Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: BUSHTEC trailer choice  (Read 26361 times)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
BUSHTEC trailer choice
« on: May 28, 2008, 09:17:34 AM »

Model & Color considerations...

Roadstar - smaller but retro look...is the Anniversary Ultra retro looking?
Turbo +2 - Traditional with some sharp edges
Quantum Grand Touring - Smoother lines overall

Colormatch - always looks amazing
Black - Would match one of the colors of the bike and be more versatile...I have had a new Dresser every 2 years since 2004.

Let me know your thoughts.
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: BUSHTEC trailer choice
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 09:26:23 AM »

Bill,

We got the Quantum Sport. I think that's what you mean by Quantum GT. The Quantum GL is modeled to match the Gold Wing. We liked the Sport because it was a bit more rounded than the Turbo II+.

Of course painting to match the bike looks nice, which is why we did it, but one comment I heard this weekend is that the trailer will probably last you through 3 bikes so if you color match, you need to be prepared to repaint when switching bikes.

Regardless of which one you choose, you'll love it and wonder how you ever managed to get by without it.

You won't regret it.

:indian_chief:

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 09:50:54 AM »

Model & Color considerations...

Roadstar - smaller but retro look...is the Anniversary Ultra retro looking?
Turbo +2 - Traditional with some sharp edges
Quantum Grand Touring - Smoother lines overall

Colormatch - always looks amazing
Black - Would match one of the colors of the bike and be more versatile...I have had a new Dresser every 2 years since 2004.Let me know your thoughts.

I have had the Quantum GL since 2002 in Black (Black goes with everthing If you change bikes often or have more than one you really don't have to go to the extra expense of having it painted to match. If you are tinking of buying it new you can swap out the wheels for chrome or Billet at a real cost saving.

The bustech trailers all have the same suspension only real difference is body style and capacity Cubic feet of storage, I had a Turbo but traded it 02 for the GL just because the rear tail lights and the spoiler Matched my BLACK GL at that time and my 01 Black Ultra. Now it rides behind my White GL and my Autumn Haze. It does the job and I can live without two color matched trailers as it carries more than everthing we need on a trip.

Which ever model or color you choose John Preston and his crew will not dissappoint you before or after the sale.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 10:00:21 AM »

GT is fror Grand Touring and includes the Bells & Whistles I would have ordered...

Bill,

We got the Quantum Sport. I think that's what you mean by Quantum GT. The Quantum GL is modeled to match the Gold Wing. We liked the Sport because it was a bit more rounded than the Turbo II+.

Of course painting to match the bike looks nice, which is why we did it, but one comment I heard this weekend is that the trailer will probably last you through 3 bikes so if you color match, you need to be prepared to repaint when switching bikes.

Regardless of which one you choose, you'll love it and wonder how you ever managed to get by without it.

You won't regret it.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 10:15:14 AM »

GT is fror Grand Touring and includes the Bells & Whistles I would have ordered...

You're correct. I just checked our literature and Quantum GT is what we got. I was thinking it was Quantum Sport vs Quantum GL but I see that ain't so.

This past weekend a lot of people wanted to look inside and were amazed with how nice it was.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 10:55:14 AM »

Bill, you can't go wrong with any choice.  I've had two Turbo +2s and personally like them because of the angular look.  It seems to match up with the saddlebags and (in your case) the king tour pak a little better to my eye than the more rounded Quantum.  But beauty is in the eye of the beholder and in any case you will be most pleased with a Bushtec.

It is a family operation and they really take customer service / satisfaction very seriously. 

Jerry

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 10:55:44 AM »

Bill,

I really like my Turbo 2+ --- I bought the black one since it would probably match any other bike I might buy in the future.

I did opt for the roof rack -  you can put up to 75LB on it (think big bag for jackets, rain gear, sleeping bags, pillows, or other bulky stuff).

The Turbo 2 is a little lighter than the quantum but almost the same size.  

You may want to consider getting the Street Glide tail piece with light to cover up the hitch -- it is black and would match.  You can also buy plugs for the street glide antenna holes that are in the tail piece.  In addition, you may want to order the LED tail lights for either trailer you choose -- they are much brighter than stock and draw less power.

If you want the trailer quick and you decide on not getting matching paint - you can order one from Rod's Power Sports http://www.rodspowersports.com/   They keep large supply of Bushtecs in stock and all the accessories. (Same warranty and price as Bushtec).   The Buchtec guys were backed up and couldn't ship one to me in time to go to Sedona - Rod's shipped mine the same day I called.

You will not believe how well a fully loaded Bushtec rides  --  you'll have plenty of room for all of Anne's hats!

Mark

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 11:01:35 AM »

Thanks Mark, Jerry!

Well, i should just remove three choices since Anne has decided that it must be Colormatched!  I tried to explain the versatility of a black one but to no avail...

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 11:04:09 AM »

I had the same decision to make just recently. Which is more important to you, form or function? Every matching Bushtec I've seen twisted my stomach in knots because I wanted one so bad but I've never gotten that feeling when I saw a plain black, red or white. Admit it or not, most of us are into form or we would not be slapping down 35+ for a bike when we could get twice the function for 1/2 the price. I went with the matching paint only because you only live once and you deserve it.  :2vrolijk_21: I don't want to say I'll never get rid of my banana but at this time I don't see me parting with it. Plus, a repaint would be less than a 6 speed. ;D ;D

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 11:08:56 AM »

Thanks Mark, Jerry!

Well, i should just remove three choices since Anne has decided that it must be Colormatched!  I tried to explain the versatility of a black one but to no avail...
Versatility really does not enter into the equation.  Otherwise you'd have a regular black Ultra.  Very smart lady and you should do what she says.  Like MJZ said, if you've got a color matched unit it'll draw admirers like flys to honey.  You do want to show off now don't you?

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 11:14:59 AM »

Bill, are you mounting the hat racks on top or inside?

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 11:22:31 AM »

I think it will be the hat rack!

Bill, are you mounting the hat racks on top or inside?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 11:30:58 AM »

Interesting poll.  

I used to have a Turbo +2 and you'd be amazed at the load that you can put in it.  Back in the days when I'd still camp on the ground, I'd have a dome tent, air mattress, air compressor, lawn chairs, lantern, stove, spare tire, clothes, toiletries, spare tire/wheel, sleeping bags......just about everything I'd need for the trip.  The only think I'd have on the bike would be the standard tools and our leathers...everything else went into the trailer to lessen the load on the back of the bike.

The only thing you'll really notice is the stopping distance for the weight that you're pulling.  Other than that, pulling a Bushtec is just not an issue.  You'll be glad that you got one Bill.....so will the wife. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 12:25:06 PM »

Thanks JC!  It would be nice to actually carry a leather jacket on a trip...we have been getting by with raingear over heated liners!

After 13 Votes...the Roadstar has not left the starting line...Turbo+2 leads by a nose through the first furlong...

In the second race Colormatched leads Black by 5 lengths...

Interesting poll.  

I used to have a Turbo +2 and you'd be amazed at the load that you can put in it.  Back in the days when I'd still camp on the ground, I'd have a dome tent, air mattress, air compressor, lawn chairs, lantern, stove, spare tire, clothes, toiletries, spare tire/wheel, sleeping bags......just about everything I'd need for the trip.  The only think I'd have on the bike would be the standard tools and our leathers...everything else went into the trailer to lessen the load on the back of the bike.

The only thing you'll really notice is the stopping distance for the weight that you're pulling.  Other than that, pulling a Bushtec is just not an issue.  You'll be glad that you got one Bill.....so will the wife. :2vrolijk_21:

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 01:12:48 PM »

Thanks Mark, Jerry!

Happy Wife, Happy Life!   Definitely go with the color matched -- just get on the horn now with Bushtec if you want a chance to get it before Maggie Valley.

Mark

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 20 queries.