Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: North Cascades Highway  (Read 3877 times)

BT

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

Re: North Cascades Highway
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2006, 02:26:27 PM »

Mrs. We I have to say that Nanaimo and Vancouver Island is some of the most beautiful area that I've been to.  Of course, [highlight]Victoria would be the premier spot for me[/highlight].  And Vancouver is right behind that......another beautiful city.

Some great photos above, too!

JCZ,  SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!  Don't want the secret to get out.  Mild climate  8-), ride year round (and golf) [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif], Starbucks on every corner ;D, uncrowded twisty roads [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif], no snow [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],..............   Don't know why anyone would like it here.
West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (05)  Cripple Creek, CO (06) Nelson, BC (07) Sedona, AR (08) Hood River, OR (09) Pala, CA (10) Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Spokane, WA (12) Santa Fe, NM (13) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray, CO (15) Fortuna, CA (16) Victoria BC (23)

MITM
Eureka Springs (17)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2006, 03:24:47 PM »

You're right, Washington State has more than one must ride road.  Don't get a chance every year to ride them all  :'( but we do make a point of going on this one each year. 8-)

Might take you up on that offer of coffee but it won't be until Sepember on the way to the Oyster Run in Anacortes.

BT, Look forward to it.  Hopefully the weather will be as good as last year.

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2006, 04:00:00 PM »

Ok, give me GPS coordinates or a link to the HD trip planner to the route to get there from Rome, GA!!  Heck, I might even fly-and-ride!  Sounds spectacular!  My dream would be the Emerald Isles, Australia, and New Zealand!!  I think I'll plan one trip next year and the others every other year thereafter.  Of course, the list will grow!!  That are the top THREE!!!

However, this can be done over my Christmas break when I'm off for TWO WEEKS!!!!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 04:00:26 PM by TheVgirl »
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2006, 04:34:34 PM »

I think the sign near Mazama was up to 199 deer hit  :o in that part of the valley this year.  Something like 368 is the average so with only five months into 2006 they are above average. Didn't get the exact numbers as I was too busy looking for deer  [smiley=nervous.gif]to take a detailed read of the sign.
the locals must not eat venison in that area.   that's way too many deer wandering around.....no natural predators?   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2006, 05:47:35 PM »

Nice pics.  Thanks for sharing.  

Washington is one of the greatest states to see & ride.   Wife & I were in the Spokane area (stayed in Coeur d'Alene) last September and put on some miles around there.  We wanted to get up further into the state, but not enough time.  Seems like we make it to Wash. only every 5-6 years...so it'll be a while before the next trip.  
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2006, 08:05:00 PM »

Nice pics., beautiful scenery. I just don't know if I can deal w/the snow in May. Just looking at that stuff makes me cold.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2006, 09:51:59 PM »

The Cascades hwy to Winthrop is one of the best rides I've ever been on.  You get to pass thru Concrete, see a dam, glaciers, sheer drops if you make a mis-turn and the wood sidewalks in Winthrop are a step back into the past.  Definitely one of the top 5 in the world...

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 Fat Boy Blue/Brushed Steel
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Black/Ghost Flames
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2006, 10:39:46 PM »

If youv'e seen the movie The Deer Hunter some of those shots where filmed up on the pass when they where actually deer hunting.  War Games was filmed in the small town of Concrete along with This Boys Life.

Of the mountain passes in the area this one is the most scenic, in september with the color beginning to change you almost need sunglasses to tone down the "Reds".

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2006, 04:44:06 PM »

WOW those are some impressive pictures :o
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2006, 08:32:21 AM »

Just got back from a trip over the North Cascades Highway (#20) in Washington State.  Truely a great road on a motorcycle.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] A little cold up top but all the snow makes for a very scenic ride, and photo's.

Pic #1

Nice Pictures....remind me the Beartooth Hwy... [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 25 queries.