Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Head set for Helmet ?  (Read 1322 times)

anzac

• Full CVO Member
Head set for Helmet ?
« on: July 13, 2015, 10:14:53 AM »

I need to buy a new helmet, 3/4 and I will be using the CB, what would you recommend for the best headset out there now that I can install. Thanks

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
Re: Head set for Helmet ?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 10:40:56 AM »

Nolan n-Com from J&M With the Elite (If you like Hi fidelity music) or standard (If you don't care) headset.  Headset is preinstalled and the connector is built into the helmet.  They sell the cord to go from that headset to a Harley, Goldwing, Beemer or J&M unit so one helmet will cover whatever bike you may be riding.  My kid and I have the N-43 Trilogy, but I think its now the N44.  3/4 helmet but it has a quick change face shield to from visor to shield, and a snap in chin bar for cold weather or rain.  Inner fighter pilot style flip up shade visor and the shield has the pinlock second shield that prevents ALL fog.  Seriously.  Huff and puff and it still won't fog.

The elite headset is as good as I've heard in a headset for audio fidelity.  For just CB I stick with the cheaper one.  The prices ain't cheap, but I've had very good luck with J&M products.  But I will say I know some people have felt they're not durable.  Not my experience, but I wanted to be fair.

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

anzac

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 06:23:12 PM »

Thank you for the info

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 09:47:06 PM »

I have a J&M that was purchased @ Daytona this year by a friend of mine. He used it for two weeks then gave it to me, I tried it for a Saturday ride and gave it back to him. It was not as good as the HD Units that came with my 15. My wife, who does not care, stated she was glad I changed back, she hated the tiny sound from the J&M. Just my opinion but it was free, and I returned it.

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 08:48:27 AM »

The standard headset is better than the old HD headsets.  The J&M elite headset is comparable to the boom audio headsets.  I agree that if you compare the low end J&M to the newer Boom Audio HD Headsets you'll be disappointed.  Compare the old HD headset to the Boom and you'll be disappointed too.

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 08:29:21 AM »

I bought the Boom in 2010....the 2014 CVo sets are just as good but still have old part number..I cant tell the difference and either can wife...
Will

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.