Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' EagleĀ® Road KingĀ®

New 02 Brandywine SERK -- Long Term Project

<< < (2/218) > >>

Fired00d:
Naitram I think Don is just taking his time (putting it off) so he can prolong moving on to the next project... something like this :evilgrin:.......

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: Fired00d on November 26, 2009, 10:24:18 PM ---Naitram I think Don is just taking his time (putting it off) so he can prolong moving on to the next project... something like this :evilgrin:.......

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

--- End quote ---

Have mentioned before no other bikes while the current project is ongoing.  However long that takes.  I'm being a good boy.  Also not planning on setting the Road King as a truly long distance tourer (compared to the red bike and the SERG).  Think it's going to get a solo saddle, not going to put a hitch on it for the Bushtec and will never get a tour pak painted up for it.  It'll be a weekender.  Very much a local cruiser bike.  So in many ways it would fill the role I might also use the DWG for.  Not that I wouldn't be interested someday in a beautful red FXDWG2 ::) .

sadunbar:
As I have told you, this is my kind of project...  

The last one of these I did took about two years.  After finishing the bike, I road it once....  I was approached at a gas station near my home on my maiden voyage and was offered stupid money for it - so I sold it.  It was just a project for me and I was done with the project....perfect ending.  At the time, I had a garage full of bikes -I think I was up to six.   The proceeds from the sale bought my first Screamin Eagle...an 01 Gray/Black SERG...   :2vrolijk_21:  

Fired00d:

--- Quote from: Twolanerider on November 26, 2009, 10:26:19 PM ---Have mentioned before no other bikes while the current project is ongoing.  However long that takes.  I'm being a good boy.

--- End quote ---
You got to admit though 4 classic red CVO's in the garage would be the schnizzle. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: sadunbar on November 26, 2009, 10:27:44 PM ---As I have told you, this is my kind of project...  

The last one of these I did took about two years.  After finishing the bike, I road it once....  I was approached at a gas station near my home on my maiden voyage and was offered stupid money for it - so I sold it.  It was just a project for me and I was done with the project....perfect ending.  At the time, I had a garage full of bikes -I think I was up to six.   The proceeds from the sale bought my first Screamin Eagle...an 01 Gray/Black SERG...   :2vrolijk_21:  

--- End quote ---

I understand Scott.  I enjoy the project process.  Have had a few street rod or classic restoration projects whose primary fun and enjoyment were the process itself.  Didn't mind at all sending them on their way as soon as they were done.  They may have beautiful.  But they weren't ever something I was attached to.

I really enjoy the investigatory process on the restorations.  This bike will have a little of that because of the almost one-off rarity of some of its pieces.  The hunt is a game within the larger project that is a fun all its own though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version