Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21

Author Topic: Man Looking for Food Coast to Coast Run  (Read 19875 times)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Man v. Food Coast to Coast Run
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2010, 11:12:44 AM »

In Glenwood Springs I've been two places, Italian Under ground and Juice Lucy's Steak House, both were good, Lucy's is on the highend, but what steak houses aren't.

Thanks Talon, Are there any dives there for us poo folk ?   8)   Doc

There's plenty of places to eat in Glenwood, because of the hot springs is a tourist area, these are the only ones I remember eating at, don't remember where we ate breakfast when there, must have been just average. I don't think the Italian Underground was that expensive. You can check the City Search for some alternate places there is no one else comes up with any good suggestions.

Craig

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2010, 10:15:44 AM »

Mi Amigo, what a great way to meet you. I guess I better make reservations now for a room somewhere.  Doc

Mi amigo ...I will be staying that night here:

Days Inn Flagstaff I-40
2735 S Woodlands Village Blvd
I-40 & Woodlands Exit 195
Flagstaff, AZ 86001 US
Phone: 928-779-1575

Looking forward to see you there and have  :beerchug:

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2010, 06:25:34 PM »

We ate at one of  those "Diners and Dives" in Carlsbad this afternoon and it was great. Tip Top Meats is the name of the place and I had beef ribs, mash potatoes, sauerkraut, roll, and salad for nine bucks...all big portions. If anyone is in the SoCal area this place is a must. This time a year the Flower Fields accross the street are in full bloom also.  Doc

http://tiptopmeats.com/

here are some pics

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2010, 06:26:26 PM »

the Flower Fields

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2010, 09:49:54 PM »

What are you lookin' for in Nashville?  I assume dinner?  Waiting to stay downtown near the music bars or venture out near Franklin where the country stars live and play?

Supershooter

• Elite CVO Member
  • First Ride 03 FXDWG

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-sold
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2010, 10:28:58 PM »

I'd love an op to show you some great places between Milwuakee and Omaha, I have benn to California Taco in Omaha and its great. Let us know when you plan on getting a little closer.
Supershooter

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2010, 11:18:44 PM »

What are you lookin' for in Nashville?  I assume dinner?  Waiting to stay downtown near the music bars or venture out near Franklin where the country stars live and play?

Thats going to be a short riding day for us, so we would like to find a place to settle in and after that ?? Terry would like to take a tour like Nash-What? , but we are wide open.
Doc

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2010, 11:21:41 PM »

I'd love an op to show you some great places between Milwuakee and Omaha, I have benn to California Taco in Omaha and its great. Let us know when you plan on getting a little closer.
Supershooter

Looking forward to meeting you and will put you down for  :beerchug:.  Doc

dustingaunder

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE in Spiced Rum
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2010, 03:30:37 PM »

Doc, just got done with a trip out to Amarillo on the bike.  You'll definitely want to chew up those miles.  The roads are decently smooth, but that is the most boring 275 miles ever....  I put the cruise on at 80 and if not for the wind, I could have slept all the way.  On the way there when we got into TX there were sustained winds of 35-45 mph with gusts up to 60 or so.  Directly out of the South too.  I wish someone could have gotten a picture of me and my 45 degree straight ahead lean angle.  Looking forward to meeting up with you!
2010 FLHXSE w/
Fullsac X-Pipe 'B'
2.0 Baffles
TTS Tune
Clearview 8" Smoke Recurve
Nice and Simple!

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2010, 03:59:56 PM »

Doc, just got done with a trip out to Amarillo on the bike.  You'll definitely want to chew up those miles.  The roads are decently smooth, but that is the most boring 275 miles ever....  I put the cruise on at 80 and if not for the wind, I could have slept all the way.  On the way there when we got into TX there were sustained winds of 35-45 mph with gusts up to 60 or so.  Directly out of the South too.  I wish someone could have gotten a picture of me and my 45 degree straight ahead lean angle.  Looking forward to meeting up with you!

Thanks for the report, people have been know to hear me shout at the top my lungs "WHEN IS TEXAS GOING TO BE OVER" good thing there is wind to keep you awake.   ;D   Doc

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2010, 04:46:56 PM »

Best burger & frys in Kingman is Mr.D's on rt66. My vote for Amarillo is The Big Texan.We try & hit it at meal time on our way to Vegas & back.Good chance I'll see you at the Anchor Bar in Buffalo.When you get your route pinned down we can figure a time & place to meet & I'll ride to Buffalo with you.
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

dmnrdn

• Avoid the 8P's
  • Full CVO Member
    • KS
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2010, 04:58:23 PM »

Hit Does Eat Place in Littler Rock  http://www.doeseatplace.com/index.htm
Hole in the wall but great steaks

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2010, 05:18:58 PM »

Best burger & frys in Kingman is Mr.D's on rt66. My vote for Amarillo is The Big Texan.We try & hit it at meal time on our way to Vegas & back.Good chance I'll see you at the Anchor Bar in Buffalo.When you get your route pinned down we can figure a time & place to meet & I'll ride to Buffalo with you.

Thanks BAKRDS  :2vrolijk_21:

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2010, 12:29:02 PM »

I'm getting hungry already. Terry and I are going to do a little "practice run" to Sturgis first and then to the right coast via Maggie.  :D   Doc

dustingaunder

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE in Spiced Rum
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2010, 01:10:46 PM »

Still looking forward to meeting you and it looks like cobb is in on the deal now.  Can't wait!
2010 FLHXSE w/
Fullsac X-Pipe 'B'
2.0 Baffles
TTS Tune
Clearview 8" Smoke Recurve
Nice and Simple!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.