Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Decisions  (Read 2036 times)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Decisions
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 10:27:11 PM »

You bet my brother,

Love and respect forever

Matt
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 10:29:58 PM »

i used to do laconia every year. and do a week long trip with the wife usually into canada. we've been to Quebec city, PEI, Nova Scotia, and back to QC a couple more times

then this site changed all of that. after attending Maggie Valley in the spring of 05 i've turned my back on the big rallies. lets face it its the same vendors selling the same chit at each rally year after year after year.

like yourself my time off is comes in limited qunatities. after MV05 i made the decison to spend it with my CVO family and avoid the big rallies. avoid the traffic issues. avoid the over priced beer, avoid amature hour ( drunk kids on fast bikes )

instead i'm traveling to places i have never been nad meet people for this site. some i have already met others i meet for the first time. but its always a group i know i will have a good time with

Hey! Neil
I couldn't have said it better, it's all priority [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Don...........

harleydiva

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2007, 10:06:42 AM »

I wish..........I could just do whatever the hell I wanna do.  Nothing would be better than to have six Saturdays and one Sunday every week.  Wouldn't that be nice?  WOW!
It's that time of year.  I start getting all these emails.  Let's go to Hot Springs.  Let's go to Sturgis.  Let's go to Little Sturgis. Let's go to Black Creek.  Let's go to Thunder Beach, Daytona Bike Week, Biketoberfest, Laconia, Rolling Thunder, Tail of the Dragon, Maggie Valley...............you know the drill.  But like everyone else around here, the only reason I can enjoy riding is I work for a living....which inevitably means I gotta pick and choose where we go this year.  The time is coming tho'......where we will do it all.  It won't be long, but for this year, Renea and I have some difficult choices to make.  I'm half tempted to sell our Talladega tickets just so we can do something different this year, yet still retain ticket rights for next year......forego our damn near ritualistic annual Labor Trip to Robbinsville just so we can do something else.  Just today a guy in my company who works on a different program shot me one of those Sturgis emails.............and it sounds good, but Sturgis happens right smack dab at the very beginning of a new school term and that term is gonna be a rough one.  So, I've got some quantitative analysis to do...........and fast.  [highlight]I'll be glad when I can just throw caution to the wind and just get the f**k out of Dodge at a moment's notice.[/highlight]

I couldn't have said it better.  Terry and I are also fretting because we can't go to every rally or get together.  Hopefully by the time we retire and can travel whenever we want, there won't be a need for chrome walking sticks.   ;D

harleydiva

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2007, 10:11:01 AM »

i used to do laconia every year. and do a week long trip with the wife usually into canada. we've been to Quebec city, PEI, Nova Scotia, and back to QC a couple more times

then this site changed all of that. after attending Maggie Valley in the spring of 05 i've turned my back on the big rallies. lets face it its the same vendors selling the same chit at each rally year after year after year.

like yourself my [highlight]time off is comes in limited qunatities[/highlight]. after MV05 i made the decison to [highlight]spend it with my CVO family and avoid the big rallies[/highlight]. avoid the traffic issues. avoid the over priced beer, avoid amature hour ( drunk kids on fast bikes )

instead i'm traveling to places i have never been nad meet people for this site. some i have already met others i meet for the first time. [highlight]but its always a group i know i will have a good time with[/highlight]

Terry and I haven't been to any of the big rallies since we've only been riding since May.  However, after attending Maggie Valley and also meeting some of our CVO friends on the weekends for rides, the allure of the big rallies is not so great.  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 25 queries.