Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Racing At VIR  (Read 887 times)

magic-rat

• Full CVO Member
    • Magic Rat Productions
Racing At VIR
« on: June 27, 2007, 12:32:01 AM »

I'm making a documentary video of two "club racer" friends this year.  They race with the Championship Cup Series (CCS).

This weekend we were at Virginia International Raceway (VIR).

We camp out at the track to save money.  My job is the filming, helping get the bikes ready, handing tools to the crew chief, cleaning up after dinner, etc.

As I was shooting this weekend, I noticed an abnormally large (guys from Canada, even) presence for Buell (Harley-Davidson) ... and I thought of you guys on this board.  I'm gonna make you a video of what I saw sometime in the next few days.  It was pretty impressive ... and the Buell guys from Canada did really, really well.

Here's some footage of Chris Cooke (the guy I'm making the movie of).  I mounted my cam on his bike (rearward facing).

Last race of the day on Saturday, 23 JUN ... VIR North Course. Here's the whole race.

You'll see a guy ride off track on the first lap ... and the end is really good; Chris and another guy (on a built bike) are battling it out and the guy does a classic "slingshot" 3 feet from the finish line ... beating our guy Chris.  We were all right there going nuts.  Unbelievable.

Chris beat the guy in the next race.

Some decent shots of the Amatuer class folks, I thought.

http://www.magicratproductions.com/Pix/FLV...ace9/Race9.html

More in a few days ...
-- Rat

"Ride to the sound of the guns."

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 24 queries.