Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 110" engine mods?  (Read 6125 times)

cruzmisl

110" engine mods?
« on: August 11, 2012, 11:01:24 PM »

HI All,

Looking to buy a 2011 CVO Street Glide but have some questions on performance modifications. I'm coming from a 107" Road King that had stage 2 heads and making 115HP.  I've taken a CVO Ultra for a ride and while it had decent power it didn't have the pull of my RK (obviously).

I'm hoping to buy the bike then drop some cams in and get the heads done.  As a rough guesstimate what kind of power could I expect? Are the cranks in the 110's any better than the standard motors? If the crank should be welded I'll do it. Any other tips or advice?

Thanks,
J.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: 110" engine mods?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 09:42:25 AM »

HI All,

Looking to buy a 2011 CVO Street Glide but have some questions on performance modifications. I'm coming from a 107" Road King that had stage 2 heads and making 115HP.  I've taken a CVO Ultra for a ride and while it had decent power it didn't have the pull of my RK (obviously).

I'm hoping to buy the bike then drop some cams in and get the heads done.  As a rough guesstimate what kind of power could I expect? Are the cranks in the 110's any better than the standard motors? If the crank should be welded I'll do it. Any other tips or advice?

Thanks,
J.

The crank in a CVO110 is the exact same part as the TC96 or the TC103; nothing special about it.   

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

cruzmisl

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 09:47:02 AM »

OK that's good to know so then it should be welded.
Thanks,
J.

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 07:19:08 PM »

The "fix the crank issue" is a long one.. We have seen box stockers with cranks that had huge issue, and other stock cranks like my own 107 kit making 123/124 and it has not moved further from when I got the bike. It gets ridden hard with 34,000 miles on it now and it has not damaged the pump or plate.

I may pull it down this winter when I swap the engine out and have true, balance and weld, plug as I am going to sell the 107 engine off.. ( got a 120R and a new S&S 124 to play with do not need 3 engines)  But if the engine is tuned and running smooth, no vibration, and you are not going into the lower end ( your plan on upgrades )  leave it alone..

Some want peace of mind that it has been checked though.. Cost is not huge really if you do the labor..

« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 04:19:40 PM by GMR-PERFORMANCE »
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 06:51:09 AM »

HI All,

Thanks,
J.

With a Wood 777, for instance, and the heads attended to, 112-115 hp, and 122-125 ft/lbs over a VERY broad band. :2vrolijk_21:
Scott

Angry Pirate

• Junior CVO Member
  • Bikes are meant to be ridden!

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 02:16:49 PM »

HI All,

Thanks,
J.

J.
First off I apologize, I hate when people get on here and ask "why would you want to do that?" 

But having traded in my paid off 2007 Night Train for an extremely expensive CVO Springer I think I am qualified to give a little advice.  I do not know what year your RK is but, If it were me; I would look into how much you are spending on the CVO plus the cost of making the CVO run the way you want then compare that to upgrading you RK.  If your motor is already a built 107 then you are done in that department because the 110 needs allot of attention to be impressive (mine isn't).  You could get all new tins, fairings, bags and accessories from aftermarket like Klock Works, Dragonfly, or Paul Yaffe and get it all painted custom.  I bet you would come out ahead and your answer to "Nice bike man" is "thanks, I built it."

I want a Road Glide.  When I am ready I am buying a used 2010 or newer (better frame, kinda) and making it the way I want it.

My two cents,
AP
2009 FXSTSSE3
Python Staggered Dual (V&H Baffles)
Power Commander V W/Auto Tune
14" Fat Apes
Danny Gray Saddle

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 03:17:35 PM »

With a Wood 777, for instance, and the heads attended to, 112-115 hp, and 122-125 ft/lbs over a VERY broad band. :2vrolijk_21:
Scott

Now the new cam from Mike Roland is just that new, but if it pans out why spend the extra on headword (Attending to).  It becomes a no "have" to reason to take the top end down and still get those numbers without the increase in compression either as well as not having to deal with the noisey cam.  :nixweiss:  
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 05:00:15 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

prodrag1320

• AMRA & AHDRA P/D record holder
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 06:31:15 PM »

headwork,compression & a set of S&S .625`s & 120/125 isnt hard to achive,just finished one :bananarock:
(ive plug &weld the crank)

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 25 queries.