Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: A quick overnight ride....1169 miles.  (Read 8418 times)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Re: A quick overnight ride....1169 miles.
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2015, 11:43:17 PM »

JC, thats really awesome news you are able to do those kind of miles without the pain! Couldn't imagine not being able to ride, probably spend more for "couch time" than i do on my Harley!
Looking like I will see you next weekend and look forward to it.
Alan

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2015, 12:56:16 AM »

JC, are you warming up for an iron butt??    :nixweiss:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2015, 09:18:17 AM »

JC, are you warming up for an iron butt??    :nixweiss:

Are you suggesting that this (or 2500 miles in 2 1/2 days) isn't an iron butt ride?  :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2015, 10:10:58 AM »

Yep, originally my trip was planned for Fri, Sat & Sun.  But when I saw the forecast of 2 1/2" of rain for San Francisco....I had to move it up to mid week.

We have another ride planned for next weekend, down here in So Cal and a ride to Ensenada, Mexico the weekend after that.  I'll try to remember to take my camera on these rides.

No pics, no post!!!!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2015, 10:48:09 AM »

No pics, no post!!!!
he does not slow down long enough for pics :verkleidung009: :verkleidung009:!!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2015, 12:41:25 PM »

You guys are to funny.  Greg asks if I'm working up to an iron butt ride.  He knows I've been doing iron butt rides since long before I ever heard of that organization and I believe he has to.  Don't need no stinkin gas receipts to know how far I've ridden in a day, a weekend, a month or a year.   :P

2k tyin to pressure me into getting back in to my photo ride reports.  I really do enjoy looking back on those pics years later...reliving the memories and enticing others who've never been to get out there and rider longer distances and see things they've never saw and have always wanted to.  OK, 2k, my next photo ride report is dedicated to you buddy!   :2vrolijk_21:

Smkymtnboy (really like that username) hasn't saw enough of my ride reports to know that 90% of my pics are taken on the fly.  It's a physical endurance to ride for 12-15 hours a day with a Nikon hanging around your neck.....especially when it's a week or ten days in a row!  :o

For Smkymtnboy and other, newer members on this forum that may be interested, I present a compilation that Ernie did a couple of years ago when I thought I was done riding due to back issues....  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=77699.0

For me and some of my close friends here (they're in many of these ride reports) it's all about the journey and not so much the destination.  You want to see this country get off the interstates and get on those back roads....those two lane highways.....see the country.

Going to a GTG travel out of your way just a bit to see other sites and then take a different route home.....experience it first hand. 

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2015, 12:59:01 PM »

JCZ  I think we all admire your abilities and wish we could be like you. ride on brother and do not pay any attention to us. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:you may be the :crowngrin:king of ride!!

Lars

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, "IT'S THE RIDE"

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC8
    • CVO2: 1983 Shovelhead "Ole Black Betty"
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2015, 01:06:58 PM »

Several years ago a couple of buddies and I rode up through Banff and Jasper Parks and on up to Dawson Creek then west to Prince George and back down to Washington State. Those long road trips are especially enjoyable and the photos that one takes along the way preserves those special locations and memorable moments along the way.

Ride On!!
With old age has come the wisdom to embrace my immaturity.

Lars

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2015, 08:42:18 PM »

Excellent! 

:2vrolijk_21:

Kilaani

• Scarlett - The Bike On Fire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • CVOH! My Scarlett built 3-13-12, & arrived 6-1-12
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2015, 09:03:09 PM »

Way to go!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.279 seconds with 25 queries.