Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Changing stock Radio for Aquatics on my 2012 CVO Streetglide  (Read 958 times)

Pancho

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Streetglide

Can anyone help me, I have read lots about changing the head unit on my bike and from all discussions the Aquatic seems the best, especially with the wet UK weather. However I have a problem as I’m useless on audio, and am at a loss as to what I need to do, do I have to change the amps in the fairing and the saddle bag, or does the unit just plug in, I realise I will need to change the speakers, but one step at a time, my head unit is fading fast so my music fidelity is rubbish, please please can anyone help me with directions on what I need to do, and which route is the best to get my music playing again.
Many thanks
Pancho from a wet United Kingdom

dennis karsen

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NM

Re: Changing stock Radio for Aquatics on my 2012 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 12:20:23 AM »

I also have a 2012 CVO Street Glide, my stock radio would lose audio after several minutes. Radio had power but no audio, common problem with the stock radio. I though about changing it out for the Aquatics but instead sent the stock radio to Iron Cross Audio, these guys used to work for Harmon Gardin and now do repairs. total cost for repair including return shipping was $165.00 and has 1 year warranty.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: Changing stock Radio for Aquatics on my 2012 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 12:03:40 PM »

The Aquatics unit will not work with the stock amps. Best bet is to send your OEM unit to Iron Cross for repairs.

Page created in 0.272 seconds with 25 queries.