Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Rain, rain... PLEASE STOP!!!  (Read 22489 times)

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
Re: Rain, rain... PLEASE STOP!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2013, 12:25:18 AM »

Really guys.. it rains most everyday here....

Of course it isnt quite as cold as it is there but it still rains everyday.

And the salt never washes off the road either!

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Hog95023

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2013, 01:13:33 AM »

Sending sunshine your way :2vrolijk_21:

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2013, 06:46:11 AM »

Sassafrassa $&@# %=+€?:*... This is two cold and completely rained-out weekends in a row! I wanna RIDE, dammit!!! I need some warm  :sunny: SOON, or somebody's gonna be in for a world of hurt. A WORLD of hurt...

I'm just SAYIN'...  >:(

Ken

Ken, I Know your pain over here we get more rain/cloudy/cold/ unpredictable days then sunny ones.

BUT, this is a long weekend for us this side of the pond and it is just fantastically sunny :cool26: :cool26:
and in the 70s we make the most of it when we can.

Wishing sun shine your way brother

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2013, 09:23:53 AM »

Ken, I Know your pain over here we get more rain/cloudy/cold/ unpredictable days then sunny ones.

BUT, this is a long weekend for us this side of the pond and it is just fantastically sunny :cool26: :cool26:
and in the 70s we make the most of it when we can.

Wishing sun shine your way brother

Peter, I spent a fair amount of time in the south of England back in the early 90s... Winchester, Hursley area. I really enjoyed being there. IBM had a big software development lab there, and I was working with a team developing software for PCs to let them connect and share apps - kind of like what WebEx and GoToMyPC do now, but before the web existed. I remember how green and pretty the area was, but it never seemed to rain on any of my 6 or so visits, thankfully.

I saw Stonehenge, the stone circles at Avebury, etc...and drank a lot of really good bitter! The lab was on an old estate that had been used to manufacture aircraft during WWII, and there was a cricket field with a pub on the estate. We'd knock off around 4:30 each day, and go drink beer at the pub and watch the cricket games. The gents there did their best to explain the rules of cricket to us, but it was largely lost on me because my mind kept trying to compare it to baseball. Plus, the beer didn't help clarify things any. Good Times, Good Times!

Glad you and others elsewhere are having nice weather! Like Freddy sang... Get on your bikes and RIDE!

Still raining here at the Badger Den, and hasn't stopped since Friday. Supposed to continue through Monday now. I'm thinking that my next mod to the Honey Badger may be skis and a propeller... or maybe a jet drive!

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2013, 10:05:18 AM »

Really guys.. it rains most everyday here....

Of course it isnt quite as cold as it is there but it still rains everyday.

And the salt never washes off the road either!

Yeah - it rains in the afternoon for a hour every day, then it's 84 and beautiful! I could get used to that...  :2vrolijk_21:

I've visited the Islands 6 times. They are staggeringly beautiful. I've been on Oahu, Hawaii, Maui, Lanai, and Kauai. The first time I was there in '78, I rented a Honda 750 and we tooled all over Oahu on it. We were young and stupid, and had all kinds of fun!

My father was stationed in Pearl Harbor in WWII, along with his older brother, my Uncle Vernon. Dad flew F4F Wildcats from the Saratoga in the war, and he was in the Battle of Midway. I still watch Midway once a year in his honor. I've been to the Arizona Memorial, and to the battleship Missouri. I've also been to many native Hawaiian places from before the coming of the "Haoles".

Dad came back to the mainland after the war, but Uncle Vernon stayed in the islands for the rest of his life. He married a native Hawaiian girl, and raised a family in Kaneohe. He got into law enforcement, and he was Chief of Police for some years, I think. I remember him being quite a character. His son, my cousin Dante Carpenter, was a State Senator in the in the late 70s, and he later was elected Mayor of the Big Island for a few years. In think he got booted out because he was too progressive and wanted to develop the Big Island more than the people there wanted.

I remember when we went to see him at the state capital in '78, he was conducting some kind of Senate meeting. When they told him we had arrived, he suspended the meeting and he came out to talk to us. We were concerned that he was keeping everyone in the meeting waiting, and I remember him waving his hand and saying "Oh, they can WAIT." And they did wait, for nearly 30 minutes. His family was more important to him than the goons in the meeting!

Last time we were in Hawaii was in March 2010, and the weather was unusually cold and rainy the whole time. Pretty miserable vacation... it felt just like it does here right now! That is the only time I have ever been there when it wasn't absolutely beautiful, warm, and sunny every day. Even the locals were saying that it's never like it was that week.

Ken
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 10:06:59 AM by North Georgia Hawg »

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2013, 10:10:16 AM »

OMG Ken, how much more rain can you tolerate down there?  All that water is gonna bring your snakes back out.   :'(

Let's hope not, Judy! They need to stay in the woods where they belong. But at this rate, it may be JUNE before the pool is warm enough to swim in...

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2013, 10:15:49 AM »

I feel the exact same way. Brand new bike in the garage that needs some miles on it. I've only ridden it home from the dealer, back to the dealer and home again. Getting antsy but  I'll have a little time to do a few things to it tomorrow before the real good weather sets in. Of all things to do today in this rain I went to an outdoor party in Atlanta, thank God for rental tents.

I'll bet you are just ITCHIN' to get your new SEUC out on the road!

I can't wait to get back out on the Honey Badger, too. Next weekend is looking iffy right now, too... 40% chance of RAIN!  But it's still a week away and everything can change by the time it arrives. Pretty useless trying to predict Georgia weather a week in advance...

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

BAGGER 1

• Senior CVO Member
  • Leeco
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2013, 10:20:12 AM »

>:(    Ken,  I feel your pain, I'm next door and sick of the rain too !!!

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2013, 10:56:55 AM »

Yea I guess us southern boys look silly bitchin bout the weather to other forum members. But when it's MAY in the south and we aint riding every day we are going to bitch, this suxs.  :( MYRTLE BEACH rally is just a week away, global warming my butt.  :soapbox:

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2013, 11:53:10 AM »

... global warming my butt.  :soapbox:

At this point, I am officially IN FAVOR of global warming... Bring it on!

The Wizard's Tune

ultrarider123

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2013, 08:13:47 AM »

I'm'a going to jump in here too...

COME ON LORD, TURN OFF THE SPRINKLER ALREADY!!!

I'm with you here, Ken.  We are a bit over 5 months into 2013 and here in East Tennessee we are already 14" ahead on rain for the year.  I understand Washington State/Oregon getting rain all the time but that kind of precipitation in the Southeast/East Tennessee/North Georgia is not usual.  I've read all the replies and snickered at all our Northern brothers/sisters laughing at us complaining of the rain while they are STILL suffering through the cold/snow.  I can't blame them....we have good weather most all year....Oh well, it will stop some day and the birds will be chirping, the sun will be shining, you will be heading out on a long ride on the CVO that's handling the twisties and sounding good echoing off the hills/valleys/trees, there will be a cold Newcastle/Guiness/your favorite brew in the fridge waiting for you at home and all will be well in the world.
Ken, what we all really want to know is the dates for your pool opening party will be.... :2vrolijk_21:

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2013, 10:16:38 AM »

I'm'a going to jump in here too...

COME ON LORD, TURN OFF THE SPRINKLER ALREADY!!!

I'm with you here, Ken.  We are a bit over 5 months into 2013 and here in East Tennessee we are already 14" ahead on rain for the year.  I understand Washington State/Oregon getting rain all the time but that kind of precipitation in the Southeast/East Tennessee/North Georgia is not usual.  I've read all the replies and snickered at all our Northern brothers/sisters laughing at us complaining of the rain while they are STILL suffering through the cold/snow.  I can't blame them....we have good weather most all year....Oh well, it will stop some day and the birds will be chirping, the sun will be shining, you will be heading out on a long ride on the CVO that's handling the twisties and sounding good echoing off the hills/valleys/trees, there will be a cold Newcastle/Guiness/your favorite brew in the fridge waiting for you at home and all will be well in the world.
Ken, what we all really want to know is the dates for your pool opening party will be.... :2vrolijk_21:

AMEN, BROTHER HOWARD! The beer is all there in the party fridge in the kitchen downstairs now.

Lake Lanier has been at FULL POOL for nearly a week, before this latest round of heavy rain. We haven't seen it near full pool since 2009... and before the rains that filled it up back then, in 2007 it was 22 feet low... the lowest it's been since the Buford Dam was built back in the 50s. Entire marinas were sitting on dry land back in the summer of 2007, and they looked like ghost towns.

We shouldn't really complain about spring rain here. For most of the last 15 years, Georgia has been in and out of drought conditions. It really IS very nice to see Lake Lanier at full pool in early May. That will help the area and the lake recreation businesses tremendously this season.

BUT OK, WEATHER GODS... Enough is ENOUGH... the lake is FULL, all of the creeks are above flood stage, and you can turn off the spigots now. Thank You. Plants and people need SUNSHINE, too!

RE: Badger Den CVO Pool Party... that sounds like a blast! We are blessed with lots of room here... Three bedrooms downstairs on the "Party Level", and lots of room for sleeping bags in various other rooms on both levels. This place could probably sleep twenty without feeling too crowded... More than that if we lined up sleeping bags dorm-style. And there are also the decks for those who like to sleep al fresco.

Thanks to the C-C-COLD weather the past week, the pool has dropped 5 degrees and now sits at a frigid (for a Suth'rn boy like me) 65 degrees. Once this crap starts moving out of here tomorrow, we are supposed to see  :sunny: and 80 degrees by Thursday though. So that should start the pool temps moving in the right direction.

Suggestions for a pool party date are welcome! I'm thinking July when we KNOW it will be warm and hopefully sunny, but I'm flexible. Gotta get the Badger Bar built before the party though... need to get my butt in gear!

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2013, 10:30:20 AM »

Oh, I forgot... it's STILL raining here this morning, BTW... after raining again all night...  :(

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

ultrarider123

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2013, 10:35:01 AM »

Oh, I forgot... it's STILL raining here this morning, BTW... after raining again all night...  :(

Ken

Same here....should finally stop Wednesday this week for us.  Hopefully just in time for a ride up to Kentucky for some ribs on Friday night.... :2vrolijk_21:

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2013, 11:23:50 AM »

Same here....should finally stop Wednesday this week for us.  Hopefully just in time for a ride up to Kentucky for some ribs on Friday night.... :2vrolijk_21:

Yeah... I would have liked to have been able to attend RibFest, but we just have too much going on right now.

I hope everyone enjoys it!

Ken

The Wizard's Tune
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 21 queries.