Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Building a Cargo / Camping Harley Hauler  (Read 9531 times)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

Re: Building a Cargo / Camping Harley Hauler
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2010, 02:59:21 PM »

I don't mind. The toilet, shower unit came from the pop-up. It has a seperate holding tank and water supply for the toilet. You can just pull it out and dump it (6 gallons) I put in a holding tank for the shower and sink. The fridge is on a 1500 watt  invertor. Be careful you get one that does NOT have ramp up technology.  Since the fridge has a compressor it takes a lot of current to start but not so much to run. I have 2 Gp. 27 deep cycling btys . I don't know how long they will keep the fridge going, but overnight is OK.
Nice looking rig.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

GETVRTCL

• http://harleyhauler.blogspot.com/

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Fat Bob
    • Harley Hauler
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2010, 09:11:09 PM »

Frame work for Fridge and Electrical system

Putting in the frame for the sink and the platform that will act as a area for the electrical inverter/converter/charger.  It will also raised the fridge up 16 inches.  This makes it easier to get in the fridge and allows for an area underneath it for a 20 gallon water tank, and all the electrical components.

When the cabinet under the sink is cut out the water pump and city water hookup will be easier to get at.

The platform for the fridge will end up being 3/4 plywood mainly because I have a sheet of it and I might as well use it, and the strength of it.  The fridge is quite heavy and when it is full of food it will be a heavy item bouncing around back there.  I am trying to come up with a good way to secure the fridge to the wall but am drawing a blank.  Thanks for any ideas.
Beirut, Lebanon  October 23, 1983  NEVER FORGET  SEMPER FI
Support Our Troops

USMC  1976-1986
LEO 1986-2005

GETVRTCL

• Harley Hauler
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2010, 09:13:10 PM »

Door Window install

I worked on cutting in the sliding window in the door.  The window is a medium tinted slider with a screen. 
As I said before this is nessary for us to have a clear look outside before exiting the Hauler, remember the whole Grizzly bear post, hear you go.

I layed the hole out on tape to keep from scratching the door.  When I was happy with the overall layout I cut the hole with a fine toothed jigsaw blade, this made for a nice clean cut.  I had a small bit of cleaning up to get the window frame in the hole tightly.  Overall this worked out better than I had thought it would.

The window has been sealed with silicone caulking and looks good.
Support Our Troops

USMC  1976-1986
LEO 1986-2005

GETVRTCL

• Harley Hauler
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2010, 09:20:38 PM »

30 amp Electrical connection

Today the weather still was not cooperating for outside tasks.  With that said I decided to cut in the shore power inlet and the water panel.  A 30 amp weather proof  plug was purchased from a Marine outlet.  Along with a 50 foot cord prewired with weatherproof ends.  To insure that the hole needed for the power inlet was in the correct place, I marked it from the inside on the wall of the trailer.  The water panel was marked the same way.  The water panel is lockable so noone can tamper with our water supply, and it had provisions for a city water hookup and a fill nozzle for the tank side.  The onboard water tank will follow but is only 20 gallons, which should be enough for 2 showers and some dishes.
Support Our Troops

USMC  1976-1986
LEO 1986-2005

tompen

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2010, 09:06:12 AM »

Still lookin great. For nthe fridge I attached a strap like a ratchet strap but with a spring release to the wall behind the fridge and use it to secure the fridge while moving and keep the door shut. It should have a 3/8 hole in the top for the freezer door. Not fancy, but works.

hogasm

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2010, 08:36:52 PM »

These might help

side view....has 17' awning
storage compartment on right side of door just over outside shower
plug for 110 on left side of door
light to left of door is 12v

hogasm

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2010, 08:42:26 PM »

view from rear

refrig is 3 way
oven and stove are gas
under oven is  gas water heater
exhaust fan is 12v
door enters into bath room
airconditioner and gas heater with 12v blower

all  came out of a slide in camper that the frame rotted and we purchased for $650

hogasm

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2010, 08:44:37 PM »

the dinette seat folds up so that the front tire on the right bike can be strapped in

hogasm

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2010, 08:45:36 PM »

Over the dinette is a set of cabinets where the 4 doors open and the whole front folds down for larger items

under the cabinets is a set of switches where one is 12v lighting and the other is 110 lighting

tompen

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2010, 08:51:23 PM »

Very nicely done. Kinda fun isn't it ?

hogasm

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2010, 08:52:07 PM »

toilet is a sea land porcelain toilet with a hand spray
I went with a regular height toilet so that I could build a small step up which allowed the black water tank to hold more and would be flush with the bottom of the trailer

The shower is to the right of the toilet. Could not get a good picture since it is white and the flash did not help. It is a 32"x32" acrylic shower base. The walls are sprayed with bed liner material for water proofing. The drain goes into a 50 gallon grey water tank under the floor and is also flush with the bottom of the frame rails of the trailer.

hogasm

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2010, 08:54:28 PM »

This is the electric panel which is both 12v and 110 with a battery charger built in

The water tank behind the door is a 40 gallon that is filled on the outside of the trailer.

hogasm

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2010, 08:57:29 PM »

Under the refrig and behind the 3 drawers is the 12v water pump

It is great to be on a week long trip and be able to take a shower on the side of the road...ha ha

hogasm

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2010, 09:00:19 PM »

The bed is home made from a regular queen size bed...welded together...and raised and lowered by a 12v motor, from a slide out that I purchased on ebay for $10

It is primitive but I only have $125 invested in the whole thing

hogasm

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2010, 09:03:26 PM »

Pic of the bed motor

all the parts came from a local store that was closing down, chains, piller blocks, sprockets.

I did make covers for all the moving parts out of oak....just never got around to installing them
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 24 queries.