Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' EagleĀ® Road KingĀ®

New 02 Brandywine SERK -- Long Term Project

<< < (213/218) > >>

mjb765:
and you changed the license plate also.....did you forget to add that to the story?

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: mjb765 on August 02, 2019, 10:15:10 PM ---and you changed the license plate also.....did you forget to add that to the story?

--- End quote ---

Travis owned the SERK license plate for a long time.  I grabbed it after knowing it was available again.  So now the three plates are SERK, SERG, and FXR2 all side by side.

Took the bike out for a quick 100 mile ride after finishing up this afternoon.  It's such a difference on the road.  Was running 90 or 95 thinking I was doing 70 because of the sound difference.  Can hear so much more of what's going on.  That includes a 4th gear "sing" I never knew the bike had.  Under a load above about 2200 4th gear has a definite voice.  It's not worrying but its definitely there.  Never heard that before tonight.  Also had to think for a moment after getting off the bike about what was different?  My ears weren't ringing!

FLSTFI Dave:
I sure like all the work you have done on that CVO King.

Twolanerider:
This is an old thread that, quite rightly, hasn't seen a lot of action.  It documented this bike getting built and has kept up with its changes.  The bike has been very reliable though.  It's been a comfortable and just generally good bike.  Doesn't seem like 7 years ago that it ran and was ridden the first time; but it has been that long.

Today it got something of a milestone.  Noticed when I stopped for fuel a couple miles from the house and after a couple hundred mile ride that it had just turned over 25,000 miles.  I know, not a lot for seven years.  But it's been one of three bikes and the Road Glide is still the bike that makes the few longer trips I still do.  The bike stays happy with the amount of miles it collects.  It gets what has become its annual fluids change (got that last night actually).  And for that it makes me happy.  All in all not a bad deal.  Happy mileage birthday Road King!

Twolanerider:
Earlier posted a recent pic of the SERK and got a PM tonight asking for a current look to show its changes.  There have been a couple small ones.  Never turning down an opportunity to show off the old bike here's a walk around from very recently.

Showing the tank that's signature to the Candy Brandy SERK  :2vrolijk_21: .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version