Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Dakar Rally Canceled  (Read 7239 times)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Dakar Rally Canceled
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2008, 10:58:28 AM »

They should just mix in some humvee's with the racers! Some 50 cal and a few TOW missiles should take care of things.

This sucks, I love watching the huge trucks make this run!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2008, 05:07:33 PM »

Well, BB, you had me on the edge of the pew......until you lapsed back into the 'status quo'.  Dang, i was right wringing ready to join up again.  >:( :confused5:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 06:58:21 PM »

I said some stuff!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2008, 07:05:07 PM »

Go back to the Old Days. Manifest Destiny. We need the oil, we take it! Put an American Flag on every oil well, and gas is a buck a gal next week! Put Israel in charge of the whole Middle East, just to piss 'em off. Go ahead, F with us again! Why do we put up with this political BS. Does the strongest in the world really GAS what other people think! F 'em! What happened to those days! :o ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2008, 08:36:56 PM »

Go back to the Old Days. Manifest Destiny. We need the oil, we take it! Put an American Flag on every oil well, and gas is a buck a gal next week! Put Israel in charge of the whole Middle East, just to piss 'em off. Go ahead, F with us again! Why do we put up with this political BS. Does the strongest in the world really GAS what other people think! F 'em! What happened to those days! :o ;)

Hoist! 8)
Think China won't take the oil by force if it is needed. Given their rate of growth, both economic & populous, I fear that that may just happen.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2008, 10:12:12 PM »

Aye there's the rub
I just hope our young people will be up to the task when the time comes!!!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2008, 10:18:37 PM »

...Howie, kinda like we did with the Native Americans in North America?

In addition, does anyone here honestly think we could possibly wage even a "limited" (whatever that means) nuclear attack anywhere in the world, and not suffer unimaginable consequences not only globally, but here in this country?  

For God's sake, people, THINK about what you are saying...eradication of a race because of their religious beliefs has alread been tried once, by a manical leader named Adolf Hitler.  Do we REALLY want to go down that road?  Don't you think there has been enough murder, rape, terrorism, and general mayhem in the name of RELIGION historically?

There are a miriad of reasons people grasp one belief system over another, and none of them are simplistic, and most of us cannot even begin to relate or understand them.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2008, 10:31:10 PM »

In addition, does anyone here honestly think we could possibly wage even a "limited" (whatever that means) nuclear attack anywhere in the world, and not suffer unimaginable consequences not only globally, but here in this country?  

For God's sake, people, THINK about what you are saying...eradication of a race because of their religious beliefs has alread been tried once, by a manical leader named Adolf Hitler.  Do we REALLY want to go down that road?  Don't you think there has been enough murder, rape, terrorism, and general mayhem in the name of RELIGION historically?

There are a miriad of reasons people grasp one belief system over another, and none of them are simplistic, and most of us cannot even begin to relate or understand them.
Terry, while I think you may be goin' a little far in terms of "nuclear war" and "race eradication" I have to say that after personally operating in the Middle East prior to 24 hr news mind games, I feel very confident in saying that there are more Americans (some of my friends and family included) that DO NOT understand the threat than I care to see. This is a threat (religious extremism) that is more fierce than anything our generation has ever had to deal with. It is my opinion that it has come to this, in part, because of our politically correct culture. Those people do not rationalize anything like we do, hence how are we expected to get it?

This problem has to be delt with. We cannot bury our heads in the sand, and rely on the fact that we are sandwiched between two bodies of water to keep us safe!!!

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2008, 10:48:31 PM »

Terry, while I think you may be goin' a little far in terms of "nuclear war" and "race eradication" I have to say that after personally operating in the Middle East prior to 24 hr news mind games, I feel very confident in saying that there are more Americans (some of my friends and family included) that DO NOT understand the threat than I care to see. This is a threat (religious extremism) that is more fierce than anything our generation has ever had to deal with. It is my opinion that it has come to this, in part, because of our politically correct culture. Those people do not rationalize anything like we do, hence how are we expected to get it?

This problem has to be delt with. We cannot bury our heads in the sand, and rely on the fact that we are sandwiched between two bodies of water to keep us safe!!!

Howie...I'm referring to posts in this thread, and others, which are proposing "parking lots", and lumping all believers in a particular faith into the same pile as fanatics.  We have religious extremists right here in this country who have bombed and murdered innocent people in the name of "God" and their set of beliefs.  And they are supposed "Christians".  So, by default, those of us who do not agree with their beliefs should lump ALL Christians with them.  I think not.

This an extremely complicated situation, and a "shoot from the hip" mentality will offer no solutions, but IMO, only serve to galvanize/solidify those who do not agree with our belief systems and way of life.  It gives them a focal point, which every "cause" needs.  We cannot solve this problem alone...the costs are too great, both in human life, and in economics. 

TTS Mastertune

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2008, 11:07:28 PM »

Howie...I'm referring to posts in this thread, and others, which are proposing "parking lots", and lumping all believers in a particular faith into the same pile as fanatics.  We have religious extremists right here in this country who have bombed and murdered innocent people in the name of "God" and their set of beliefs.  And they are supposed "Christians".  So, by default, those of us who do not agree with their beliefs should lump ALL Christians with them.  I think not.

This an extremely complicated situation, and a "shoot from the hip" mentality will offer no solutions, but IMO, only serve to galvanize/solidify those who do not agree with our belief systems and way of life.  It gives them a focal point, which every "cause" needs.  We cannot solve this problem alone...the costs are too great, both in human life, and in economics. 
I knew what you were referring to Terry, but I wonder what your position would be if Bham was located in between Afganistan and Pakistan. As bad as the A-hole extremists right here in this country are - they are childs play in comparison. Actually there is no logical comparison.

I agree with you that it is more complicated than we sometimes try to make it out to be. However, I know that from my personal standpoint, both in the military as well as an American residing in New York State, I have to admit that I would like an opportunity for a little payback. Although I'll be 41 Saturday, I would gladly volunteer to fight the jihadists if called up to help my brothers and sisters. Gladly!!!!

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2008, 12:52:26 AM »

You know, I'm tired of this kind of statement, and I am of partial Native American descent. I was conservative, but have changed to independent libertarian - as such I now can embrace evolution.....you know survival of the fittest. Well, the Native Americans kinda blew it, they had the home field advantage and waited too long to defend what was theirs as an invasion of illegal immigrants crossed their borders. They tried to "Just get along" and instead they just got taken over and used....kinda sounds familiar...

Don't you think there has been enough murder, rape, terrorism, and general mayhem in the name of RELIGION historically?

Yep, and from Africa to the former Soviet Union, to South East Asia one religion is still committing murder, rape, and terrorism today. Should we find a way to punish the Romans for past crimes - or should we deal with the problem at hand?  

Some info and opinions....

This "Religion" asserts that democracy is an enemy of Islam because Sharia Law is the only law and that requires an Islamic state, Islamic government. SO now we find that a "threat" from the Al-Qaeda Organisation in the Islamic Maghreb has resulted in the cancellation of an international event.  What will this accomplish?? it will make them believe they've triumphed over all the security measures taken by Portugal, Morocco, Mauritania and Senegal combined.

This threat carries weight as result of a December 24th attack on french tourists having a roadside picnic in Mauritania. The three gunmen fired at the French family group as they picnicked alongside a road about 150 miles southeast of the capital of Nouakchott on Monday, killing four of them and wounding a fifth. The 73-year-old survivor was shot in the leg; he was evacuated to Lyon, France, today by private plane and is in stable condition. His two adult sons, his brother and a family friend were killed. The suspects belong to the Al-Qaeda Organisation in the Islamic Maghreb, and follows a September statement by al-Qaida's second in command, he urged North African Muslims to "cleanse" their land of Spaniards and French.

So, what do we do when they threaten to attack the Olympics?? Or the Superbowl??

I don't have an answer, I fear there isn't one...our world is becoming so politically correct and their world is completely opposite - very fundamentalist. That spells no will on our part to stand for much, and for them not only to stand for their belief - but kill and die for it.

2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2008, 01:59:22 AM »

In this day and age it is so easy to forget.  Have you Forgotten?

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/346342/have_you_forgotten/

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2008, 05:24:08 AM »

In this day and age it is so easy to forget.  Have you Forgotten?

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/346342/have_you_forgotten/
No, the scars are still very visable.
It still hurts very much.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2008, 08:23:20 AM »

I for one have certainly not forgotten what was done in NYC, nor have I forgotten who was responsible for those acts.  Last time I checked, Bin Laden was alive and well, at least as far as I know.  Instead, our agression/retaliation and resources became focused elsewhere, where we have succeeded in DE-stabilizing the country and provided a breeding/training ground for the very thing for which we were attempting to gain retribution.  Again, we have provided a focal point for the world's extremists.  Do not misinterpret my meaning...the brave men and women who face death every day in that undeclared and unsanctioned "war on terroists" (Iraq) should be admired...but Iraq was NOT a threat to the US, or any other country at that time.  Rather, our present political leadership capitalized on the emotional state of the country at that time, fed us lies, and got the American people to support a poorly planned effort to impose our will.  The military battle has long since been won there...what are we doing now?  Winning some battles, but not the war, and trying to figure out a way to extricate ourselves from a brown Vietnam.  We had world support for our actions against those who were responsible for the atrocity in NYC...our political leadership has managed to squander that support.  We, as a county, CANNOT do this alone, politically correct, or not.

Regarding Native Americans...what chance did they have with rocks and arrows against guns and cannons?  That's all that needs to be said about that.  It was wrong, but it's done.

I do not have a solution to extremeism...frankly, I don't think there IS a solution for stopping people who are willing to blow themselves up.  What I do know is that nuking them is NOT an option.  Covert actions against extremeist leadership MIGHT be one possible answer, but a temporary one, at best.  Attempts to take over entire countries is simply not feasible, as is being proven every day.

Once again, there are no simplistic solutions to very complex problems.  That is all I have to say on this subject.

TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2008, 08:46:30 AM »

Never said anything about nuking. With our power and technology, we can take over anything we want, anytime we want, and leave most of it intact. We have the ability to strike such fear into anyone we want, that they'll never think of messing with us again. Taking over the oil fields in the ME should'a been done a long time ago. Now as Howie stated, we need to fear China doing the same. It'll have been too late. But it's still not too late for us.

As I've lost friends at the WTC, and have had to live thru what these MF's have caused first-hand, I have no sympathy or compassion for anyway we need to take care of business. The only way to prevent these atrocities is to strike so much fear into these people that they'd really never think about trying anything to us again. No one would!

Ceej is  right though "our world is becoming so politically correct and their world is completely opposite". We need to forget about political correctness, stop worrying about what others will think, and take care of business!

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 21 queries.