Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Boombox GTS New Software Updated 06/25/20  (Read 2100 times)

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
Re: Boombox GTS New Software Updated 06/25/20 eliminates WHIM Hack
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2020, 10:55:11 AM »

you should still be able to have CarPlay.  it just requires a mic, which your wired headset should be sufficient for that.  you do not have to have the whim unless you are going wireless.
Sound logic Skratch and your signature quip certainly fits this situation ;): "I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life"

PRIOR REALITY: had CarPlay prior to the software update (via the "phantom WHIM" flash) :2vrolijk_21:;
CURRENT REALITY: CarPlay doesn't appear following the update :nixweiss:.

iPhone was connected to the USB cable. As a curiosity, it might be interesting to see if reverting to the prior software version restores CarPlay.
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
Re: Boombox GTS New Software Updated 06/25/20 eliminates WHIM Hack
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2020, 04:44:09 PM »

Sound logic Skratch and your signature quip certainly fits this situation ;): "I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life"

PRIOR REALITY: had CarPlay prior to the software update (via the "phantom WHIM" flash) :2vrolijk_21:;
CURRENT REALITY: CarPlay doesn't appear following the update :nixweiss:.

iPhone was connected to the USB cable. As a curiosity, it might be interesting to see if reverting to the prior software version restores CarPlay.
UPDATE: Turns out I still have CarPlay available if after powering up with my iPhone USB connected, I disconnect ......then reconnect ......all the while making certain my iPhone is active (unlocked).
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

TrAnc

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

Re: Boombox GTS New Software Updated 06/25/20
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2020, 07:18:31 AM »

UPDATE!!!!
I have been with bike in HD dealer. After latest update radio is still blocked . Still same error "22" occurs . Cannot change anything in radio features. I have checked SIP and there is file with procedure for locked radios , it says if radio after latest update still bricked it has to be replaced , please contact with regional technical service , where should I call if I am based in Europe. Will they replace radios for free or what ?
here is screen :

Fatboy1904

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

Re: Boombox GTS New Software Updated 06/25/20
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2020, 12:47:33 PM »

I just spoke with an independent shop close to my home.   As many of us are aware, Harley has blocked the Digital Technician system at the dealer from the ability to toggle the MicroPhone slider in the flash settings of the Boom GTS unit.  He said that most shops that have 3rd party equivalent software have similar tools that allow them the same access to make the bike think you have the Microphone enabled.  He's done it to several RG's & SG's since the July 2020. He said this will work on any year model with the Boom GTS WHIM or no WHIM.  I will report back.......
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 24 queries.