Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Cleaning the SEEG  (Read 18768 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Cleaning the SEEG
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2005, 10:04:13 PM »

You'll be able to tell from underneath the next time you have the seat off.  Leather will be rough on the opposite side, more like a seude (sp?).  Vinyl will have about the same surface on each side.

Another way to determine if it's leather is park the SEEG (with the leather seat) beside a bike with a Mustang seat in the direct sun and with a little while and then touch both seats.........you'll notice the SEEG seat is decidedly cooler to the touch.  This is known as the 'touch-test' in some areas of the deep South!  Har!   [smiley=drink.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
  • IN GOD WE TRUST! ALL OTHERS PAY CASH !!
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2005, 08:41:41 AM »

My bike has never really gotten dirty. I have washed it three times since Febuary. I still have not waxed it yet. When I was in Daytona I used some special soap that helps neautarlize the salt from the beach breeze. In Houston Texas chrome wont last long if you dont stay on it. That includes removing the dead bugs that stay stuck to the chrome and using lots of chrome polish. I use 0000 steel wool to get spots off the exhaust. For a quick detail I use that Honda spray detailer. It works great. When I was a kid my bikes stayed spotless. Now adays I would rather ride then wrench or clean. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=nervous.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Life is too short. I like to slide in sideways whenever I can with a marqarita in one hand and a fine babe ridin bitch, screamin Oh!! what a ride!!

Remember ride it like you stole it and bone it like you own it !!!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2005, 11:53:04 AM »

Jimp,
Sounds like we got a lot in common. I ride mines but also like it to look like it just came off the showroom floor. When I got back from Laconia, first thing I did after unpacking the bike was wash/detail it. The bike was filthy after getting caught in rain several times on trip, and wife's comment was "You'll never get that bike clean like it was". You know that was all the incentive/challenge any red-blooded male would need to get the job done  [smiley=laugh.gif]. Well after getting out my motorcycle jack, bag-r-rests (speaking of which if any of you have never seen these or familiar with them they are great for taking bags off bike for washing/detailing. go here: http://www.hangemhighcycleproducts.com). After washing it several times and then detailing I believe I was at it for three + hours, anyway by the time the better half got back home needless to say she was impressed. Matter of fact she commented that it may have even looked better then before the trip.

What I Use:
Zip Wax Car Wash
Harley-Davidson Wheel Cleaner
Bike Brite Cleaner/Degreaser
Gunk (On the trouble spot between the motor and transmission that shows that seepage/film of oil. Where I've been told there is no gasket, becuase there is not supposed to be anything in there to leak out [smiley=confused.gif])
Leaf Blower (For majority of water removal)
Bike Dryer (Small hand held device similar to leaf blower, but has a rubber nozzle. Best for tight spaces and when you want to be careful around painted surfaces)
Absorber
Old T-Shirts (great for getting water spots off chrome)
Mothers Chrome Polish
Easy-Off Paste Wax
Black Magic Tire Dressing (Then spray tires with window cleaner after to aid in drying. A friend gave me this tip, the ammonia will evoporate the tire dressing to keep it from being thrown back on fenders. I do wipe all excess off, and avoid getting tire dressing on wheels and treads)

I also wipe bike down (with Absorber) after each ride to remove bugs, and use a California Duster (small dash one) to keep the dust film to minimum.

Nothing like being at stop lights and feel someone checking your bike out.  [smiley=7.gif] Especially when it's a couple and you look in the females eyes and you can tell she would rather be on the bike with you with her hair in the wind.  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2005, 12:11:05 PM »

Especially when it's a couple and you look in the females eyes and you can tell she would rather be on the bike with you with her hair in the wind.  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif][/quote]
Dang!  Makes me wanna go detail the bike and go for a ride!  Har!    [smiley=cool2.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2005, 12:34:51 PM »

...[smiley=7.gif] Especially when it's a couple and you look in the females eyes and you can tell she would rather be on the bike with you with her hair in the wind.  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

There you go fantasizing again flhtcse2004.  haaaa haaaaa!  Just kiddin!  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2005, 12:35:44 PM »

...., bag-r-rests (speaking of which if any of you have never seen these or familiar with them they are great for taking bags off bike for washing/detailing. go here: http://www.hangemhighcycleproducts.com).

Your link does not work..How about a picture...you know thew drill [smiley=worthless.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2005, 12:38:32 PM »

Your link does not work..How about a picture...you know thew drill

Here you go hd-dude;

http://www.bagrrest.com/

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2005, 12:41:09 PM »

Here you go hd-dude;

Thanks Ms We!!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2005, 02:50:21 PM »

Mrs. WECVO, heh it's my dream, can't I make it as big as I want  [smiley=1syellow1.gif] Also thanks for giving the right link out for the BagRRests. They are a great investment for detailing bike, hard to wash the bags and hold them when they are soapy and wet. I found out the hard way [smiley=cry2.gif] Below you will find a picture of them. Woo Hoo I figured out how to add pictures [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 03:06:31 PM by flhtcse2004 »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2005, 03:26:14 PM »

Here you go hd-dude;

This site does like to spend my money...
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2005, 04:01:52 PM »

This site does like to spend my money...

You need to talk to naitram and Mrs.We.  They will convince you you're saving money on these because your decision to purchase them was based on a review that someone here gave you and you didn't have to waste your own money trying to find another product that delivered the results you wanted.  (Or something like that.)

I have yet to test this logic on my wife who will be the sole determiner of whether or not it is sound. [smiley=argue.gif] [smiley=deal2.gif] [smiley=rifle.gif] [smiley=smash.gif] [smiley=stars.gif] [smiley=whip.gif] [smiley=sauer024.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2005, 04:45:30 PM »

103, you could be like a 'test pilot' and test this theory out on her and report back and maybe save us all in the process.  Har!    [smiley=nervous.gif]  spyder

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2005, 04:50:25 PM »

Even though they aren't likely going to be as pretty we don't have to spend 60 or 80 or a 100 bucks for a lot of these admittedly handy to have gadgets.  

I'd had a wall bracket that I'd won as a door prize at a rally that mounted the old tour pak on the last Road King.  But the 05 had a different mounting spacing.  A replacement to purchase was 70 to 90 bucks.  And I was going to need two of them !!

An hour in the shop with $25.00 in materials made both of these.  They may not be as pretty but they're every bit as functional.  

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2005, 04:52:40 PM »

This is kind of like telling the wife "this bike has everything" when I talked her into getting it (she knew I would still be spending money on it). Now I keep hearing about the $24K Diamond ring she wants [smiley=shocked2.gif] [smiley=nervous.gif]

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2005, 04:55:03 PM »

103, you could be like a 'test pilot' and test this theory out on her and report back and maybe save us all in the process.  Har!    [smiley=nervous.gif]  spyder

I try and use the Tool tactic.  Whenever I buy a new tool, that the wife knows about [;)], I always make a point of showing her how it helped me complete the job correctly and efficiently.  I always add "The right tool helps you do the job Right" Line.  Then, when in Sears Tool Territory (always enter the mall through tis entrance), and I see a new Tool that I NEED, I make sure I remind her of the above.

Unfortunately, my Harley Budget is going to my new 4-wheeled version...an Eclipse 8495 DVD Navigation MP3 with 30Gig Hard Drive ain't cheap!

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 20 queries.