Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Recent Harley Advisory Panel  (Read 14900 times)

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
Re: Recent Harley Advisory Panel
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2015, 08:07:29 PM »

And you'll probably have to have the dealer install it as Digital Technician must be used to complete the process.   :2vrolijk_21:

That would be the case only if the bike has the optional Jiffy Stand Transmission in Neutral Safety Starting Software Relay  --- which of course would be easily configured through your infotainment system user interface --- so as to prevent accidental forward motion under power whilst the jiffy stand is deployed.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2015, 09:01:10 PM »

Never used to give the jiffy stand any attention, just fixed it when a problem arose.  Now the HD locking kickstand is on my service checklist. Try it.

As far as the focus group question............never mind.  :drink:

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2015, 11:02:49 PM »

Dave, different strokes for different. I like the fact that turn signals were removed from rear fenders. I never saw a need for them. I always thought they should be in the tourpak as it is taller. My SERG didn't have bullitt turn signals and I thought it looked a lot better as well.

ChopperPilot

• 1K CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2023 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2020 FLHXSE (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2014 FXSBSE (Sold)
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2015, 09:03:19 AM »

I thought the survey question was a joke!

Maybe, they are planning a non-locking stand in order to sell you a Screamin Eagle locking stand for $400?
2023 CVO Street Glide
Whiskey Neat
Khrome Werks Duals

2019 Heritage Classic 114 Special
Silver Flux and Black Fuse
Rinehart 2 into 1 Pipe
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand and Blaze Orange
Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 Pipes
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2015, 10:57:59 AM »

Maybe, they are planning a non-locking stand in order to sell you a Screamin Eagle locking stand for $400?

I doubt it's a joke.  The more likely situation is that one of the young eager engineers has been tasked with finding cost savings, and he latched onto the multiple pieces of the jiffy stand as a good target without having a single clue as to the actual importance of the locking feature.

You may rest assured if they ignore all the negative comments and make the change anyway that they will offer an upgrade kit in the catalog so you can pay extra to regain the function they took away.  Personally, I would hope they would redesign the current sloppy locking mechanism to make it more secure and confidence inspiring, not eliminate it.  Maybe they should look at how they've done it for ages on the Dyna line; much simpler and less expensive design that I found to be more confidence inspiring that the Touring version.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2015, 11:14:55 AM »

I doubt it's a joke.  The more likely situation is that one of the young eager engineers has been tasked with finding cost savings, and he latched onto the multiple pieces of the jiffy stand as a good target without having a single clue as to the actual importance of the locking feature.

You may rest assured if they ignore all the negative comments and make the change anyway that they will offer an upgrade kit in the catalog so you can pay extra to regain the function they took away.  Personally, I would hope they would redesign the current sloppy locking mechanism to make it more secure and confidence inspiring, not eliminate it.  Maybe they should look at how they've done it for ages on the Dyna line; much simpler and less expensive design that I found to be more confidence inspiring that the Touring version.

Jerry

I join you in your optamism about what they're up to with the jiffy stand Jerry.  :P

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2015, 11:35:29 AM »

You doubled the price.....it was 'just' $199.99 a few posts ago.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 11:48:32 AM by dayne66 »
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2015, 11:43:38 AM »

My wife's first bike was a Kawasaki Vulcan 750.  It did not have a locking kickstand.  She often parked it on our slightly inclined driveway in neutral, which worked fine until I added a windshield to her bike.  The first time she parked it on our driveway (in neutral) with the windshield was the last time.  A wind gust caught by the windshield rolled the bike just far enough forward that it tumbled over.    :(

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2015, 12:38:01 PM »

You doubled the price.....it was 'just' $199.99 a few posts ago.

That's how the MoCo does it. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

windjammer

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTSSE2 sold
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2015, 02:35:23 PM »

Same thing happened to the licking gas cap-fender lights-saddlebag rails-bumpers-need I go on?

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2015, 05:49:10 PM »

Same thing happened to the licking gas cap-fender lights-saddlebag rails-bumpers-need I go on?
Passenger grab rail also. 

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2015, 09:00:19 PM »

Dave, different strokes for different. I like the fact that turn signals were removed from rear fenders. I never saw a need for them. I always thought they should be in the tourpak as it is taller. My SERG didn't have bullitt turn signals and I thought it looked a lot better as well.
My SERG did not have bullet signals, nor does my SERK as they are not needed as they are built into the fender skirts with the tail / running lights.

On my SERGU the bullet signals are needed as my tour pack is quick detach and off the bike a lot when not on a trip.  Also having the bullet signals gives you a good way to mount a plate when the tour pack is on or off, that does not look ugly with the tour pac off.   Attached a picture to show you it's important to me and several others I know.  Tour pack is on in the picture, but its often off.  With out the bullets there is no place good to mount a plate, and you would have to put signals on the bag.  Or do the 900 plus paint and do a SERG rear fender and lights.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2015, 07:40:38 AM »

They took the electra glide, removed the tourpak, and the street glide was born. Willie G took credit for this. 2006 first year didn't do so well. Innovative.  :drink:

TN

I just figured out the drink emoji...............it's drinking the kool aid     :drink: :drink:    I've drank my fair share.
Wut the hell was that maneuver

BDMastiff

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2015, 09:05:35 AM »

Interesting topic.  Last year I purchased the EZ-Up center stand (which is a good product); however,  I removed it from my bike after 3 rides as it lowered my ground clearance and I was constantly bottoming out and scraping the "foot bar" on turns.  The locking kick stand is a solid product and MOCO should leave it alone.  It may be the only part of my bike that I've never had to worry about fixing, tweaking or changing.  Just my .02 cents.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2015, 10:34:34 AM »

Willie G did take credit for the Street Glide and he readily admitted that the concept came directly from the 04 and 05 CVO SEEG.  People were removing tour packs from Ultra Classic for years before that.

Dipstick I had the center stand on my 89 Ultra Classic.  Constantly dragging and/or high center on speed bumps, driveways, etc.  It does lower your lean angle also.  I'll stay with the locking kickstand as I've had on many, many bikes over the years.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 10:37:53 AM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 21 queries.