Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Float Bowl  (Read 579 times)

REGGAB

Float Bowl
« on: December 03, 2008, 05:47:58 AM »

Quick look during pre-purchase inspection of the purple bike revealed the idle mixture plug had been drilled.  Noted the "single use" float bowl screws were still installed, so I thought either the carb hadn't been rejetted or some dillweed had reused them.  No problem.........I'll take care of that.  Done it many times before.
Upon closer inspection........the screw heads are hosed.  Was going to pull the float bowl last night and see what type of main jet is in there, replace if necessary, along with the pilot jet, and replace the stock float bowl screws with SS Hex screws.  Was bored............but not so bored as to spend the night in the garage unscrewing someone else's screw up.  Will definitely wait for lessor stressed times to tackle this inevitably expletive producing task.

I can't understand why when some individuals do something, they don't have the right parts (hehehehe.....or skills) on hand to do to the job right.  Even I'm smart enough to know that is when it's time to take the machine to a pro.

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 23 queries.