Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CarPlay not working on GTS installed on 2017 CVO  (Read 686 times)

richbiker

• RJs Custom V-Twin
    • WA

• CVO1: 2007 CVO ulrta (sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO softail convertible
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO Ultra Limited
CarPlay not working on GTS installed on 2017 CVO
« on: August 11, 2020, 05:58:03 PM »

Hi I pulled the trigger on the GTS radio for my '17 CVO and love it but the Car play does not come on Bluetooth or connected via USB cable.

I had the dealer "enable" the fallowing   GPS, TPMS, Intercom, CB, XM, WHIM, and the amp with 4 speakers. I do not have a WHIM installed.  Everything is working except the Car Play they also updated it to the latest software.    Did I and them forget something or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks for any input the dealer tech was not the best and I had to help him to do this.

Spence

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: CarPlay not working on GTS installed on 2017 CVO
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 06:02:25 PM »

For CarPlay to work 1) you must connect the phone via cable to the USB connector in the dash pocket and 2) the factory default setting requries you to have a headset connected to the radio either through the WHIM or through the cord.  This is so you can use the mic to speak to Siri.  But there is a setting the dealer can access via Digital Technician where you can tell CarPlay that a mic is not required.

And one other thing - in the settings which you can access via the menus you must have 'Projection' turned on for CarPlay to work.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 06:05:05 PM by ultrafxr »

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

richbiker

• RJs Custom V-Twin
    • WA

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 07:05:22 PM »

Ok thanks for the help.

Spence

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 11:19:16 PM »

Hi I pulled the trigger on the GTS radio for my '17 CVO and love it but the Car play does not come on Bluetooth or connected via USB cable.

I had the dealer "enable" the fallowing   GPS, TPMS, Intercom, CB, XM, WHIM, and the amp with 4 speakers. I do not have a WHIM installed.  Everything is working except the Car Play they also updated it to the latest software.    Did I and them forget something or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks for any input the dealer tech was not the best and I had to help him to do this.

Spence

What headset?
If it’s the h-d branded Sena here is some info the factory guys are suggesting:

1. If customer has ever paired his headset to his mobile phone, delete the pairing

I have seen alot of customer do this and the headsets will pair to the phone before and the bike and Carplay will not activate

#2 Make sure to go into the setting in his iPhone and there is a spot for CarPLay. make sure customer allows CarPlay to activate when the phone is locked

#3 If the customer is using a ol rusty cord maybe time for another one

I good indicator if the cord is bad or not you can ask the customer does the phone charge when plugged in

that isnt 100% but a good rule of thumb

#3 Repair the headset never hurts and take 10 seconds..

wait that was #4

HOGMIKE

richbiker

• RJs Custom V-Twin
    • WA

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 12:23:20 AM »

well tried with headset and still no carplay,  checked settings and carplay in locked screen is on, and projection is turned on.
I will try a new cable and see what happens    If that does not help I will see if the dealer can figure out how to set it to carplay without mic work

thanks
Spence

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 05:28:43 PM »

well tried with headset and still no carplay,  checked settings and carplay in locked screen is on, and projection is turned on.
I will try a new cable and see what happens    If that does not help I will see if the dealer can figure out how to set it to carplay without mic work

thanks
Spence

Good luck!
I’m still waiting for a reply to my specific issues with CarPlay!
 :nixweiss:
HOGMIKE

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 24 queries.