Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21

Author Topic: Man Looking for Food Coast to Coast Run  (Read 19880 times)

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
Re: Man v. Food Coast to Coast Run
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 08:06:02 PM »

See you for dinner.  :smilie_koch1: :beerchug:  Looks like we need to blow out that highway anyway.  Doc

dustingaunder

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE in Spiced Rum
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 09:13:44 PM »

Sweet!  Looking forward to it!!  Not sure if the wifey has to work or not, but I know I'm off that Saturday. :D
2010 FLHXSE w/
Fullsac X-Pipe 'B'
2.0 Baffles
TTS Tune
Clearview 8" Smoke Recurve
Nice and Simple!

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 07:50:32 PM »

We ate at one of  those "Diners and Dives" in Carlsbad this afternoon and it was great. Tip Top Meats is the name of the place and I had beef ribs, mash potatoes, sauerkraut, roll, and salad for nine bucks...all big portions. If anyone is in the SoCal area this place is a must. This time a year the Flower Fields accross the street are in full bloom also.  Doc

http://tiptopmeats.com/
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 07:56:56 PM by grandpadoc »

AZ SESG

• '17 SESG Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black -- '02 SERK Candy/Brandywine *Gone but not forgotten*
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Formerly AZ SERK

• CVO1: '02 FLHRSEI / Sold
    • CVO2: '17 FLHXSE
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 08:32:04 PM »

Doc,
  As your itinerary comes together, let me know the approximate times you will be arriving in Las Vegas and Flagstaff.  It would be my pleasure to meet you and, just maybe, tag along for a bit of the ride.

If you are stopping in Flagstaff for lunch or dinner this DD&D is a must:
Salsa Brava
2220 East Route 66 (Santa Fe)
Flagstaff, Arizona 86004
Phone (928) 779-5293

I can tell you, from personal experience, they serve up some of the best Mexican food in the land.  < I'm a repeat offender >

The Pineapple-Habanero Salsa is out of this world!  It is one of many great salsa's featured at their Salsa Bar and, all of them are freshly made.
  The Navajo Tacos are fantastic.  And, the Carne Adovado is so delicious, it will make your tongue slap out your brains!
 < In my humble opinion >   :2vrolijk_21:

Here's hoping you have a safe and fulfilling trip!

All the best,
Charlie
Life is: Choices. Choose wisely.
"Ability + Commitment - Doubt = Reality"
IBA #42159

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 08:43:55 PM »

We ate at one of  those "Diners and Dives" in Carlsbad this afternoon and it was great. Tip Top Meats is the name of the place and I had beef ribs, mash potatoes, sauerkraut, roll, and salad for nine bucks...all big portions. If anyone is in the SoCal area this place is a must. This time a year the Flower Fields accross the street are in full bloom also.  Doc

http://tiptopmeats.com/
You can't go wrong eating at a Triple D endorsed place. I'm an avid watcher of the show and haven't seen one place they've been to that I wouldn't enjoy eating in. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

DJ56

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE (pumpkin)
    • CVO2: 05 FLHTCSE2 (two tone candy red)(2 of them)
    • CVO3: Not CVO; 07 Ultra Classic (black pearl)
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2010, 08:50:35 PM »

You can't go wrong eating at a Triple D endorsed place. I'm an avid watcher of the show and haven't seen one place they've been to that I wouldn't enjoy eating in. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

+1   :2vrolijk_21:

I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2010, 11:04:30 PM »

Here's hoping you have a safe and fulfilling trip!

All the best,
Charlie

Thanks Charlie, We should be in the neighborhood and settled by 7:00 pm. Looking forward to meeting you.  :pepper: :pepper:  Doc
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 11:06:20 PM by grandpadoc »

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVO™ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2010, 11:34:43 PM »

As you drive from Buffalo to Cleveland, you need to stop here in Erie PA, (it's on the Way).... We can have some Greek hot dogs or some great Lake Erie Perch.. and of course a beer or 2  :drink:
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2010, 11:40:03 PM »

As you drive from Buffalo to Cleveland, you need to stop here in Erie PA, (it's on the Way).... We can have some Greek hot dogs or some great Lake Erie Perch.. and of course a beer or 2  :drink:

Thanks George, You name the place and we will be there. I'm from Clevland and have lived in Erie, great area and am looking forward to seeing it again.
Doc

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2010, 08:20:24 AM »

In Albuquerque there's the Monte Carlo Steak house and Liquor store. The first time someone suggested i to me I drove over and didn't go in, looks just like a Liquor store in the front, but in the back is a great steak house and Greek diner. I think it's been on Dinners and Dives before.

3916 Central Ave SW
Albuquerque, NM

I like the Flying Star Cafe for breakfast.

3416 Central Ave SE
Albuquerque, NM

Also you can use City Search to look up places that you don't get a hit on. I aways search for locals favorites when I travel to an area I don't know.

http://albuquerque.citysearch.com/guide/albuquerque-nm

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2010, 08:25:34 AM »

Grandpadoc (Terry & Lou), Bubba Love (Keith) and another old friend of ours are planning on going (ride) cross country this summer and needed an agenda. I have been watching Man v. Food on the Travel Channel and have found a few interesting places to stop. Can any of you guys help with nailing down a few more stops or substitutions. We are looking for the best regional food along the way. If we can hook up I'll buy the first round.  :beerchug:   Doc

Man v. Food Coast to Coast Run

Wednesday  September 22       Lake Elsinore to Flagstaff, AZ                     467 miles
                                                                                           Salsa Brava, Flagstaff  :beerchug: with AZ SERK

Thurs-Friday   23-24                         Albuquerque, NM                            345 miles
                                                                                                                                Stockyards Cafe, Amarillo, TX

Saturday           25                          Oaklahoma City, OK                         564 miles
                                                                                                Cattleman's, OKC   :beerchug:  with dustingaunder    

Mean Pig, Cabot, AR  
Sunday             26                             Little Rock, AR                             348 miles
                                                                                                                                 Gus’s, Southaven, MS
Monday            27                              Memphis, TN                               140 miles
                                                                                                                                  Rendezvous, Memphis

Tuesday           28                              Nashville, TN                               212 miles

Wednesday      29-Oct 2                    Maggie Valley, NC                          272 miles

Sunday             Oct 3                         Washington, DC                           519 miles
                                                                                                                                  Geno’s and Pat’s
                                                                                                                                  Philadelphia, PA

Mon-Tues          4-5                            New York City                             229 miles

Katz’s Deli, NY
                                                                                                                          Louis’ Lunch, New Haven, CT

Wed-Thurs        6-7                             Salem, MA                                  237 miles

Albano’s Pizzeria, Cicero, Cicero, IL

Friday                8                                Buffalo, NY                                468 miles  
                                                                                                                                   Anchor Bar, Buffalo
                                                                                                                  Erie, PA for  :2vrolijk_09: with Georgehjr            

Sat-Sun             9-10                           Cleveland, OH                            185 miles

Mon-Tues         11-12                           Milwaukee, WI                            448 miles

Wednesday       13                                Omaha, NE                                 480 miles

Thursday           14                               Cheyenne, WY                            508 miles

Friday                 15                             Glenwood Springs, CO                   250 miles

Saturday            16                              Panguitch, UT                             435 miles

Sunday              17                               Las Vegas, NV                            297 miles

Monday              18                              Lake Elsinore, CA                         269 miles  

_________

7911 total miles                                      

Mi amigo.....I will be arriving Flagstaff on Sept 22 and staying there that night (riding the HOG Rally Route 66). Leaving next day to Kigman, AZ. It would be great to see you. I PM you my cel. see you there!!

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2010, 09:12:31 AM »

In Glenwood Springs I've been two places, Italian Under ground and Juice Lucy's Steak House, both were good, Lucy's is on the highend, but what steak houses aren't.

Italian Underground.
715 Grand Ave
Glenwood Springs, CO

Juice Lucy's
308 7th St
Glenwood Springs, CO
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 09:30:34 AM by Talon »

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2010, 09:41:12 AM »

Thanks George, You name the place and we will be there. I'm from Clevland and have lived in Erie, great area and am looking forward to seeing it again.
Doc

Terry, How do I NOT join you on this leg?  You're welcome to swing by Chateau de Jester on the way to freshen up before going to the Anchor Bar.  I live 17 or so miles east of the Anchor Bar so it's on the way.  I might be talked into riding to Erie with you.  Heck, maybe Murphy, Muffman, or Martys can join up from the Great White North at the Anchor Bar!
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2010, 11:01:49 AM »

Mi amigo.....I will be arriving Flagstaff on Sept 22 and staying there that night (riding the HOG Rally Route 66). Leaving next day to Kigman, AZ. It would be great to see you. I PM you my cel. see you there!!

Mi Amigo, what a great way to meet you. I guess I better make reservations now for a room somewhere.  Doc

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2010, 11:05:04 AM »

In Glenwood Springs I've been two places, Italian Under ground and Juice Lucy's Steak House, both were good, Lucy's is on the highend, but what steak houses aren't.

Thanks Talon, Are there any dives there for us poo folk ?   8)   Doc

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 21 queries.