Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: FXSTSSE3 - Custom project  (Read 29638 times)

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '15 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
FXSTSSE3 - Custom project
« on: August 27, 2009, 06:46:22 AM »

Hello,

I looking to go ahead with the mods below.

Have you any feedback regarding the Heartland fender? If someone of you have replaced the stock fender by the Heartland I would appreciate if you could post a pic of your ride.

Any comment or suggestion about the project?

TIA Lolo

« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 09:59:56 PM by Lolo »

Sinker

• Junior CVO Member
Re: FXSTSSE3 - Custom project - V&H Big Radius 2:2 + Heartland rear fender
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 07:58:14 AM »

That looks good Lolo.  I like the back fender.

Sinker

JeffsHogPen

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2001 FLHR
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 08:36:01 AM »

I had them send me a brochure. I was thinking about doing the same thing. Their kit is suppose to be a bolt on with no modifications. The cost is a little high but anything you do costs. If you decide let us know how it comes out with pictures.....Jeff
Hookem¨Horns!!!!!

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 10:35:41 AM »

Hope to be able to order only the fender because currently their catalog http://www.heartlandbiker.com/2009Catalog-HeartlandUSA.pdf and price list http://www.heartlandbiker.com/2009Retail.pdf do not reference only the fender because it is included in their 250 kit.

What is interesting to me is that they provide a solution to support a removable sissy/passenger seat. Do you know another company providing such a solution?

Quiet Pro

• Live Free & Ride Hard

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3, Black Diamond & Emerald Flames
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 01:21:05 PM »

I wanted to do the exact same thing to my 09 so I emailed Heartland direct a while back.  They told me that they would sell me the kit to fit my bike, minus the seat since they don't make a seat to fit the 09 springer.  Cost was $1550 for the fender, struts and rock guard.  However, same as you, I also wanted the second seat that they have available to fit perfectly over their rear fender.  I asked if I could order the second seat, minus the upholstery, and they said no prob.  Still pretty expensive at $650.  The reason I wanted it with no upholstery is because I was going to have to have a custom solo seat made to fit the bike with the new fender anyway and it just makes sense to have both seats designed and upholstered to match at the same time.  The guy I was corresponding with at Heartland was Lonny Spiva, info@heartlandbiker.com
Hope this helps and let us know how it works out.  Most importantly, let us know how much the whole process costs!
2009 FXSTSSE3
V & H Big Radius 2-in-2 Pipes
Power Commander

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 04:44:37 PM »

I wanted to do the exact same thing to my 09 so I emailed Heartland direct a while back.  They told me that they would sell me the kit to fit my bike, minus the seat since they don't make a seat to fit the 09 springer.  Cost was $1550 for the fender, struts and rock guard.  However, same as you, I also wanted the second seat that they have available to fit perfectly over their rear fender.  I asked if I could order the second seat, minus the upholstery, and they said no prob.  Still pretty expensive at $650.  The reason I wanted it with no upholstery is because I was going to have to have a custom solo seat made to fit the bike with the new fender anyway and it just makes sense to have both seats designed and upholstered to match at the same time.  The guy I was corresponding with at Heartland was Lonny Spiva, info@heartlandbiker.com
Hope this helps and let us know how it works out.  Most importantly, let us know how much the whole process costs!

Hi Vin :-)

Thanks for your great info! I've ask my local dealer about the feasibility and a cotation of the mods 3 weeks ago but still no feedback from Heartland he told me. Interesting to have your reference cotation, because importing parts in EU tend to insanely inflate the final price. So I'll keep you informed as soon as I'll receive a cotation.

And you what about your mods? Did you finally go ahead with it? What kind of solo seat have you selected? On your pic it seams that your ride's fender is still stock. If you have made it could you post some pics?

Thank you in advance for your tips & pics

Greetings from Switzerland

Laurent

Quiet Pro

• Live Free & Ride Hard

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 02:41:29 PM »

Laurent,
If I were you I would try to contact Heartland directly and bypass your local H-D dealership.  This would be the best way to convey exactly what you want done to your bike and if they can accomodate you at Heartland.  I have not done anything with my bike yet due to the high cost of such a project, the inevitable downtime of the bike during the process, and the fact that I am in the middle of trying to fit a tach from the '08 onto the handlebars of my '09.  This project alone has kept me busy and my wallet drained.  The fender and new seats will have to wait.  I did find a pic of someone that did something similar to their bike.  Check it out.
2009 FXSTSSE3
Power Commander

Quiet Pro

• Live Free & Ride Hard

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 04:33:03 PM »

Actually, I did really want to do exactly what you said to the Rocker C but I had motorheads and H-D reps alike telling me that it would be nearly impossible to put a springer front end on and make it ride smooth.  From my own research I've found that it all has to do with an equation to balance the trail with a bunch of other stuff that I know nothing about.  I'm guessing that it can be done, but I'm sure that it would cost a mint.  We're definitely on the same wavelength, though.  Don't get me wrong, I like the bobtail fender.  I just think that a drag fender really showcases that fat back tire a lot better than the bobtail.  What did you think of the drag bars on that custom?  Not really sure if I like those, some mini apes, or the stock bars.  I have stock ones now and I am a bit weary of trading them out just because I don't want to get stuck with a set that isn't comfortable.  I think I just need to put some more miles on her to get a feel for it.
2009 FXSTSSE3
Power Commander

sixstringer99

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 06:42:49 PM »

I saw that part of the mod project was going with new baffles from Big City Thunder QBL 1845, I am going to do the same thing with my Big Radius 2 into 2 exhaust.  How did you like the sound and performance after the switch?  I am curious if it will be louder or quieter than the V&H stock baffles.  The stock baffles are a little loud for everyday riding for me.

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 06:27:44 PM »

Hello all,

To keep you posted on my project status:

Exhaust:

The first mod was the replacement of the stock exhaust by a pair of V&H 2-2 Big radius. This was done in last October.

Quiet baffles:

After the initial "waow" effect of new V&H, I definitely confirm that these pipes are way too loud, at least for us here in Europe. So I've ordered the BCT quite baffle (https://bigcitythunder.com/shop/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=10&cat=Quality+Quiet+Thunder+Monster+Baffles+Part+%23QBL1845) and expect to receive them and mount it by mid March. I'll post a video on Youtube for comparison between stock / V&H no baffle / V&H with quiet baffle.

Heartland kit:

As suggested by Quiet Pro I've tried to get in touch with Heartland... but with absolutely no success  >:( I've send them mails, in the US and in Australia, using their online quote form, strictly no feedback at all... Not really a customer oriented company. Pretty disappointing, for the list price of their stuff I guess an email of feedback at least just to confirm that the EZ Rocker kit fits the FXSTSSE3 would not have ruined the company  :(.

I was interested in, still interested in, getting the full kit including all options such as the Sissy bar, the rack&ride&rest and the bag. After having looking for eMerchands on the Net reselling Heartland, I finally get a really cool contact with Le Jon Sifford at www.fullmoonmotorsports.com. Le Jon was more than helpful and customer oriented with me. Not only he answered all my questions my mail/phone about the kit, confirming that the EZ Rocker kit fits the FXSTSSE3 (except the solo seat) but in more he proposed me a very attractive price for the whole package minus the seat. Unfortunately I did no go ahead with Le Jon because I had the chance to find a used kit locally here in Switzerland.

So currently my bike is at my local dealer shop and the kit is being pre-mounted before the painting. I hope to post pictures soon.

Greetings    Lolo
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 06:33:54 PM by Lolo »

Harpoon

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE2
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 10:45:03 AM »

Laurent!
I am looking forward to seeing how the rearfender kit looks with an alternative seat tha the Heartland one, are You using the stock seat?
2008 CVO Springer

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 07:20:31 AM »

Harpoon,

I haven't found an alternative seat yet, I was looking for a Danny Gray seat but there is no available for the FXSTSSE3. So we will try to adapt the Heartland one. The stock seat is not usable with the kit because it doesn't fill well the lower side near the struts and rear side on top/back of the fender.

Greetings   Laurent

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2010, 07:41:04 AM »

Here are some pics of the Heartland kit being pre-fit on the FXSTSSE3 before painting. You will notice that the rock guard fits on this bike as well, but the Heartland seat needs some modifications. The tail light is a flexible LED tube such as the one provided by Radiantz. The fender and rock guard will be brushed and painted to match the yellow fury original painting, same flames as on the stock fender will be applied on the side and top of the new fender.

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 07:48:15 AM »

Zoom on rear end

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 07:51:22 AM »

Here you see that the Heartland seat do not fit in the front and can not be easily adapted.

A custom seat pan in fiberglass is being molded to perfectly adapt the rear fender and the front metal fixture of the original seat will be reused to make sure the new seat is tightly hold at the base of the tank.

How to create a seat pan from Danny Gray site : http://www.dannygray.com/Support/seat_pan_instructions.pdf

« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 03:16:20 PM by Lolo »

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 06:15:09 PM »

After having search the web inside-out for review on quiet baffles available to fit in the Vance & Hines Big Radius I finally ends up with two alternatives:

1) Big Thunder City - Quality Quiet Thunder Monster Baffles (Part #QBL1845)
https://bigcitythunder.com/shop/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=10&cat=Quality+Quiet+Thunder+Monster+Baffles+Part+%23QBL1845

2) Smartpartz Hard Kore Quiet Baffles (Part #SPZVHBR)
http://www.smartpartz.com/SPZVHBR.html

The objective being to get a deeper sound AND noise reduction, I finally ordered the Hard Kone instead of QQ, mainly because after having checked this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBZh2Ob4Ha4

Now just have to wait the delivery and check, if as advertised, it really reduce the noise by 6-12 decibels.

I'll keep you post!

Greetings   Laurent

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 12:58:30 PM »

Below a picture of the seat pan molded to fit with the Heartland fender.

Harpoon

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 02:09:02 AM »

Looking good Lolo. Hope to see the bike with the new seat soon.  I am going to the dynoshop with mine on Thursday  I hope for some good numbers
2008 CVO Springer

Springore

• CVO1: Springer 2009
    • CVO2: Springer 2002
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 04:44:21 PM »

Salut laurent, cela fait un moment que je suis ton topic :) car je compte faire le même genre de modif sur mon Springer.
J'ai plusieurs questions: As tu rabaisser ta suspension arriere?
Ton feu arriere (celui sur le garde boue) fait-il stop et feu de positionnement ou l'un ou l'autre?
As tu monté ta "chicane" BCT? Si oui, le son ça donne quoi?

Bon j'arrête là les questions  :-* :-* et bon courage pour la suite et au plaisir. :2vrolijk_21:

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 06:51:58 PM »

Hi Springore!

To quickly answer your questions:

- Yes, the rear end has been lowered, currently I don't know by how much, as it is adjustable we will see at project completion.
- Yes, the tail light is dual intensity LED for running and brake
- I've received the Smartpartz Hard Kore baffles (instead of BCT), but not yet installed so far. I'll post a video on youtube asap for you to get an idea of the new sound. Well in fact I hope it will produce a new sound... quieter!

At this date my project is not going forward very quickly, still waiting for the fender to come back from the painter, and then we will have to sort out the solo seat issue. I hope I will get my ride finished soon because sunny days are coming back!

Hope you will have the opportunity to go ahead with your own project, let us know and post pictures!

Greetings   Laurent
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 07:48:41 PM by Lolo »

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

Hi all,

I've installed the Smartpartz Hard Kore Quiet Baffles (Part #SPZVHBR) last weekend.

Installation was not as straight forward as advertised... I had to hammer the Hard Kore baffle in the pipe and drill the V&H baffle as well as the pipe itself to fix the screw.

But in the end the objective has been achieved, I have now a deeper sound (less harsh and metallic) and a significant noise reduction.

Greetings   Laurent

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

The project is almost completed.

The final result of paint job is technically near perfection :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21: although the position of the flames is not so brilliant  :oops:. This will have to be rework next winter.

The solo seat from Heartland is still under modification, hope to complete that soon.

Still wondering if I should add rear turn signals or not, as it's not mandatory from a legal point of view here in Switzerland. I've ordered the flamed Adjure Beacon 1 (http://www.adjureinc.com/be1flmo20waa1.html) and will see if they fit well or not.

Please find some pics below

Greetings    Laurent

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

The paint job. Technically perfect  :2vrolijk_21:

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

The solo seat foam still need to be adjusted and covered with leather or simili leather

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

Re: FXSTSSE3 - Custom project
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2010, 05:03:45 PM »

Here are links to exhaust sound samples:

Stock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiXzZaGbfaA

Vance & Hines Big Radius 2-2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHHVS0EOBB0

Vance & Hines Big Radius 2-2 + Smartpartz Hardkore Quiet Baffles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAeUnriTueU

Greetings   Lolo

Springore

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2010, 06:33:14 PM »

Thank you for videos, the sound is graver with Smartpartz. Well for my part I prefer the sound stock ...........   :P ;D. I go immediately to order them :2vrolijk_21:
Your preparation is very nice, I had time to make mine but I do not discourage. :soapbox:
  :beerchug: :beerchug:

tizone

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2010, 05:17:58 PM »

HELP!  I am trying to install these quiet baffles into my big radius pipes.  Trouble is, The baffle in the lower pipe is frozen in the pipe!  I have tried a lot of things to get the original baffle out of the pipe with no luck.  Any suggestions?

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2010, 07:01:03 AM »

Hi Tizone,

I have also experienced the same problem with the lower V&H baffle. Impossible to take it out.

So... I've solved it the strait way  ;D:

1) Measure exactly by how much the baffle should be push back to allow the right place for the Smartpartz quiet baffle. It was approx 1.50 cm
2) Take a screwdriver and hammer the V&H baffle to push it back!
3) Drill the lower pipe at the correct distance from pipe tip to match the Smartpartz fitment, make measure twice! You have only one chance to drill it correctly!!
4) Hammer in the Smartpartz baffle
5) Screw the bolt
6) et voilà....  :2vrolijk_21:

Please notice that this seems a one way operation! Forget about removing the V&H baffle after that!

Greetings   Laurent

Springore

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2010, 03:08:06 PM »

Hello Laurent, Then we wait for continuation! Finished saddle? :)

Ohiodish

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2010, 05:16:28 PM »

Looks good.  Wow, those plates are huge?  I would get a smaller license plate before a quiet custom bike.  J/K  I have the same V&H pipes on my cobalt blue SE3 and like it loud.  I think you came out with a great custom FXSTSSE3.  I relocated my plate also, next I want to get some better lighting.  Anyone do an HID kit on these?  If so how did you do it?  I have tried 2 different PIAA lights and no luck so far.  Its not bad when I am riding with friends but when alone I can't see that good with the stock set up.

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2010, 05:12:51 AM »

Looks good.  Wow, those plates are huge?  I would get a smaller license plate before a quiet custom bike.  J/K  I have the same V&H pipes on my cobalt blue SE3 and like it loud.  I think you came out with a great custom FXSTSSE3.  I relocated my plate also, next I want to get some better lighting.  Anyone do an HID kit on these?  If so how did you do it?  I have tried 2 different PIAA lights and no luck so far.  Its not bad when I am riding with friends but when alone I can't see that good with the stock set up.

Hi Ohiodish!

Thanks for your interest in the project. Regarding HID kit please consider starting a new topic on this.

Greetings   Laurent

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2010, 04:30:16 AM »

Hello Laurent, Then we wait for continuation! Finished saddle? :)

The saddle is on its way to be finish. Actually the Heartland original saddle has been extended and reshaped to fit on the Springer. Next step will be to recover it.

Springore

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2010, 11:30:33 AM »

:2vrolijk_21: thanks  :bananarock:

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2010, 09:25:47 AM »

Hi Tizone,

I have also experienced the same problem with the lower V&H baffle. Impossible to take it out.

So... I've solved it the strait way  ;D:

1) Measure exactly by how much the baffle should be push back to allow the right place for the Smartpartz quiet baffle. It was approx 1.50 cm
2) Take a screwdriver and hammer the V&H baffle to push it back!
3) Drill the lower pipe at the correct distance from pipe tip to match the Smartpartz fitment, make measure twice! You have only one chance to drill it correctly!!
4) Hammer in the Smartpartz baffle
5) Screw the bolt
6) et voilà....  :2vrolijk_21:

Please notice that this seems a one way operation! Forget about removing the V&H baffle after that!

I'd like to revise what I've said about taking the baffle out of the V&H BR 2-2 :

I've used a "stalk" ended on one end with a "round screw" and on the other en by a "slice". Sorry if the technical words are not correct, I don't use them so often  ;)

As seen on the pictures below the idea was to grap the baffle at the most inside end and hammer on the slice until it goes out. It worked like a charm in less than 10min and for less than 5$.

Greetings    Laurent
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 09:35:21 AM by Lolo »

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2010, 09:26:18 AM »

The end your hammer on
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 09:29:18 AM by Lolo »

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2010, 09:26:42 AM »

the end you put into the pipe to grab the baffle at its most inside end
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 09:30:07 AM by Lolo »

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2010, 09:27:14 AM »

Et voilà!

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2010, 02:07:31 PM »

The custom seat is finally finished

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2010, 02:09:09 PM »

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2010, 02:23:26 PM »

Also added a Windvest windshield and changed the stock air filter by a "Ventilator".

This custom project is completed :huepfenjump3:

Thank you all for all your advices, information and answers to my rookie questions provided in this thread or in other sections of the site

Have a safe ride  :bananarock:

Greetings   Laurent

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2010, 02:24:16 PM »

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2010, 02:31:51 PM »

A beautiful bike!

You should be proud!

:2vrolijk_21:                :2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2010, 02:49:48 PM »

Thank you! I am indeed!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2010, 02:58:28 PM »

Thank you! I am indeed!

As you should be.
Are there noise restrictions there?
A 110 with pipes like that, I'm sure they hear you coming?

:nixweiss:     :nixweiss:      :nixweiss:
SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2010, 03:10:41 PM »

Sure there is noise restriction. That's why I've put quiet baffles from Smartpartz which does a pretty good job at reducing the noise at idle or low rpm, at least enough to ride in the city. Still pretty loud if you open full throttle. Lot of folks used to say "loud pipes save life", I would say "loud pipes get tickets"  :D. So I will try to combine Smartpartz with BCT quiet baffle to see (hear) if I can even more reduce the noise level while getting a deeper sound.   

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2010, 03:23:46 PM »

Sure there is noise restriction. That's why I've put quiet baffles from Smartpartz which does a pretty good job at reducing the noise at idle or low rpm, at least enough to ride in the city. Still pretty loud if you open full throttle. Lot of folks used to say "loud pipes save life", I would say "loud pipes get tickets"  :D. So I will try to combine Smartpartz with BCT quiet baffle to see (hear) if I can even more reduce the noise level while getting a deeper sound.   

Cool!

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

shortdog

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2010, 03:29:56 PM »

Great job!!
I admit that I thought you were nuts when you started this project. You have truly made your bike your very own!!!
Of course Orange is faster, but yellow is a very close second.

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2010, 06:45:20 PM »

Project completed... but still nut  ;)

Air-Cooled

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2010, 05:18:03 PM »

What you have done IMO is to make this bike the way Harley should have made it in the first place. By this, I mean that Harley went to great reengineering to give us this beautiful fat rear tire, and then put on a not so nice fender with even less nice louvers. I had never liked the lines of the '09 oil tank until I saw your bike. That oil tank now works. Congrats on persisting to a visually improved work of art! 

swat1

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2010, 03:50:36 PM »

I have never been a huge fan of the 09's, but after seeing what you ve done I love it.  Great look
That just happened

Springore

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2010, 04:47:37 PM »

:o :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: beautiful  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2010, 11:15:46 PM »

The custom seat is finally finished

That's one sweet seat! Who did that?

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2010, 01:31:14 PM »

The seat has been adapted from the Heartland stock seat and covered by a local craftsman. The patterns have been realized by myself and stitched by a local stitching company.

Greetings   Laurent

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2010, 01:44:04 PM »

...So I will try to combine Smartpartz with BCT quiet baffle to see (hear) if I can even more reduce the noise level while getting a deeper sound.    

Well I've tried every combination of baffles setups with:

- V&H stock
- Smartpartz
- BCT QQ

The results are:

- V&H stock only or no baffle at all : too loud at any rpm, too metallic not enough deep sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHHVS0EOBB0

- V&H stock + Smartpartz : pretty quiet at low rpm, less metallic but not enough deep sound, bit loss of torque and power

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAeUnriTueU

- No V&H baffles + BCT QQ + Smartpartz : pretty quiet at low/mid rpm, much deeper sound but still not that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4iqkVNp90U

- Shortened V&H baffles + BCT QQ : less quiet than same config with Smartpartz but acceptable. Very nice deep and rumbling sound, no perceptible loss of torque/power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaGETVwWqGQ

So the winner is for me :  Shortened V&H baffles + BCT QQ, with the option to add/remove Smartpartz depending the situation.

Greetings   Laurent
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 03:50:51 AM by Lolo »

Harpoon

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2011, 05:32:08 AM »

Lolo!

Love your bike, it turned out great!! I haven´t been on the forum for a while, and just logged in to see the progress. The seat turned out great!

We seem to have the same idea on how to mod theese bikes. Take care and ride safe.//Harp
2008 CVO Springer

sandlapper

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2011, 11:37:39 PM »

I have never been a huge fan of the 09's, but after seeing what you ve done I love it.  Great look

Not a huge fan of the 09's......REALLY? Seems to me that the 09 IS the nicest of all CVO Springers......Could it be that you deep down inside want an 09 or maybe you own an 07 or 08......

hogdownunder

• AUSSIE SPRINGER
  • Junior CVO Member
  • 2008 CVO SPRINGER

• CVO1: 2008 SCREAMIN EAGLE SPRINGER
    • CVO2: 2009 SCREAMIN EAGLE SPRINGER- SOLD
    • CVO3: 2007 SCREAMIN EAGLE SPRINGER
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2013, 08:18:35 PM »

Hi Laurent,

I love your bike.  You must be happy with the result. I actually saw your video on You Tube. It looks great!!

Could I ask you a couple of questions in regards to your bike?

1.  What Brand of tail light did you use for your rear fender? Is it a LED Light?
3.  Who did you use to paint your rear fender. Is the colour match and flame graphics close to the Factory paint scheme?
2.  How is the seat fixed to the bike.  Is it bolted to each side by the rear fender struts, or is it held to the rear fender by suction cups?
4.  How do the fender struts attach to the rear guard.. Cannot see any bolts on the fender struts?
5.  Did you fit rear indicators on this bike.  I cannot see any?

Best regards,..
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 08:26:18 PM by hogdownunder »

ivanoman

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2018, 04:43:14 PM »

Hi everybody,
I've a Rocker and I'm looking for an FXSTSSE3 rear fender.
I see several of you change it. Someone would have intention to sale it ?
Thanks
Ivano
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.302 seconds with 24 queries.