Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Polaris purchases Indian Motorcycles!!  (Read 733 times)

Glide Boy

• Full CVO Member
Polaris purchases Indian Motorcycles!!
« on: April 25, 2011, 11:11:18 PM »

Hey, did you hear the news last week that Polaris Industries purchased Indian Motorcycle Company?  I think this will be a good thing for the Indian product, I just hope that Victory doesn't adopt the "sky high" pricing that Indian has.  I wonder if Polaris Victory's will be adopting the Indian name or vice versa?  Polaris has a good thing going with their product, Indian just seems to be overpriced old style bikes.  Let me know what you guys think.

Glide Boy

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
Re: Polaris purchases Indian Motorcycles!!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 08:14:42 AM »

This is a very interesting merger that acutally makes a lot of sense.  Most Indian Dealers are also Victory and Big Dog Dealers (multi-brand).  Polaris has the means to re-build and actually market the Indian brand which should cause some concern for HD.  If HD doesn't reel in it's dealer body and start holding them accountable to some respectable level of customer service, I may consider an Indian the next time around!  HD does nothing to apprecate the customer loyalty, yes they market the culture well, but that's getting OLD.  Thier dealer body SUCKS!
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 24 queries.