Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Transition of Terrie's 09 Street Glide......  (Read 48403 times)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
Re: Transition of Terrie's 09 Street Glide......
« Reply #180 on: May 25, 2010, 10:51:44 PM »

Thanks a bunch guys.

Believe it or not, thanks to ebay, Terrie's bike has cost a whole lot less to get it where it's at than mine has cost to get it where it's at........mainly due to the purchase price to start with and a couple of lucky purchases.  And, her bike always gets all the attention......other CVO owners of this forum can attest to that. :nixweiss:

Yes we believe it and Thank GOD for it! 

As to her bike getting "attention", don't worry about the bike...Focus upon her as I know you do!  You are both lucky to have each other and I know you appreciate that fact!

I know you both do!

:2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #181 on: February 14, 2012, 12:02:14 PM »

We recently had Jim put in the Screamin Eagle clutch along with the Screamin Eagle pressure plate.  Jim thought the pressure might be to much for Terrie.

She was fine with it in normal riding however, she didn't feel like she had the infinate control in the slow speed manuvers (U-turns, etc.) that requre feathering the clutch, that she'd like to have......especially at the end of a long day in the saddle.

After reading Kuryakn's web site about the Trigger Levers, decided to try those on her bike.....   http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/115/Trigger-Levers  She knew by the time we got back to Elk Grove that those did the trick however, I stayed in neutral and thought to myself "we'll wait until she's spent all day in the mountains riding steep twisties, etc." before I pass judgement.  We've spent the past few weekends doing just that and she still feels the same way.......these things should be stock on every bike!

For those that have short fingers or for those that for what ever reason may have weaker pull strength, these may be for you.....

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/115/Trigger-Levers 
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

RidinRuby

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SEUC Ruby Red
« Reply #182 on: February 14, 2012, 06:50:24 PM »

We recently had Jim put in the Screamin Eagle clutch along with the Screamin Eagle pressure plate.  Jim thought the pressure might be to much for Terrie.

She was fine with it in normal riding however, she didn't feel like she had the infinate control in the slow speed manuvers (U-turns, etc.) that requre feathering the clutch, that she'd like to have......especially at the end of a long day in the saddle.

After reading Kuryakn's web site about the Trigger Levers, decided to try those on her bike.....   http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/115/Trigger-Levers  She knew by the time we got back to Elk Grove that those did the trick however, I stayed in neutral and thought to myself "we'll wait until she's spent all day in the mountains riding steep twisties, etc." before I pass judgement.  We've spent the past few weekends doing just that and she still feels the same way.......these things should be stock on every bike!

For those that have short fingers or for those that for what ever reason may have weaker pull strength, these may be for you.....

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/115/Trigger-Levers 

Too bad Kuryakyn doesn't make levers for hydraulic clutches, always wanted those silhouette ones  :(

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #183 on: February 14, 2012, 10:43:37 PM »

Too bad Kuryakyn doesn't make levers for hydraulic clutches, always wanted those silhouette ones  :(
I like the nekid lady ones.  ::) har.  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.