Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: new 2008 models  (Read 24563 times)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: new 2008 models
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2007, 11:58:28 AM »

chopper looks cool :drink:

What chopper?

:nixweiss:

I hope thats not what they call a chopper!

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2007, 12:05:15 PM »

What chopper?

I hope thats not what they call a chopper!

They needed something to replace the Deuce w/.

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2007, 12:06:48 PM »

I kinda like the big right angle breather on the Springer, as standard.  I am thinking that the ABS set up is prolly HUGE because they are not including it on the nakid bikes.

Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2007, 12:07:55 PM »

you guys are right its just  a Deuce with a weird tail lol. Still i think it may be fun to ride. :drink:
Ridin Legend

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2007, 12:10:31 PM »

They needed something to replace the Deuce w/.

Your right!

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2007, 12:12:15 PM »

At first glance the Ultra & SE Ultra are not much different from appearences. At least w/ the leather TP you knew it was a SE even if you didn't like the looks.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2007, 12:14:30 PM »

At first glance the Ultra & SE Ultra are not much different from appearences. At least w/ the leather TP you knew it was a SE even if you didn't like the looks.

Hey AJ. Let's keep ours.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2007, 12:14:57 PM »

OH. you mean the pleather tour pak :nixweiss:
Give me fiberglass and paint any day!

:2vrolijk_21:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2007, 12:16:22 PM »

Interesting A/C on the Springer.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2007, 12:16:34 PM »

I'm safe! No Black SERK's anymore!. Even with the 6 Gal Tanks and ABS. I'm safe!!! ;) Hoist! 8)

I just got a chance to look at all the new info.  Though thanks to a benevolent d00d and text messaging I heard about the ABS an hour or so ago.

That Buell that Chip nearly had a potty accident over looks really impressive on paper.  The 08 CVO paint shemes are (to me) kind of underwhelming again though. 

The pics often lie about how good they look in person.  But the red Ultra (as much as I like red ones) was pretty been-there-done-that plain and not even all that attractive.  The white Ultra is an even blander version of the red one.  The copper bike was the best looking of the bunch but even it is something of a rehash of a paint set they released to the public jsut a few months ago. 

Road Kings seem a bit better.  The blue one didn't do anything for me at all in the pictures.  The copper again isn't at all bad.  The black and silver isn't bad either.  Though I wish it seemed to "pop" a bit more.  A bit more punch in the line up would have been nice.

Not much new in accessories either.  The ABS interest that was supposed to show up on so many models was about as accurate as all the other wild ass guesses (now I'm going for the 09 Servicar).  ABS as an option is a step in the right direction though.  Having it standard on the SE Road King will mean we can at least see the package installed somewhere too.

Hope everyone else was less underwhelmed with the new offerings than I was.  Some nice stuff.  But nothing I got at all excited about (in the SE or the standard lines).  Seems like Harley is just marking time again another year.

To those that love the new ones and get something congratulations.  What each person likes is always the most important thing.  The red bike still floats my boat though.  Another year another reason not to be tempted  :2vrolijk_21: .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2007, 12:18:43 PM »

Saw that the leather pack was dumped.  At least guys will have a bit more room and color again.  With the paint schemes being generally stock-ish in appearance it does make them harder to distinguish from the standard model lines though.  There have been standard line models in years prior with every bit as much flash as the red and white current year CVO bikes seem to have in their photos.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2007, 12:19:26 PM »

Your right!

Chip, which won't you be able to live without?  The silver/black Road King or that little Buell rocket ship?

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2007, 12:19:38 PM »

Except for curiosity about the ABS, not much new.

That tour pack, from the side, does not go with the overall stripe paint scheme.  Its bland.

Not sure if that is gold leaf in that gold stripe on the copper/black bike.  Weird looking color combo. Must look better in person.

Rocker from first glance appears to be disappointing, from what I had heard it was supposed to be.  Deuce with a jump seat?

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2007, 12:19:44 PM »

I just got a chance to look at all the new info.  Though thanks to a benevolent d00d and text messaging I heard about the ABS an hour or so ago.

That Buell that Chip nearly had a potty accident over looks really impressive on paper.  The 08 CVO paint shemes are (to me) kind of underwhelming again though. 

The pics often lie about how good they look in person.  But the red Ultra (as much as I like red ones) was pretty been-there-done-that plain and not even all that attractive.  The white Ultra is an even blander version of the red one.  The copper bike was the best looking of the bunch but even it is something of a rehash of a paint set they released to the public jsut a few months ago. 

Road Kings seem a bit better.  The blue one didn't do anything for me at all in the pictures.  The copper again isn't at all bad.  The black and silver isn't bad either.  Though I wish it seemed to "pop" a bit more.  A bit more punch in the line up would have been nice.

Not much new in accessories either.  The ABS interest that was supposed to show up on so many models was about as accurate as all the other wild ass guesses (now I'm going for the 09 Servicar).  ABS as an option is a step in the right direction though.  Having it standard on the SE Road King will mean we can at least see the package installed somewhere too.

Hope everyone else was less underwhelmed with the new offerings than I was.  Some nice stuff.  But nothing I got at all excited about (in the SE or the standard lines).  Seems like Harley is just marking time again another year.

To those that love the new ones and get something congratulations.  What each person likes is always the most important thing.  The red bike still floats my boat though.  Another year another reason not to be tempted  :2vrolijk_21: .

So Don, ho long until you have remote operated saddlebag locks installed?  ;D

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2007, 12:22:49 PM »

SEUC³ w/ 105th treatment
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.