CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

Harley Screamin Eagle 131 crate engine M8

<< < (3/14) > >>

SDCVO:

--- Quote from: FLSTFI Dave on January 15, 2020, 08:18:48 AM ---You can do the kit on a bran new bike, and still have two year factory warranty.  To me that would be the big selling point.  You could make more power aftermarket but no warranty.  Do this, and your covered at any harley dealer in the country.

--- End quote ---
My warranty expires in Nov and dealer had a great idea. I will cancel my 7 yr extended and re purchase with kit installed which will cover kit. They are selling me re purchase warranty at cost so will end up costing couple hundred (maybe less) which to me is worth it.

ParadigmGuy:

--- Quote from: SDCVO on January 15, 2020, 11:55:44 PM ---My warranty expires in Nov and dealer had a great idea. I will cancel my 7 yr extended and re purchase with kit installed which will cover kit. They are selling me re purchase warranty at cost so will end up costing couple hundred (maybe less) which to me is worth it.

--- End quote ---
What's the price?

SDCVO:

--- Quote from: ParadigmGuy on January 15, 2020, 11:57:18 PM ---What's the price?

--- End quote ---
Dont know yet and afraid to find out. Will figure out how to deal with that whenever it gets approved in CA. Dealer thinks it may take a while-

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: SDCVO on January 15, 2020, 11:55:44 PM ---My warranty expires in Nov and dealer had a great idea. I will cancel my 7 yr extended and re purchase with kit installed which will cover kit. They are selling me re purchase warranty at cost so will end up costing couple hundred (maybe less) which to me is worth it.

--- End quote ---

I would definitely want to see language in the extended service contract that's specified it would cover changes made after original purchase. This idea would worry me, just doesn't pass the sniff test from experience with prior extended service agreement discussions.

SDCVO:

--- Quote from: Twolanerider on January 16, 2020, 12:45:09 AM ---I would definitely want to see language in the extended service contract that's specified it would cover changes made after original purchase. This idea would worry me, just doesn't pass the sniff test from experience with prior extended service agreement discussions.

--- End quote ---
of course I will make certain before I pull the trigger. Unfortunately I got to know the Harley rep well going through the "buy back" on the 17 so I will speak to him first. Last thing he will want will to be fight with me again over the warranty covering a problem. In the end he is a good guy and I have stayed in touch with him occasionally. He was just doing his job and it did end up good in the end.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version