Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Juke Joint Ride  (Read 7104 times)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
Juke Joint Ride
« on: September 10, 2010, 09:24:50 AM »

My buddy GH and myself are both into the blues. We've been talking about a Juke Joint Ride to find and visit the "Real Deal" juke joints of the Mississippi delta. I am more from the South than GH but, I'm still not local to the Mississippi Juke Joints. We're talking about spending a week at this. One of my concerns is being in the middle of the Mississippi delta in the middle of the week and not finding any Juke Joints open. To overcome that, as bad as I hate schedules, I think we need a schedule to assure we'll be in the right place at the right time.

Roughly, I had in mind the delta from Memphis Tn down south and maybe over to Jackson Mississippi. At this point we're flexible with our schedule. WE could be in Jackson Mississippi and work our way back North or start at Memphis and work our way South. Any site member from the area and an offer any advice? Anyone else care to tag along? We're talking about the first half of October.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
Re: Juke Joint Ride
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 09:40:34 AM »

My buddy GH and myself are both into the blues. We've been talking about a Juke Joint Ride to find and visit the "Real Deal" juke joints of the Mississippi delta. I am more from the South than GH but, I'm still not local to the Mississippi Juke Joints. We're talking about spending a week at this. One of my concerns is being in the middle of the Mississippi delta in the middle of the week and not finding any Juke Joints open. To overcome that, as bad as I hate schedules, I think we need a schedule to assure we'll be in the right place at the right time.

Roughly, I had in mind the delta from Memphis Tn down south and maybe over to Jackson Mississippi. At this point we're flexible with our schedule. WE could be in Jackson Mississippi and work our way back North or start at Memphis and work our way South. Any site member from the area and an offer any advice? Anyone else care to tag along? We're talking about the first half of October.
Is there a hunting season for Yanks????   :nixweiss:  Hope it ain't the fall  :nervous: Seriously I hope somebody chimes in here and provides some insight  :2vrolijk_21: Could do a pick up ride on the way down!!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 09:49:05 AM »

Is there a hunting season for Yanks????    :nixweiss:  Hope it ain't the fall  :nervous: Seriously I hope somebody chimes in here and provides some insight  :2vrolijk_21: Could do a pick up ride on the way down!!

Yanks are safe North of the Mississippi/Tn state line as long as they don't talk funny. South of the Mississippi/Tn state line, you're on your own.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 10:12:21 AM »

Have not done this as a bike trip but have had a few car excursions in the area - too many years ago to remember much due to beer fueled forgetfulness.  Anywhere along Hwy. 61 from Memphis to Clarksdale & then down toward Rosedale & Greenville have a lot of blues joints.  http://www.nationalgeographic.com/traveler/articles/1121_blueshighway.html  Probably more are open weekends - too long ago to do you any good from memory.

May have thought of this already but you could route yourself back up toward nashville up the natchez trace if you want an easy ride.  Try Rendevous in Memphis for bbq.  Won't regret it. Have fun!
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 10:17:32 AM »

Man, I wish I'd have known about this six months ago.  Terrie and I would have been there for sure.

I'm sure you know that area better than I but here's a few links that might help:

http://visitthedelta.com/explore_our_region/clarksdale/default.aspx?source=google

http://www.groundzerobluesclub.com/

http://www.mississippideltabluesinfo.com/
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 10:27:35 AM »

Have not done this as a bike trip but have had a few car excursions in the area - too many years ago to remember much due to beer fueled forgetfulness.  Anywhere along Hwy. 61 from Memphis to Clarksdale & then down toward Rosedale & Greenville have a lot of blues joints.  http://www.nationalgeographic.com/traveler/articles/1121_blueshighway.html  Probably more are open weekends - too long ago to do you any good from memory.

May have thought of this already but you could route yourself back up toward nashville up the natchez trace if you want an easy ride.  Try Rendevous in Memphis for bbq.  Won't regret it. Have fun!
Sounds like a refresher is in order Mike .... join us??

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 10:28:29 AM »

Man, I wish I'd have known about this six months ago.  Terrie and I would have been there for sure.

I'm sure you know that area better than I but here's a few links that might help:

http://visitthedelta.com/explore_our_region/clarksdale/default.aspx?source=google

http://www.groundzerobluesclub.com/

http://www.mississippideltabluesinfo.com/
Thanks for the links JC ... never too late ya know  ;)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 10:31:11 AM »

Mid-october....YGTBFKM...

Like as in 4-5 weeks?  GTFOH...

I'll be at the Disney Whine and Food festival....for ducks sake..

Like I could get the time off anyways, my boss is a diick.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 10:33:25 AM »

Mid-october....YGTBFKM...

Like as in 4-5 weeks?  GTFOH...

I'll be at the Disney Whine and Food festival....for ducks sake..

Like I could get the time off anyways, my boss is a diick.
Wait, I thought you were the boss  :o

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 10:59:13 AM »

Sounds like a refresher is in order Mike .... join us??

I wish I could Howie - I really do.  Just passed on Natchez Trace trip over Labor Day in the same area.  It sucks to be me these days.

Have a Biketoberfest long weekend planned & am going to the State Rally in Destin, FL this year - both in Oct.  ...But am considering a Sturgis ride trip (2 weeks with camping prolly) next summer since I have to find something to look forward to besides work & work & then there is always work. 
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 11:05:17 AM »

You funny....but looks aint everything...

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2010, 11:15:52 AM »

....he is.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2010, 11:16:26 AM »

I heard Kenny Lee's boss is the biggest deck of all.............

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2010, 11:29:26 AM »

He has a new deck from what I hear tell...

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2010, 11:37:52 AM »

Yanks are safe North of the Mississippi/Tn state line as long as they don't talk funny. South of the Mississippi/Tn state line, you're on your own.
No problem going to Mississippi, we moved to Alabama 7 years ago and went there over Labor day, I just add a little twang to my talk and pass by easily, great people everywhere.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 20 queries.