Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Increase 96" to what size?  (Read 3596 times)

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
Re: Increase 96" to what size?
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2010, 10:10:32 AM »

103 with SE cast pistons is a hands down budget champion and can be made to work real well. Next step is just as reliable but a few more $$ the 107"

What cam with this build Don?   Doc

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2010, 01:21:00 PM »

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2010, 02:15:45 PM »

My 07 Road Glide was bumped up to 103 using all Screamin Eagle parts (jugs, pistons,heads, cam, gaskets, etc) I also added a SERT. Both TQ and HP numbers are above 100 and the bike has 12,000 maintenance free miles on it since the build. I spent aprx $5k on it including labor and a set of the old 98B SE Mufflers. Lots of combinations that you could do and lots of dyno sheets people can toss out there and I'm not saying anything negative about any of them. My point is that I am very happy with what I got for what I spent which I personally believe was a lower number than just about anything else I could have come up with. While I am a huge fan of DME (Dave Mackie) the cost factor in doing the same work to my bike with his recommendations would have been enough more that I made the decision to go with all Screamin Eagle parts. I have not regretted it.

B B

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2010, 06:00:19 PM »

My 07 Road Glide was bumped up to 103 using all Screamin Eagle parts (jugs, pistons,heads, cam, gaskets, etc) I also added a SERT. Both TQ and HP numbers are above 100 and the bike has 12,000 maintenance free miles on it since the build. I spent aprx $5k on it including labor and a set of the old 98B SE Mufflers. Lots of combinations that you could do and lots of dyno sheets people can toss out there and I'm not saying anything negative about any of them. My point is that I am very happy with what I got for what I spent which I personally believe was a lower number than just about anything else I could have come up with. While I am a huge fan of DME (Dave Mackie) the cost factor in doing the same work to my bike with his recommendations would have been enough more that I made the decision to go with all Screamin Eagle parts. I have not regretted it.

B B
I have a great local indy tech, so he will do the work. Which parts I use will be a whole other thinking process. Cost will be part of the process.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 25 queries.