Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011 Road Glide CVO Ultra Power Locking Bags.  (Read 1363 times)

HoustonBussa

• www.lokeywears.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2011 Road Glide CVO Ultra
    • Lo-Key Wears
2011 Road Glide CVO Ultra Power Locking Bags.
« on: March 02, 2018, 12:56:45 PM »

As the title says, I have a 2011 RG CVO Ultra. When I bought the bike, I noticed one of the saddle bags doesn't lock with the remote. First after noticing when I pushed the button I felt no vibration from the bag like I did the other back or the Tour Pak. I figured the connector was disconnected. I ended up founding the wire was broke. I fixed that. NOW I can feel a little kick as if it is TRYING to actuate the lock, but I get nothing. The actual moving part feels like it just doesn't want to move.  Has ANYONE had this issue before? Do I just need to disassemble and lube or replace it? Thanks in advance.

HoustonBussa

• www.lokeywears.com
    • TX

• Lo-Key Wears
Re: 2011 Road Glide CVO Ultra Power Locking Bags.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 02:24:08 AM »

Figured it out

HoustonBussa

• www.lokeywears.com
    • TX

• Lo-Key Wears
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 03:07:17 AM »

Fyi in case you're interested. The mechanism that actually push/pulls the cable is rusted. Looks like the bag must have got wet or something.

/thread

RoadTrip

• Senior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • Twisted Rides
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 08:30:07 AM »

Was the bike involved in the flooding from the hurricane? Timing would be about right for those problems to surface.
Some folks seek the comfort of the straight and narrow. Me? I prefer the twisted road.
Twisted Rides Blog
Twisted Rides Videos

HoustonBussa

• www.lokeywears.com
    • TX

• Lo-Key Wears
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 03:07:04 PM »

The bike was in Austin during that time. Don't think it was flooded, but that bag does look like there was water in there. Either way, unless I can find a used one I'll just leave it be if I can't repair it. Just make sure I leave nothing in it worth taking. It's the kickstand side.

HoustonBussa

• www.lokeywears.com
    • TX

• Lo-Key Wears
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 03:17:31 PM »

Actually found the part on eBay and priced the same as the used ones AND it had the casing vs just the actuator, so I purchased it We'll see when it gets in.

HoustonBussa

• www.lokeywears.com
    • TX

• Lo-Key Wears
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 07:08:32 PM »

New part went in perfectly and works. Just in case anyone was wondering.

Glenncarp

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 04:57:39 PM »

As the title says, I have a 2011 RG CVO Ultra. When I bought the bike, I noticed one of the saddle bags doesn't lock with the remote. First after noticing when I pushed the button I felt no vibration from the bag like I did the other back or the Tour Pak. I figured the connector was disconnected. I ended up founding the wire was broke. I fixed that. NOW I can feel a little kick as if it is TRYING to actuate the lock, but I get nothing. The actual moving part feels like it just doesn't want to move.  Has ANYONE had this issue before? Do I just need to disassemble and lube or replace it? Thanks in advance.
Had same bike, never an issue with saddlebag lock, but tourpack...Many times, the locking "Cam" , the crescent shaped piece that actually moved gets bent if the tour pack lid is closed out of perfect alignment. HD makes a part (so they know there is an issue) called an easy shut latch, or something like that. Sorry though, no issues with saddle bags. I'd check to make sure the "cam" there is opening and closing freely before checking cable etc. 

HoustonBussa

• www.lokeywears.com
    • TX

• Lo-Key Wears
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2018, 09:30:40 PM »

Had same bike, never an issue with saddlebag lock, but tourpack...Many times, the locking "Cam" , the crescent shaped piece that actually moved gets bent if the tour pack lid is closed out of perfect alignment. HD makes a part (so they know there is an issue) called an easy shut latch, or something like that. Sorry though, no issues with saddle bags. I'd check to make sure the "cam" there is opening and closing freely before checking cable etc.

It was the cable and the actuator. Once replaced it worked just fine.

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 25 queries.