Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Cybil's Xetronics HID!  (Read 9152 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Cybil's Xetronics HID!
« on: May 11, 2008, 11:05:41 PM »

I bought a dual Xetronics HID setup from Jim a few months ago. Never really got a chance to test them out. Driving in NYC at night, they aren't terribly noticable. And my trips hadn't yielded any night riding in dark areas. Until this weekend!

There are no street lights in the rural Northern Catskills. Well, Cybil took us, the Reggabs, and the GH's home Sat night. Neither of them could see chit with the stock 2 lamp HD halogen setup. Same as I had on my SERK. But I gotta tell ya'll, that HID setup IS THE CAT'S ASS!!! :2vrolijk_21:

I also have PIAA Xtreme White bulbs in my spots. On low beam with the spots it was really good on those dark roads. And the dual HID's on High Beam were unreal. It bathed the road in light, and for the first time in 37 years of riding, I WAS ABLE TO SEE PERFECTLY at night!

If you don't have these, F the chrome chit! Get a set of these first. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: Cybil's Xetronics HID!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 12:18:48 AM »

Glad you like them Howie, I personally will never have a bike without them.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 07:57:21 AM »

Is it a bulb replacement or lamp assembly replacement?  If it's just a bulb.....no brainer!
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

07 CVO

• Elite CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN EAGLE!! Top of the Food chain!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 08:23:15 AM »

I bought a dual Xetronics HID setup from Jim a few months ago. Never really got a chance to test them out. Driving in NYC at night, they aren't terribly noticable. And my trips hadn't yielded any night riding in dark areas. Until this weekend!

There are no street lights in the rural Northern Catskills. Well, Cybil took us, the Reggabs, and the GH's home Sat night. Neither of them could see chit with the stock 2 lamp HD halogen setup. Same as I had on my SERK. But I gotta tell ya'll, that HID setup IS THE CAT'S ASS!!! :2vrolijk_21:

I also have PIAA Xtreme White bulbs in my spots. On low beam with the spots it was really good on those dark roads. And the dual HID's on High Beam were unreal. It bathed the road in light, and for the first time in 37 years of riding, I WAS ABLE TO SEE PERFECTLY at night!

If you don't have these, F the chrome chit! Get a set of these first. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hoist

Is this just a HID for Halogen swap out, or does it require a major process to replace the origional Halogen with this unit? Plus what wattage did you get, because I have seen all different sizes on-line and don't know CHIT about what I would need or want.

Mark
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
SE A/C, SERT, Samson Caliber True Duels
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR (SOLD)
2008 VW R32 #3719/5000 United Grey
2008 VW GTI

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 09:06:55 AM »

It's almost a bulb replacement, but that's just 1 part of it. The SERK has the dual halogen setup. The HID setup has 2 HID lamps that replace the halogen lamps. But the HID lamps need to use electronic ignitors as well. All the necessary items for the conversion are included. It's pretty straighforward. You just need to make room for the ignitors in the SERK headlight nacelle. FD's are easy! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

07 CVO

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 09:13:50 AM »

It's almost a bulb replacement, but that's just 1 part of it. The SERK has the dual halogen setup. The HID setup has 2 HID lamps that replace the halogen lamps. But the HID lamps need to use electronic ignitors as well. All the necessary items for the conversion are included. It's pretty straighforward. You just need to make room for the ignitors in the SERK headlight nacelle. FD's are easy! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Thanks Hoist!

This helps me for looking at making the decision to go HID, by the way what watt bulbs did you get? Or is there only one that works?

Mark
2008 VW GTI

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 09:24:00 AM »

no wattage on HID, just color spec
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

07 CVO

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 09:29:01 AM »

no wattage on HID, just color spec

Thanks Neil,

I thought the 8000K was a wattage rating, sorry for my ignorance on this subject. Because I have seen advertisementd for 4000k, 6000k, 8000k, 11000k.

Which was confusing, and as most of the people on here you always want the biggest and best you can get to work!

Mark
2008 VW GTI

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 09:33:32 AM »

this should help

:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 09:38:30 AM »

Thanks Hoist!

This helps me for looking at making the decision to go HID, by the way what watt bulbs did you get? Or is there only one that works?

Mark

The bulbs you use are based on the color you want to project. HID's will emit various color outputs based on their temperature rating. I used the "white" ones. Don't remember the temp. Check Xetronics website or contact H-D Dude! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Yeah. like Neal said!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 09:41:23 AM »

HID on low beam w/PIAA xtreme white spots

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 09:41:51 AM »

HID's on High Beam.

Hoist! 8)

07 CVO

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 09:43:01 AM »

The bulbs you use are based on the color you want to project. HID's will emit various color outputs based on their temperature rating. I used the "white" ones. Don't remember the temp. Check Xetronics website or contact H-D Dude! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Yeah. like Neal said!

AWESOME guys,

Since they don't have Orange I guess I will look into getting the White ones. Unless d00d knows a source for Orange...lol

Mark
2008 VW GTI

sanjoseduke

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 11:39:42 AM »

Hoist

Hope all's well with you.

RE:  I also have PIAA Xtreme White bulbs in my spots's

Did you have to install anything to use these bulbs?
where did you purchase the bulbs?

We are working our way back (slowly) from the Sedona run and should be home by Thursday after we play along the PCH from San Diego to Monterey.

SanJoseDuke
13 FLHTCUSE8

Retired & Loving it!

Sean M Cary

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 07:09:57 AM »

Hoist! 8)

$$??

This site is killing me... 

I was debt free after my last deployment - I may need to volunteer to go back to clear the slate again!

Sean
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 24 queries.