Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Autocom Super Pro 300  (Read 1280 times)

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
Autocom Super Pro 300
« on: May 13, 2008, 07:57:55 PM »

My wife and I just got 3/4 helmets with shields.  Way too hard to talk so I am in the market for an intercom that will enable me to add some other stuff down the road. (bike to bike, gps and music) The Autocom product was recommended.  Will it fit under the passenger seat?  Are you happy with the quality?  Was it easy to set up?

Thanks in advance for your input
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Autocom Super Pro 300
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 11:49:54 AM »

We have the Pro 7's, I believe.  Haven't used them now for a couple of years.  Had a TON of trouble with the interconnect cords.  Sent the entire system back numerous times for repair, always with same "no problem found".  Finally I found a problem in one cord that I could duplicate while using it.  Drove us crazy- it would allow one of us to talk to the other, but not back the other way.  Very frustrating!  Once fixed, the system works very well.  You can hear everything.  The vox works quite well, though it clips about the first quarter syllabyl.    I've got the bike power adapter, so the only thing that needs batteries is the radios we use.  I even have outputs for a CD player.  I'm just not impressed with the customer service.  If you're interested, I'd sell my system, since we've got CB's on the bikes, we don't need this one.  I think you could get it all under a seat, but it may be easier to pocket the pieces and just have one power connection.

arctic
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 11:57:05 AM »

I have the active plus....  i dont use it as much as i would like to....  mostly because theres a chitload of cables to keep track of..

it works and works well....  i didnt experience the same challenges john did...  just keeping the cables sorted and re-learning lessons and techniques because i didnt use it much

intercom works great...  radios work pretty well....  most of the challenges were due to my error ( setting the radio to VOX ... their cables make it so you don't need to)

seems very flexible to use and i'd recommend them...they have some newer systems now with more flexibility..

i would consider parting with it as i just dont use it that much

i too just pocketed it.....  change the 9V battery every once in a while...no hassles

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 01:23:41 PM »

Debe made a couple of "vests" that had cable channels built in, so all we had to do was put on the vests, plug into the bike, plug into the helmets and turn it on.  That definitely helped reduce the cable clutter.  It's not too bad, but the more you add in capabilities, the more wiring you get.  Remebering to change batteries was why I went with a bike powered system.  No batteries to change, and the power supply unit was quite small.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 01:28:46 PM »

Debe made a couple of "vests" that had cable channels built in, so all we had to do was put on the vests, plug into the bike, plug into the helmets and turn it on.  That definitely helped reduce the cable clutter.  It's not too bad, but the more you add in capabilities, the more wiring you get.  Remebering to change batteries was why I went with a bike powered system.  No batteries to change, and the power supply unit was quite small.

I just zip tied the mess together and stuck it in a pocket

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 24 queries.