Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: How Do You Softail Riders Like Long Trips on the Springer  (Read 16780 times)

solo2racing

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 1990 FXSTS R.I.P.
Re: How Do You Softail Riders Like Long Trips on the Springer
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2009, 08:19:41 PM »

The SERK is my main choice to get. But I also love the looks of the Softail. Lets hear from the Springer folks about their long rides of 300 or more miles a day. How is the small windshield as an option and the leather bags.

doug

I just picked up a 07 FXSTSSE in Franklin TN and did 730 miles in 9:43 from Franklin, TN to Fort Worth, TX and let me tell you my back, butt, neck and right hand were hurting big time by the time I got home....

To me a Springer just doesn't look right with a windscreen or saddle bags... but to each their own...

Kevin.....

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2009, 03:46:11 AM »

To me a Springer just doesn't look right with a windscreen or saddle bags... but to each their own...

Kevin.....

I am in total agreement with you there, i have now clocked up up over 31,000km on my 07, mostly on long trips to rallies and sitting on the stock seat with no screen for up to 8 or 9 hours a day covering up to 1000km, while in germany i take the opportunity to crank it out to 180kph and cruise @ 150/160kph were allowed, its just something you either get used too or you buy a bagger!

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2009, 07:33:46 AM »

Hey, sorry I missed this post.  I ride everywhere without a windshield, too.  I wear a 3/4 helmet most of the time, but a full-faced helmet in the winter.  I absolutely love my bike and am never uncomfortable.  My longest ride was to Street Vibrations- maybe 200 miles.  I just get out there and RIDE.  The freeway doesn't bother me anymore.  I have the reach seat.  Standard handlebars.  I just put one of those velcro throttle controls on and it works really well.

My co-riders think I'm crazy.  Street glides, road kings and heritage softail.  They love their fairings, radios, warm legs.  My boyfriend wants me to get a Street Glide, but I don't want to get rid of my Springer.  I get tons of compliments on my bike because every other bike looks the same as the next.  I wonder if I would change my mind, as most do, if I were to get a Street Glide?  It's a nice bike, but is it exciting?  I want to RIDE, not SIT.
I would keep the Springer LOL , Richard
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 25 queries.