Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: True-Track  (Read 3556 times)

FrankD

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
True-Track
« on: July 02, 2006, 06:00:27 PM »

Group,

Does anyone have any input regarding True-Track Stabilization Linking System?

Thanks
 Frank
Of every one-hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine are real fighters...We are lucky to have them, they make the battle. Ah, but one, one of them is a Warrior... He will bring the others home.

Hericletus 500BC

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: True-Track
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 09:44:15 PM »

Welcome to the site!

Have you done a search?  OK, that's what I thought. ::)

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1125710745/0
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1086875996/0
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1139522692/0
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1092335448/0

May also want to do a search on "Ride-Str8."  There's lots of reading on the site on these two products.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 09:47:15 PM by 103tHunDer »

FrankD

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 08:32:21 AM »

Thank You for the welcome and the information on True-Track. I did a search first under SE Road glide and found nothing. I should have hit all subject topics.

Frank
Of every one-hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine are real fighters...We are lucky to have them, they make the battle. Ah, but one, one of them is a Warrior... He will bring the others home.

Hericletus 500BC

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 09:50:01 AM »

Frank, it is unusual to see a Road Glide owner asking for info. on the True-Track.  That's why none of the info. is in this specific section of the board.  Usually, it's the Electra Glide and to some extent the Road King guys who have problems with the high-speed wobble.

What kind of stability issues is your bike having to cause you to seek out the info.?

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 01:56:33 PM »

When you consider that the average person on this site has at least $5k worth of extras on his ride, and that most of those extras are of the chrome variety, the under $400 cost of this item is an incredible bargain. Once you've ridden a full size Harley rubber mount with one of these units on it, you are never again comfortable with the feel of one without it. Road Glide, ELectra Glide and Road King are all the same vehicle if you strip off the sheet metal and fiberglass. The chassis are identical in every way except perhaps for the gear ratios of the transmission on some models. I think the reason behind what 103 has pointed out is the way the different fairing and windshield configurations react. There are big differences in the handling of these three models. Still at the end of the day, the rear wheels react the same. At speed, they tend to oscilate around corners  vice carving them. The True Track will make all of them carve a corner much like a sport bike-- - - - - - as much as an 800 lb motorcycle can.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 02:24:34 PM »

. . . I think the reason behind what 103 has pointed out is the way the different fairing and windshield configurations react. There are big differences in the handling of these three models. . . .

Yes, that is where I was coming from.  But, while I agree with your point that $400 spent on one of these instead of chrome is a great deal if you get the intended results with it, it's also worth noting that the comments after installing one of these devices has run the gamut from "no change" to "cannot and will not do without one on any bike I ever own again." [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 03:45:53 PM »

When you consider that the average person on this site has at least $5k worth of extras on his ride,

Then the wack...... um.... gentlepersons here are sooooooooo not average.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 04:26:04 PM by twolanerider »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 03:52:27 PM »

Yes, that is where I was coming from.  But, while I agree with your point that $400 spent on one of these instead of chrome is a great deal if you get the intended results with it, it's also worth noting that the comments after installing one of these devices has run the gamut from "no change" to "cannot and will not do without one on any bike I ever own again." [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

I think the no change comments come from non agressive riders. Cannot imagine anyone installing one of these units and not seeing a change- - - - -even if their comments were negative.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 04:41:03 PM »

Well, I haven't ridden with you yet, so I'm not sure of your definition of "aggressive," but I've got the lower edge of my floorboards and the floorboard brackets worn down pretty good and I'm one of the guys who didn't notice much difference with the Ride-Str8.

However, where my wobble/weave shows up is in the high speed sweepers.  Better be ready for it anytime I'm over (the not so high speed of) 80.  Hmm . . . maybe I'm just not being aggressive enough. ::)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 05:02:51 PM »

My mom can beat up your mom.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 06:19:49 PM »

My mom can beat up your mom.

Probably. ;D

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2006, 07:14:49 PM »

My Mom is old, and non agressive anyway. Sure wouldn't want to involve her in such nonsense.

For the record, tell your Mom I wasn't pickin on her boy. I do notice you say you have a ride straight or Str8  or however they spell it. Since we're not talking the same product, your frame of reference is different than mine and you could well be right as could I. I have had people without True Track ride my bike and push it hard through the corners and they all said  " WOW " what a difference.

Now do I really have to write on the chalkboard 5000 times " I will not disagree with the moderator(s) "  ?

« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 07:18:07 PM by SPIDERMAN »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2006, 10:48:37 PM »

Now do I really have to write on the chalkboard 5000 times " I will not disagree with the moderator(s) "  ?

;D  I love this place!  [smiley=drink.gif]

FrankD

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 05:46:24 PM »

The literature addressed all Touring bikes. So I figured this was an issue with the RG as well.  I'm waiting for my chrome PM brake assembly to come in so I figured this was a perfect opportunity to install the True-Track.

Thanks
Frank

Hericletus 500BC

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2006, 06:21:56 PM »

Too bad you couldn't find someone with one of these units installed on it so you could ride it and judge for yourself. Without getting myself sent to the corner for a timeout again, I would venture to say that on a calm day with no wind, even riding an EG or an RK with a True Track on it would give you a feel for what they do. One thing you want to watch for when installing it if you do buy one is to not tighten the bolts that hold the piece that covers the oil bag too tight. Check your shop manual for torque specs for those bolts. If you overtighten you will have yourself and nice little ghost oil leak. Other than that (sorry 103) I love the TT

Big B

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2006, 10:44:56 AM »

My opinion (for whats its worth) on the TT or ride str8 is this...both product work, minimally. I have worked on and rode many bikes with both products. They will help with the rear steer, especially in high speed sweepers. They do do do much for the straight high speed wobble that these bikes get. I have the ride str8 on mine and the main reason for choosing it is that you can still get a lift under the frame rail.

FrankD

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2006, 06:16:44 PM »

Thanks for your input. Getting a lift under the bike is very inportant to me.

Thanks
Frank

Hericletus 500BC
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 20 queries.