Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: RF Speakers in lowers  (Read 602 times)

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

RF Speakers in lowers
« on: March 01, 2023, 10:41:20 PM »

Anyone running this set up in their lowers on a ‘22 CVO RG LTD
https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/shop/harley-davidson-audio-powered-by-rockford-fosgate-stage-ii-twin-cooled-fairing-lower-speakers/p/76000989
Looking for feedback on how many stars would you rate the upgrade
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 11:06:48 AM by Mr D »
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

Re: RF Speakers in lowers
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2023, 02:39:57 PM »

Well I did this Harley kit on my Boom system because I didn't want to cut up the bike and keep the wiring stock HD.  I was surprised how much more sound came from the addition of these speakers.  My only complaint was the cost by the time you get everything needed (Speakers, mount kit, wiring, amp and amp install kit - plus programming).  The install is not for everyone and not sure on everything needed or what has changed for the Fosgate system.  So with the fact that the Fosgate systems I have heard on the newer bikes with their better base / mids you should be happy if you go this route.  Lack of base / mids is my main complaint on the Boom systems.  Also you can always go full aftermarket but some systems IMO are not worth the cost to improvement factor unless you turn your bike into a rolling stereo, choice is yours of course
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

Re: RF Speakers in lowers
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2023, 10:46:32 PM »

Well I did this Harley kit on my Boom system because I didn't want to cut up the bike and keep the wiring stock HD.  I was surprised how much more sound came from the addition of these speakers.  My only complaint was the cost by the time you get everything needed (Speakers, mount kit, wiring, amp and amp install kit - plus programming).  The install is not for everyone and not sure on everything needed or what has changed for the Fosgate system.  So with the fact that the Fosgate systems I have heard on the newer bikes with their better base / mids you should be happy if you go this route.  Lack of base / mids is my main complaint on the Boom systems.  Also you can always go full aftermarket but some systems IMO are not worth the cost to improvement factor unless you turn your bike into a rolling stereo, choice is yours of course

Good feedback, thanks  :2vrolijk_21:
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 24 queries.