Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Efforts to pass new helmet laws intensify  (Read 957 times)

JW

• Full CVO Member
Efforts to pass new helmet laws intensify
« on: April 04, 2007, 08:13:28 AM »

Heres a quote from the article from todays USA today:

"Paul Williams, state coordinator of the Helena, Mont., ABATE chapter, who this winter helped defeat his state's first helmet proposal in a decade, said helmet laws are inevitable. "

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-04-03-motorcycle-helmet-laws_N.htm

Can you figure out from that picture (from the article) what make of bike Roethlisberger was on?
2005 Cherry SEEG-

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Efforts to pass new helmet laws intensify
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 09:01:00 AM »

I remember from the news reports which motorcycle type it was so will not comment on it.

Roethlisberger indicates from now on he will wear a helmet since he was not wearing one in the crash.  I now wear a helmet when riding - a friend suffered a brain injury last year - no helmet - and after that I decided it was best to wear one.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 09:21:18 AM by iskifreely »
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: Efforts to pass new helmet laws intensify
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 09:21:17 AM »

Only a gear head could tell from the pic, noting the exhaust and handlebars etc.  To the non-motorcycle enthusiast there all the same, just some go by them with the wheel in the air and the others make a lot of noise ::)

I posted another pic without the red blanket and upright from an ESPN article.

Interesting to note this about the Pennsylvania law:

Pennsylvania's Helmet Law
(Effective Sept. 4, 2003)
Pennsylvania's 35-year-old law requiring helmets to be worn was amended in 2003 to make helmets optional under certain circumstances.
According to the amended law, a motorcyclist will no longer be required to wear a helmet if the rider is:

• A person 21 years of age or older who has been licensed to operate a motorcycle for not less than two full calendar years.

• A person 21 years of age or older who has completed a motorcycle rider safety course approved by the department or the Motorcycle Safety Foundation.

• A passenger 21 years of age or older if the motorcycle driver meets one of the qualifications for not wearing a helmet.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2480830

« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 09:32:29 AM by Rjob749 »

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.