CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

Harley Screamin Eagle 131 crate engine M8

<< < (14/14)

BigLock:
Well said I retired 3 yrs ago n I did buy a 18 CVO RG . It will most likely be my last CVO it's the stable ma to my 12 CVO RG. But most folks that buy RV most likely have sold there homes n just travel the US. Me I'm a traveler but on my bike no house payment n a small farm

FLSTFI Dave:

--- Quote from: Mark on January 29, 2020, 10:42:36 AM ---While stories about younger riders buying touring bikes and retirees spending large sums on RVs are great...they are anecdotal in nature.  The overall financial health of boomers across the country tells a different story, as do the demographics collected by HD.  Boomers make up the bulk of touring bike owners and unfortunately, haven’t saved well for retirement.  So, buying that $45-50k CVO while working was doable, it isn’t any longer.  Sadly, 45% of boomers have no retirement savings.  Of the remaining, 28% have less than $100k.

--- End quote ---
While your correct my stories of young guys on touring bikes would be Anecdotal, but does not make them false.  I do know two guys under 30 riding road glides both bought new, I also know at least five under 40 riding touring bikes, again bought new.  I am sure they local dealer where these bikes were bought does not think these sales were anecdotal.  Yes it is a small percentage of the riders under 40 buying touring bikes, but its been that way since the 80's and maybe longer.  Most while raising a family does not have the discresionary income to spend on a 30K motorcycle.  I have had a harley since 18 years old, they were old and used, then went about ten years with no bike due to three daughters in their teen age years.  After first two moved out, Bought a CVO.  Pretty typical of a lot of riders I'll bet.

Go to RV parks in FL this time of year and tell me people are not buying Motorhomes.  Not only are they being them they are spend Huge money on them.

Yes I agree Americans as a whole of done a poor job planing for their future and retirement.  They spent most of what they earned during their working years rather than putting some back for the future.  That said, there are lots of Americans with very nice retirements.  There are 40 homes on my dead in street on the lake, I have one of the least expensive homes.  I am one of five that still has some one in the home working.  Most these homes are over 500K.

First bill I pay is my retirement account, then my mortgage and have been doing that many years.  When you start its hard, once your use to not having that money its not bad. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version