Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: mp3 players  (Read 2302 times)

Ripp

• Junior CVO Member
mp3 players
« on: July 28, 2006, 06:38:18 PM »

I am wanting to replace my cd changer on my 01 SERG with an mp3 player. I found one on ebay that states it is not compatible with the audio input on the SERG with tour pak mounted cd changer. This is a HD Road Tech mp3 player. Why is it not compatible and will other mp3 players work on my bike.

Ripp

• Junior CVO Member
Re: mp3 players
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 08:58:55 PM »

O.K. I think I figured this one out on my own. It's my lack of understanding of the English langage. Compatible would be with the cd player, but if I remove the cd player, as I planned to do, I believe the mp3 would then have a spot on the display where the cd player was. If this is the case I would appreciate it if someone could confirm my thinking before I make a bid.

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 09:40:13 AM »

Ripp,
You're correct.  The radio only has capabilities of 1 plug in accessory at a time.  So, if you remove the CD changer, you can use the MP3 player.  Why do you want to remove the changer?
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

Ripp

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 10:51:20 AM »

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 06:48:26 PM »

Ripp,
I hear ya.  The mp3 is probably the way to go.  The changer can't handle the vibrations of the chopped pack.  What appears to happen (at least in her serg changer) is the cartridge vibrates enough to start to come out of the changer, so it jams as it tries to change cd's.  i don't know whether a new cartidge will fix it or whether the changer needs to come apart and the "lock" mechanism get "adjusted" [smiley=smash.gif]!  We have the player, I just haven't taken the time to try installing it.  FYI, if you find a good deal on a black mp3, get it.  The chrome housing is available separately for about $20 for both pieces.  Part #'s are listed in the instructions.  Somebody was making the comment the mp3 player couldn't handle the larger sized cards, but I don't have any experience with that. You can get another chopped pack liner that doesn't have the holes for the changer and gain alot of room in the pack.  Of course it's only rated for 10# :o ::)
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

Ripp

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 07:31:17 PM »

Dude, I don't think I'm going to buy the HD model mp3. I think I will pick one up at best buy. That way I can get one that will hold more music for less money and I will either make a holder for it for the handle bars or just keep it in my pocket and when I stop the bike it will go with me.

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 08:40:35 AM »

You can also poke it in the one of the fairing pockets and plug it into the radio.  Still able to take it with you, but you won't yank the wire loose if you get off without unplugging it!

Ripp

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 05:49:05 PM »

Dude, you're probably right I could see that happening. :-/

Ripp

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 05:55:42 PM »

Here is an update on what I have found out (the hard way). I bought an mp3 player on ebay. It is the HD Road Tech brand with a removable memory card so you can upgrade to more songs. I installed it with their instructions and although it had power and could recognize that there were 12 songs downloaded it would not play any. I called the company that makes the mp3 and they told me it will not work with a HD radio that has a cd player, even if you remove the cd player. :-/

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 06:26:42 PM »

I know of members here that have H-D MP3 players on there SEEG and don't have that problem. Check w/103tHunDer as I believe he has the MoCo MP3 player on his scooter.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

bad00serg

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 Springer
    • CVO2: 2009 Springer
    • CVO3: 2020 Ultra Limited
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2006, 09:12:43 PM »

As an aside if you now want to sell the road tech, let me know - I may be interested.

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 22 queries.