They are inexpensive and the labor isn't too cumbersome.  There are several different EFI tuners available and you will be able to find information on each of them in differing threads.  If you want added performance, you will likely want to not only eliminate the catalytic converters, make a change to the mufflers, buy an EFI tuner, but also have the final product dynotuned.  There are a vast number of threads regarding all of the above, and aiming you at just a few of those threads would be doing you an injustice.  This is a topic of major interest to virtually everyone, so there is lots of information and you will probably want to do a good bit of reading on here to make your own decisions regarding exhaust and tuning options.  Congrats on the new purchase.

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 22 queries.