Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Test Rode the 2012 BMW K1600 GTL Yesterday........  (Read 53469 times)

mark z

• 2012 CVO Road Glide Custom Candy Cobalt and Twilight Blue
  • Junior CVO Member
Re: Test Rode the 2012 BMW K1600 GTL Yesterday........
« Reply #210 on: February 10, 2013, 12:50:41 AM »

Hello again Chuck, I hope I feel the same way letting go my FLHTCUSE5BLK :confused5: I’m picking up my 2013 BMW K1600GTL Dark Graphite Metallic March 8 ;D How’s the vent jacket fit  :drink:

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #211 on: September 21, 2013, 12:47:45 PM »

I picked up a 2013 k1600 GTL in May and sold it in July. Nice ride but as always quality issues to large to live with. (BMW issue)

Drive line lash, bike shutting down in heat because of poor hand controls, leaky water pumps,  GPS impossible to read in sunlight.

Looking forward to getting my next CVO in a few weeks.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #212 on: September 21, 2013, 04:13:09 PM »

Now that I have a full year on the GTL I thought I'd throw in my real life experience with this bike. Right at 12K miles on in all kinds of conditions. This past weekend was the first time I'd been back on a Harley (Ultra) since making the switch.

The best way to  compare these two bikes (CVO Tourer and the GTL) for me is the CVO Bagger is like a 69 Chevelle with a big block... balsy, sounds great, muscle it through a corner, looks cool, buddies think its awesome and tinker on it all the time.

The GTL is more like driving an Audi R8. Precision engineered tightly sprung screaming through the corners goes WAY faster than it looks euro racing machine that needs very LITTLE tinkering. Just ride it. Yes, both are cars. Both fun. Just different.

To be honest I felt like I went WAY back in time on the Ultra. I'm certainly still an "HD" guy (wearing HD swag as I type) but for me, if I can only have one its the BMW hands down. Overall, just a much better bike for me and the kind if riding I do.  I'd still love to have my 09 SERG too but not realistic. And after two rebuilds in less than 30K miles, plus a few no-starts, plus bad starters, breaks, tires, etc I was getting fatigued with the CVO.  Other than my 79 CX500 I had ONLY owned a Harley prior to this GTL but I have to admit I have no regrets.

Both brands have positives and negatives but for me at least, the positives that the GTL far outweigh the negatives. I will say this... The CVO forum here has the nicest People in ANY forum on it !  The BMW forums seems to have a lot if snobbish, "I'm smarter than you" kinds (not all of course)

Anyway... thats a bit if my experience on the GTL for the past year ir so. regardless of what you ride. Be safe. love God, love people, look out for  friends, family, other riders, and enjoy the journey.

Great review Chuck.  But only 12k miles.....you're slowing down.  Gotta spend less time on those planes and more time on that bike. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.