Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Reverse Pulley  (Read 7336 times)

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
Re: Reverse Pulley
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2017, 04:58:06 PM »

yep, I caught your thinking  :orange:
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2018, 07:42:47 PM »

Well, I know this is an old thread but thought I’d do an update on it. It’s taken a while to use up my rear tire and have been thinking about doing the reverse pulley at the same time, so I pulled the trigger a couple weeks ago, having it installed by my local indie before I rode up to eureka springs on vacation. Everyone that’s been there knows there are potential traps everywhere for a
old, short legged or otherwise challenged rider and I used the reverse at least once a day every day and it worked flawlessly. No more slipping and sliding or trying to push down the front shocks while holding the brakes to get momentum to move backwards or yelling for help. The install wasn’t quite as quick and easy as the YouTube shows but the adjustments were common sense and only took a few extra minutes to adjust. Overall I’d tell everyone to get one, you won’t be sorry.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2018, 07:00:43 PM »

I have talked with the folks at Yelvington several times, they are about a half hour from my house. One of the guys who works there/installs at events was formally the parts manager for the Harley dealer who closed in Clearwater Florida. He is a good, honest guy and the owner seems same way. Not a endorsement for the product but I know they are selling a lot of them. They also have other stuff, front and rear Street Glide tie-down brackets and soon new Road Glide front tie-down brackets. I suggest anyone interested give them a call they will spend time with you either on the phone or in person.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2018, 11:01:51 AM »

I too have thought about the Yelvington USA Mechanical Reverse Pulley (M.R.P.), but I've converted my front drive pulley to a 30t from the stock 32t.  In doing that I modified my swingarm with .25" thick gussets around the rear and bottom of the swingarm axle slot.

In watching the install video on YouTube, the left side mounting block will most definitely interfere with the welded on gussets.  So I guess I'm out of the running for a new MRP.

Also I would want to make very sure that my Super Shox 14" lower mounts do not interfere with the left side MRP axle mount.  It just looks very close, but I have not paid a lot of attention to the Super Shox mounting.

Still think it's a good idea.

Do they have a warning beeper when the ACC switch is engaged for reverse?  If one backs into a parking spot and then partakes of some bubbly, when getting ready to leave you may be in for a shock if you take off in reverse... :)
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2018, 12:23:25 PM »

Yes, there are two buzzers that are mountable under the seat. They are very loud and you can hear them over the engine. I suppose there are two in case one goes out the other still works until the dead one can be replaced. I found them extremely annoying and cut them out of the line and spliced the wires together with no issues. You still have the light on the button lit when it’s in reverse and if you can’t remember you just backed up two seconds ago you shouldn’t be riding anyway.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2018, 03:16:21 AM »

I watched the video on them clever idea pricey bit of kit. What gets me is what if something few up into  the teeth or just wear and tear that's a chunk of change to replace. I was going to go with a tranny reverse kit when I had a not so good of a knee but after some work on it it's doing good now,
 I'd still would go for the tranny reverse kit it's  not as pricey and not exposed to damage like the (M.R.P) also the limited space in the saddlebags is not taken up by a pump. Nope it don't work for me

ScottAL

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE (traded)
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2018, 09:08:19 AM »

The Yelvington reverse is a closed unit, not really any way to ingest foreign objects in the gears. Labor charges are much higher on the Baker unit so that makes it more expensive unless you do your own work. The pump does take up a little space in the saddle bag, but much less than I thought going in. It is easy to move from bike to bike when trading. The only down-side I have found so far is rear tire changes are a little more labor intensive.

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2018, 10:14:58 AM »

The choice between the two options depends a lot on whether or not you tend to trade in your bikes often. If you plan to keep it forever then the $1400 plus 10-12 hours labor might be the better choice. Otherwise, the mrp purchased once and 3 hours labor for each new bike purchase beats the crap out of the Baker unit.

For me personally, I keep them a few years then, I instantly fall in love with a new one the day after the dealer meeting,while my wife is trying to tackle me before I can run to buy a new one.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 24 queries.