Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gerbing convert  (Read 3775 times)

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
Gerbing convert
« on: March 26, 2006, 10:55:09 AM »

My wife and I were in Reno at Freedom Cycle getting some work done on our bikes and were hanging around the shop when I noticed a large display of Gerbing products.
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

bgregston

• Elite CVO Member
  • Life's short! Get busy living or get busy dying!
Re: Gerbing convert
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 12:34:12 PM »

I know there are already a half a dozen heated clothing threads on the site but the "new perspective" is too true. Nikki and I are new to the idea just like you. The thermostat is expensive but I really need it. I actually get too hot in the 40's if I run the jacket full blast.
I haven't tried it yet in the 30's but I'm guessing I would be good to go if I could keep my face warm enough. Congrats on finding an extra 3 months in the riding year!!
2006 FLHTCUSE
Autumn Haze
D&D Fat Cats
SERT
Zippers A/C

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 02:31:06 AM »

I've posted my review on the Gerbing heated gear on several threads here.  I have the pants and Jacket liners as well as the gloves and sox and they make it so much more comfortable.

But I'm telling you guys that the Shampa Skinny wear is just almost as warm and not near as expensive and a much better bang for the buck.  I haven't plugged my heated stuff in since I got the Shampa Skinnys.  You guys gotta check this stuff out!..........
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1142533173
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 07:54:24 AM »

Hey JC, my only question on the Shampa Skinny gear is:  what do you do when you stop and go into a diner or other heated area with the warm under clothes on?  Not very easy to adjust to warmer climate and back, is it?  [smiley=confused5.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 10:56:38 AM »

Hey JC, my only question on the Shampa Skinny gear is:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 08:59:28 PM »

JCZ,

I may have to try that schampa stuff.  I just bought myself and the mrs Gerbing jackets that fit under our normal wear jackets.   I spent the 69 dollars x 2 for the single controllers and setup the wiring on all 3 bikes.   I also bought a dual controller for when she just wants to be a passenger.   The controller makes a lot of difference, as we can each set the temp to what we want it to be.   We were out the other night in 32 degree and the only really cold parts were the face / ears.   I was going to buy the vests and then decided to go for the full jacket since it had the connections for the gloves right on the sleeves.   Her b-day is coming up guess I know what she is gonna get :)  There is only one issue with too warm when she is on the back .. she tries to go to sleep to easily i catch her dozing here and there.

I would definately recommend the Gerbing stuff.  
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 09:15:39 PM »

JCZ,

I may have to try that schampa stuff.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 09:16:53 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 10:52:03 PM »

It's just a lot more comfortable to ride with one or two layers rather than four or five layers......and I've been doing it without anything big and bulky.

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 01:43:22 AM »

My experience with the Schampa wear is like JC's, excellent product, it keeps you warm. Riding in the 40's a couple of weeks ago with Schampa pants, jeans and the rain-suit and did not get cold. My input is a bit biased since I sell the product but I honestly would not do so if I did not believe in them.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 10:04:56 AM »

Hey! Jim
I'll throw my two cents worth in, we were at Jim's this weekend

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 24 queries.