Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harmon Kordon display message.  (Read 1533 times)

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
Harmon Kordon display message.
« on: May 13, 2008, 02:06:50 PM »

Is it possible to program your own message, name, etc. into the Harmon Kordon display?  After having some work done at the HD dealer in Athens GA I now have someones name that comes up in the display after the radio has been on for a while.  At first I thought it was the singers name but it's not.  And it's not the techs name that did the work.  Any ideas?

:nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

vagabond6542

Re: Harmon Kordon display message.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 02:28:10 PM »

Is it possible to program your own message, name, etc. into the Harmon Kordon display?  After having some work done at the HD dealer in Athens GA I now have someones name that comes up in the display after the radio has been on for a while.  At first I thought it was the singers name but it's not.  And it's not the techs name that did the work.  Any ideas?

:nixweiss: :nixweiss:

If you are talking about the Advance system that's on the Ultras, the name got programmed in by someone who knows computers and the link up to the system. It was a physical hookup that programmed the name in.
Just my 02. :nervous:

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 03:06:40 PM »

If you are talking about the Advance system that's on the Ultras, the name got programmed in by someone who knows computers and the link up to the system. It was a physical hookup that programmed the name in.
Just my 02. :nervous:

Yep an Ultra.  Any idea on how to change it?

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

vagabond6542

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 04:02:24 PM »

Yep an Ultra.  Any idea on how to change it?

You would need someone from the dealership to change it. You could take the question up with MoCo Customer service. There has to be a disk somewhere with the original setup.
PM me, I have Rusty's phone no.

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 24 queries.