Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cardo Pack Talk Bold  (Read 1248 times)

Supershooter

• Elite CVO Member
  • First Ride 03 FXDWG

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-sold
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG
Cardo Pack Talk Bold
« on: June 23, 2019, 10:13:49 PM »

We bought the Cardo Pack Talk bold last summer, and used them a little. I installed it on my half helmet and the vox, fell off. It stayed attached by the cord, but the adhesive gave up. Any suggestions for a better mounting option or product?

Supershooter

CHH_Badkarma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout.
Re: Cardo Pack Talk Bold
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 01:54:17 AM »

Maybe use those adhesive pads that come with the GoPro stuff. Whatever you end up using make sure you clean both mating surfaces with alcohol

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 09:34:16 AM »

Same happened to mine....used some good velcro ......it's holding so far.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Supershooter

• Elite CVO Member
  • First Ride 03 FXDWG

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-sold
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 10:52:29 PM »

Same happened to mine....used some good velcro ......it's holding so far.

I'm alittle out of touch when it comes to Velcro quality... What do I look for when I'm looking for high quality Velcro? And where would you suggest buying it? Amazon?

Supershooter

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 11:02:19 AM »

I'm alittle out of touch when it comes to Velcro quality... What do I look for when I'm looking for high quality Velcro? And where would you suggest buying it? Amazon?

Supershooter
Wow....never saw this response until now!......I got some good stuff at Home Depot...Velcro brand

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 11:45:14 AM »

We finally upgraded to Packtalk Bold from Sacalarider Q3s. The Q3s have been through some torrential rains and are at least 6 years old, charging ports are 'loose'......volume and clarity issues are getting more prevalent.

Mounted one on my 3/4 helmet using the "Boom Microphone Cradle" and the clip....SOLID......only modification needed was a slit in a rubber 'flange' .
Got the other mounted to one of the Wife's half helmets with the "BMC" and the speaker holding ear triangles from the Q3 system....she's looking for a new 3/4 helmet.

Walked up the block and they work well so far.

One issue.......when auto searching for radio stations the voice stating the station numbers is very quiet on one....good on the other......and it follows the 'unit' from helmet to helmet. How to adjust that volume?

They get better reception than radio on the bike with the powered Harley hidden antenna.

More observations...and questions to come...I'm sure!!!

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 02:25:28 PM »

We finally upgraded to Packtalk Bold from Sacalarider Q3s. The Q3s have been through some torrential rains and are at least 6 years old, charging ports are 'loose'......volume and clarity issues are getting more prevalent.

Mounted one on my 3/4 helmet using the "Boom Microphone Cradle" and the clip....SOLID......only modification needed was a slit in a rubber 'flange' .
Got the other mounted to one of the Wife's half helmets with the "BMC" and the speaker holding ear triangles from the Q3 system....she's looking for a new 3/4 helmet.

Walked up the block and they work well so far.

One issue.......when auto searching for radio stations the voice stating the station numbers is very quiet on one....good on the other......and it follows the 'unit' from helmet to helmet. How to adjust that volume?

They get better reception than radio on the bike with the powered Harley hidden antenna.

More observations...and questions to come...I'm sure!!!

Real world trial. Great at slow speed.....even with mic sens at lowest it's hard to decipher what is being said at hiway speeds...old Q3 was much better.

Music volume is very low with all volumes set to max......except 'background music' volume.  Finally turned 'background music' (supposed to control the background music volume while using intercom or phone)
volume up to max and it seems to control the main music volume.
Of course...latest software was installed ....again!

Probably be returning to Amazon (within 28 days) as opposed to doing warranty through Cardo because I will have no recourse after the 28 days if we don't get them working better!

And will order another set..........

Also...."Black" edition coming soon.....with bigger JBL speakers

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 24 queries.